ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Ĝlbajseren - Monk Application

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Ĝlbajseren - Monk Application
Ĝlbajseren

Post Ĝlbajseren - Monk Application Reply with quote
1. Personal

Hey guys, to introduce myself here in the beginning of this adventure, my name is Daniel I'm 21 years old born on 20th of january, I'm located in Denmark closer Copenhagen (capital) where i live in a villa with my family, I am currently unemployed but the job hunt continues!
personal intrests i enjoy computer speccing at the most hardware software makes my head spin (in a good way) and troubleshooting is always something i find exciting and challenging, besides computers i pretty much use my time with family or friends but mostly my time is used infront of the computer.

2. Character

i) Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/%C3%98lbajseren/simple
ii) Race, Class, Spec: Pandaren, Monk, DPS with tanking as offspec
iii) /Played time: 24 days 3 hours 13 min
iv) Please tell us about your character. We want to see that you know your chosen class through and through. Things you may want to consider (though by no means an exhaustive list): Why do you play your class? What’s your rotation? What do you feel this character brings to a group? What would you change for different encounters? Why have you geared/specced/gemmed/chosen those professions as you have? Why should we consider it instead of anything else?

- well first of my monk was my saviour in WoW, since i pretty much lost intrest in the game preMoP, but after my monk came to life so have my enjoyment for playing the game! Now the reason why i chose my monk was ofcourse Hey new class lets do this shizzle! But after a short while i quickly found out that my monk would be my main! reasons for choosing this is because i find him to be one of the funniest classes yet i have played without getting exhausted or drained from energy after playing him 6 hours in a row ^^ well my rotation i have found to work the best is currently on starting a bossfight ; Zuen! -> debuffs running (sunrise & tigerpalm) -> chi building -> 1 CD pop (engi gloves) -> blackout till sunrise is ready again -> FoF (fists of fury) when 3 chi pops -> chi build and blackout + sunrise - now thats pretty mcuh how my boss encounters go but i do find it hard to get any Bursting done with a monk or perhaps its just me? (any pointers are welcome) now for what i could change for the different encounters, while i must say i have yet to encounter a needed change in my build but, 75 talent can be exchanged for more magic reduction + 90 talent to rushing jade if the boss encounter is highly adds dependent now about my gearing what i see that are striking out is my gems, where i mostly go for haste and pretty much ignore agi gems, is because i've had alot of trouble keeping a steady DPS due to lack of a few energi ticks, and with my current build i meet my requirements hehe - what goes for my profession i recently changed out a bit, as i took on the powers of an engineer to "boost ma' boots and choppin' gloves" for the extra CD, last i got enchanting, just like the extra 2 enchants on the rings love em .

3. WoW Experience

Well i am an old WoW player back into Zul'Gurub when that was still a raid and such, unfortunately the achieves for all those goodies are on an account i no longer can remember the information to Sad

however this account have seen WOTLK and Cata since i wasen't much around during TBC.

but i've done:
ZG
MC
BWL
and then it jumps on to:
ICC
TOC
Ulduar
-all done in 10man, never raided much 25man till MoP
and then i came back in cata with full strength during:
BWD
BoT
DS
FL
-however i took a break during DS farming and didn't see much of that but came back and did FL on HC and after that was cleared i went back on a short break till MoP was released Smile

now for MoP, this is where my monk became known as Mr. Awesome! here i was in a pretty good Danish guild where we cleared MSV quite fast, and moved on to HoF when that was released, however we only ever got to 2/6 when the guild felt apart, and i joined a 25man raiding guild, here i got the chance to do some HC in MSV and progressing on 25man for the first time after a few months the GM quitted the game and that guild felt apart aswell -.- after that i went back to casual raiding with a danish guild and this is where i am now, now searching for new challenges again in 5.2! hoping to get some progress raiding again (missing the thrill!)

4. World of Logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ej9pop2h4ce45cu6/details/11/
i hope this is the correct link and what you are looking for since i don't normally use WoL much Smile

A link to a recent WoL parse is required. (Should you not have access to a recent log, please record a LFR run. Check here how to do so)

5. Interface

i try to keep my addons to a zero but my most used is ofcourse DBM, followed by healbot (use it to keep track on healthpools when not on my alt healers) and recount, i use my keybindings trough 1-6 + ctrl and shift 1-6, aswell as shift + q, d , f , g

my specs are as followed:
8GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce GTX580 2gb
Intel I7-2600 3.4 Ghz
Asus Motherboard
1x 120 GB SSD disk
2x 2 TB HDD disk
1x 1.5TB HDD disk
followed by a 12/1 mbit connection, i've had some issues with it previously but changing provider here around 6 months ago seems to have sorted all issues since i no longer have any DC's or other stuff like that

6. Previous/Current guilds

-Elitism, very good danish raiding guild however the guild went completely inactive after 8 raiders left so i left aswell to join Scion

-Scion, had fun with alot of the blokes here and had some pretty good raids aswell however our GM quitted WoW and the Guild became inactive aswell as Elitism, due to inactivity i join Smukkeguild

-Smukkeguild, where i am now and a Casual guild, doing a few raids but nothing big, mostly here to help out friends and guildies since i've known most of the people here for more then 4 years

7. Alts

Serious and serious alts, i have geared alts and hopefully still be playing them but i have 2 "major" alts that i play the most which are:

Prot Warrior: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Pilsneren/simple

Survival Hunter: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Fnugi/simple

besides these i have a few others at 90 but are inactive and don't play em as much (1 is geared only for PvP but nothing i do in any big terms)

Sublety Rogue: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/He%C3%AEneken/simple

Restoration Druid: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Royal/simple

8. Dragons and You!

well currently i'm all yours lol, as i'm unemployed i got all the time in the world to focus just for you, as i cannot foresee the future, i can't say if i'll get a 40 hour work week but even with future jobs my goal is to be able to attend 5/5 days of raiding Smile now the reason for joining Dragons is 100% because of the community, i have seen you everywhere since i started playing the game and everytime i talked with some of you, you were always the greatest people + now where i'm searching for a progressing guild + great people, what more can i hope for?
What i can bring to the guild what you don't already have? Hard to say since you already have a very big community, standing out will be though, but hopefully an active player that will light up the Gchat and being a great friend to my fellow guildies Smile

now for the vouches, no i don't have a super best friend in the guild, so no vouches i believe but i have chatted with alot of you so hopefully some 1 will remember my name when reading this and go like 'omg this guy is so awesome!'
Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 am View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
however this account have seen WOTLK and Cata since i wasen't much around during TBC.

You appear to have old PvP rank FoS's so I'm going to go ahead and assume that all of your old achievements are indeed listed.

Anyway, thank you for the application. We'll discuss it, ask some questions, discuss it some more and then get back to you shortly.

Quick question from me off the bat. I'm having a hard time trying to find the character you raided on during WotLK and Cataclysm, since all of your other characters only seem to have 1 or 2 kills in each raid. Could you link or point me in the direction of the character you raided on during WotLK and Cataclysm? This is assuming you did and I'm not just a fool who can't read properly.
Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Ĝlbajseren

Post chars Reply with quote
hi kris, i raided during cata mostly on my rogue named Heîneken & my priest cerès now. during WoTlk it was different from char to char, doing trial of the crusader time it was on my shammy named Export, ulduar i believe was my druid Royal, and ICC was shammy bit of my DK named Rhay and ye can't seem to recall the others right now Very Happy it was mostly from what the guild needed hehe
Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Quicker than I thought. You don't appear to have a tremendous amount of raid experience at current content. However, in light of the fact that you've geared the best you can despite not currently raiding all that much and your logs seeming fairly decent in regards to not dying or taking unnecessary damage, we've decided to offer you a trial.

/w an officer in game (Yraél, Anarki, Darealshammy or Kris) for an invite.

Bear in mind that because 5.2 is a new tier for us all, we expect raiders to at least have a brief overview of the fight. If you haven't already, I would suggest reading up on the encounters for 5.2.
Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: