ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Zoroboss - Warrior Application

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Zoroboss - Warrior Application
Zoroboss

Post Zoroboss - Warrior Application Reply with quote
1. Personal

Tell us something about yourself making sure to mention at least your age and nationality.

My name is Nicolai, and I am 20 years old. I live in Denmark, where I’m currently studying some few hours each day. I’m supplying my gym education, so I can get accepted at the university this summer. I play a bit of soccer from each Friday afternoon, but I’m moving at 15 March, so this I probably going to change for a bit more soccer practice, but I’m not aware of the time and days atm, sadly.

2. Character

i) Armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Zoroboss/simple
ii) Race, Class, Spec:
Human, warrior, mainspec is prot, but have a fury dw ofspec with decent gear.

iii) /Played time:
On warrior: 49 days and 4 hours.
Mage: 37 days and 15 hours.
Druid: 92 days and 11 hours
DK: 71 days and 7 hours
Rogue 18 days and 3 hours.
Have raided some time on most of them, besides my rogue..

iv) Please tell us about your character. We want to see that you know your chosen class through and through. Things you may want to consider (though by no means an exhaustive list): Why do you play your class? What’s your rotation? What do you feel this character brings to a group? What would you change for different encounters? Why have you geared/specced/gemmed/chosen those professions as you have? Why should we consider it instead of anything else?
The reason for me playing a warrior tank, is because I have played a lot of different stuff. But back in the days I have always been a fan of warriors, especially warrior tanks. Don’t know if it’s actually because they are using shields and stuff, and fit the role more of a real “tank” with platea rmor and shield and so on. Warrior dps have also been one of the dps classes I like, since they never use pets and so on (never been a fan of it). Fury with dw 2handing is just awesome (even though it ain’t the best atm.). To be true I have always had a bit of problems with warrior dpsing though, for some reason I lag some stuff (maybe because I never did it fully, or even had a chance to try it). Mainly I didn’t play my warrior, but played Resto druid / feral (tank and dps), DK (all specs), and mage mainly for raiding in guilds. But I have always had my warrior in the backhand, and since MoP I decided to play it mainly.
Enough with the chit chat… As a warrior I try to rotate my current cd’s so, I have some kind of avoidance up all the time, or damage reduction. Making sure to hold targets cc’d/stunned if it’s a big aoe fight, while always being ready to stun. Using my shield block to fights with melee attacks or using my shield barrier if there is magic damage or a big damage output at some moments (to absorb the damage, instead og reducting it with other cooldowns).
As fury dps, I don’t really follow a rotation, I’m using more a priority list:
Bloodfirst (getting rage) -> Colossus Smash (weakning the enemy’s armor, so I can do more damage for some time) -> Execute spamming (the last 20 %) -> Raging blow -> Wild strike -> Heroic strike.
For gemming and enchanting I mainly focus on:
For prot: Mastery -> Stam -> dodge / parry.
For fury: hit, and exp capped -> CRIT! -> mastery -> haste.
Mainly I would switch around with some abilities and stuff, so I always can do the best, and maximize my use for the current counter. F.ex. going Arms on garalon for more cleaving. Else just do some few things, so I always can perform at the best for my team.
I feel I can bring a good character into the raid grp, with a good use of big Aoe sustaining cooldowns, for survival, and then a cleaving character, which can come into good use (only thinking about dps here). Then a class which can burn out the last 20 %, with cooldowns and damage an mass!.
Currently I have engineering and mining, the main reason for this I slacking. The character hasn’t been my main before MoP, so I haven’t been focusing on optimizing it for raiding really, just more for the lols. But I have been planning on removing mining and getting JC up, so I can get some more usefull gems and stuff instead of just the stamina from the mining, which ain’t that damn usefull. Engineering is the most awesome profession though, and I wouldn’t change it for anything, even though Blizzard is destroying its good use all the time by making it unable to get some decent pros from it, besides form the start. But luckily it can be used for some good, and ain’t total trash, even though it’s lagging a bit of pros as said..

3. WoW Experience

We are especially interested in the raids/bosses/achievements you did while they were still current. Try to be as detailed as you can. Please also feel free to list any high level PvP experience or anything else you feel may be relevant.

I haven’t done anything special. I started to raid in WOTLK and I moved around a bit, but ended up working on LK HC 25 man a lot, and cleared the rest easy with my guild at that point Zeus. Then I have been trying to keep the raid team Pheonix from divine edge above you guys.. But we ended up coming short. Have been moving around a lot, and so many teams I have joined ended up getting “destroyed”, and stopped raiding before clearing the end tiers was a possibility sadly. But have been raiding and tried to go as far as possible. I got legendary staff on my mage, and did most of Firelands with most HC besides Ragnoras. But else yeah… pretty much it.. I can answer on questions about this topic if needed.

4. World of Logs

A link to a recent WoL parse is required. (Should you not have access to a recent log, please record a LFR run. Check here how to do so)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y9ql8jzot4ekzh7e/
Here is a log, but currently I am not dpsing for my team. Can do both of course. My dps ain’t total crap, have some ware about it, but I just need to practice a bit. Should be able to do decent and don’t disappoint you, promise!

5. Interface

i) Please post or link a screenshot of your interface in combat. Ideally during a raid encounter, but at a training dummy is acceptable.

Only got one from running around with small low levels, sadly.. But it shows my interface while in combat well:

[img]

[/img]

ii) Please detail your major raid addons and outline your keybindings:
Omen treat meter (checking treat).
Recount, it’s more than just a dps-show-tool happily.
Tank warnings: So I can see if people are using their taunt (when switching at stacks f.ex.).
Dbm: it’s not needed, but it gives a great help for knowing when to pop cd’s incase of big hits and stuff, and gives a bit of help with the phases and tacs just to be short.
Name : Im using another kind of floating text, which is making it easier for me to define what is happening to me at the current second.
Else Im trying to hold it clean from way to many addons.

iii) Technical stuff. How's your PC and connection?

I got a 15/2 mb internet connection, from Stofa. But when I’m moving to March I’m getting a 30/30 connection fiber internet.
8 GB ra, Intel® Core™ i7-2600HK 3.40 GHz, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, 1 TB harddisk.
Using a Jensen Scandenavia wireless connector, which just eats my 15 mb for it self..

6. Previous/Current guilds

Please detail your current and any former guilds and if applicable your reasons for leaving them

It has been quite a journey, so I won’t tell about that much in details. I have been in top guilds on Emerald dream. ED is kind of a shit server, so it doesn’t say that much. I left the server to Skullcrusher, and after some time I left that place again, to play at outland with some friends. That turned out bad, and the biggest part of us stopped, I on the other hand joined a guild called Zeus at the end of Cata. We stopped raiding though, and then I decided to start on a fresh beginning on MoP, so I started a guild with my mates, (same story as Imaclicker). Then instead of joining you, I joined Divine edge, because some of the other mates said they needed a tank, and after my disappointment in Scion I wasn’t sure about 25 man raiding.
Now Divine Edge broke with their tryhard team, and I need something else.. I’m 100% sure I want 25 man raiding, and want something stabile.
The main reasons for leaving guilds have been because of guilds lagging in raiding, progression or just people in the teams.

7. Alts

Please provide Armory links for any seriously played alts

Got a mage besides this, just dinged 90 only though, and haven’t been in raids and so on:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Zoroaester/simple
Then I’m planning on leveling a munk soon, got all the powerleveling gear for him, just have to start on it (or well, have to start going powerleveling mode). Shouldn’t take me long before he is highlevel and ready for some action (if a munk fits your current team better).
And get some 85’s here and there..

8. Dragons and You!

i) Please tell us your availibility. Our raiding times are posted in the Guild Rules and in order for your application to be considered you will have to ensure that you can fulfil the attendance requirements.

At the moment I would be able to meet the raid times, without any problems at all. I can’t promise what will happen with my soccer practice though, but it shouldn’t destroy my raiding times at all, I should meet the required attendance easily.

ii) Why do you want to join Dragons?
I want to join Dragons because I miss the 25 man raiding, and the “hardcore” raiding of wow. I lag the fun of true raiding, which ain’t a possibility of achieving in a 10man raiding guild. So I want to join mainly because of the raiding team you have, and because you are more serious about progressing still, and not stopping that.

iii) What do you believe you would bring to Dragons?

I can bring a good and stabile guy. I will bring myself 200 % to the guild, and will meet up every time raid is up, unless something really bad has happened to me, or someone near me. I’m friendly and always ready for some action, or just some fun and social things. But I love raiding, and got a passion for it, so I’ll do pretty much everything to help and be there for a good raiding team, with promising progress in the binoculars.

iv) If applicable, please list any current members of Dragons you know and who would vouch for you
Well, they might be a bit bitchy.. But I think Imaclicker and Arcaydian can vouch for me.
Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Greetings.

We currently have 3 mainspec tanks at the moment, and obviously 4 tanks is too many in a raid. However, sometimes we don't get all 3 tanks online. Ergo, how comfortable would you be as going dps mainspec and keeping the tank spec as an offspec in the event of one of the tanks being absent?

Last edited by Krisandra on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
Zoroboss

Post Reply with quote
That wouldn't be a problem for me at all Smile
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
We've decided to accept you for a trial as a mainspec dps while retaining your tank spec just in case one of the tanks has to take an absence. Shout at one of the officers for an invite.

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: