ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Magicbjørn of Hellscream-EU - Crossrealm Paladin Tank/DPS

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Magicbjørn of Hellscream-EU - Crossrealm Paladin Tank/DPS
magicbjorn

Post Magicbjørn of Hellscream-EU - Crossrealm Paladin Tank/DPS Reply with quote
Section I: Personal
You might remember me from back in the Wrath of the Lich Kings times, where I applied twice. Back then, you found me too immature to join. I've raised my head and kicked some bosses' asses during late Wrath of the Lich King, and all throughout Cataclysm, and I'm back again!

My name is Bjørn Broer. Where I live, we spell that as Björn, since our alphabet does not contain the letter ø.
My age is 19. I have recently turned 19, namely on the 11th of December.
I live in the damp, moist lands of the Netherlands (or “Holland”, for those who prefer to call it like that).
Currently, I am going to school, with no real job on the side. I am though trying to become a professional artist. I have already made some money drawing perverted boys’ dream-girls on paper, and I love doing that. It is however a freelance job, so I can adjust my scheduled drawing hours into more suitable time of the day. Normally, I should be able to attend all of those days. I am not often absent during raid times, and this should be the case for a long time.

Section II: Character
A) Armory link
My character’s World of Warcraft Armory page is the following:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Magicbjørn/simple

B) Race, Class, Spec
My class is Paladin, champion of The Light! My main specialization is Protection, at the moment. A tank I am, ready to defend against every kind of attack! I am a Dwarf by heart. Not a single day goes by that I am not groggy, but it gives me strength. Small and stout, sturdy as diamond, I am.

C) /Played time
Currently, it's at 198 days, 19 hours, 38 minutes and 20 seconds.

D) Please tell us about your character
It all started during the times of late The Burning Crusade, during the late stages of the Wrath of the Lich King pre-expansion event.
I played World of Warcraft on my friend's account. He let me make a new character. I made a Gnome Mage, and called it Magicbjorn. I've used that name ever since that moment.
After dinging to level 20-something, I bought my own set of World of Warcraft. I started out as a Dwarf Paladin on Quel'Thalas. I've been playing on that Paladin ever since that moment.
I chose a Paladin, not just because my friend played it, but also because I like a half magic, half melee type of character. I didn't realize back then that the damage specialization for Paladin was not ranged at all, but I stuck with it anyway. I like the fact that I could be all three of the roles if I wanted to. That's why I was farming gold in order to pay for re-specializations.
Back then, internet was run via the phone-line, so it was really expensive. My mother only let me play an hour a day. But even so, I leveled to 80 in about two months. I've gone through lots of trouble during the leveling, but thanks to my friend's help, I slowly understood more of the game in general, and about the Paladin class.
I remember sitting around a Simple Campfire in Westfall, just in front of the Deadmines building on the surface with all those Defias. My friend would put a marker on my head and ask me what it meant. He'd quiz me about things like enrage and berserk, different buffs and debuffs, and all that stuff.
After my friend quit WoW, I started looking up stuff by myself. I found a site that was regularly updated that was run by someone called Noxxix (or that is just the site's name, I don't know). I've looked up info about all my classes there when a new patch hit, to see if things like stat-stacking changed. I've used a site called AskMrRobot a few times to even out secondary stats, especially for my tank specialization, because I hadn't tanked seriously since late Wrath of the Lich King.

My Dwarf was a figurehead for the Dwarven race. With mining and blacksmithing, I was working late at night to finish off that piece of armor to increase my survivability. But, only recently, my brother, Sneakybjørn, took over the Mining part, together with Herblore, so now I've learned the art of inscription. Now, with these two skill-sets, I am able to inscribe powerful pieces of armored shoulders to give me more vitality. I am also able to socket extra gems in my wrist-plates and gloves.

As said before, my Dwarf is a little pack-in-a-punch, with a shield that's just as big as she is. But even so, she can stop powerful blows to protect her allies. Together with the power of the Light, and a strong will, it's an almost indestructible tank. And, with the blink of an eye, she can switch between sets of armor and specializations, to become a fierce warrior. With a sword infused with light she can slice through almost any creature, armored or not.
But, both of these roles have one common goal; to protect her allies and rid the world of evil!

Section III: WoW Experience (raiding and guilds)
I've combined the history of raiding and the guilds I've been in before, in order to make one story of it. Please don't be confused to see the guild part missing.

As I’ve said in the beginning, I’ve started to play at the end of The Burning Crusade. I’ve worked my way up to level 80 in my friends’ guild called “Divine Guardian”. Slowly though, they started to quit World of Warcraft and I was there to PuG raids and dungeons.
I’ve pugged Ulduar 10 hard-modes and completed the meta-achievement, until my eyes fell out of my head with all the nonsense people are all about when I tried to look for a group via different channels. I’ve also Pugged raids like Obsidian Sanctum, Vault or Archavon, Naxxramas, Eye of the Storm and the Trial of the Crusader.
The PuGging seemed to have ended, as I joined up with a group of raiders called “Freeborn” and raided Icecrown Citadel on a professional level. But, that did not last long, as the guild’s leader stopped World of Warcraft and nobody wanted to take over the leadership. I’ve only cleared normal mode Icecrown Citadel 25 up to the Lich King with this group.
I’ve spent the last months of Wrath of the Lich King in a guild called “Wipe It”, killing a lot of bosses on Heroic 10-man. Sadly though, no achievements were earned, as the last boss of every quarter were too difficult for the group I was in at that time.
I finished the last encounters of Icecrown Citadel and The Trial of the Crusader on 10 man Heroic and 25 man Heroic, but this was done after Cataclysm hit.

Logging in at the first day of Cataclysm, I noticed the guild tag disappeared. The guild had been abandoned as well, and I was left a lone wolf once again. I’ve spent my first week or two leeching of other people’s positions in mediocre leveled guilds, Pugging and trying to kill the first bosses of the expansion.
It went pretty well and I soon got accepted in the guild called “Hollandse Eigen” as a healer. I have been a healer ever since. I was the only Paladin healer, so getting gear was very easy, with the amazingly lucky drops we got. Most bosses got cleared on normal in this guild, and I was happy.
Though, the guild leader and me had a discussion, and the guild leader was out of arguments and maybe a little bit angry about that fact, so he kicked me, also warning fellow guild members they’d face the same fate, should they ever talk about it.

I then joined up with a group called “Grey Dawn”. I’ve spent the majority of Cataclysm in this guild, as we plowed through normal modes of Blackwing Descent, Throne of the 4 Winds and The Bastion of Twilight, followed by Heroic modes of those raids. Every boss, except the last boss of each of those raids (and the Twilight Council in Bastion of Twilight) got put down by our combined might.
We marched on to Firelands, clearing that on normal, followed by Heroic (excluding Ragnaros). We also went back to the first three raids, and killed those last bosses on Heroic. After this, the groups of Grey Dawn started falling apart. I spent a little while alone, and got my off-spec of DPS geared up.

I then got invited into another guild called “Einherjar”, because I’d done some pugs that I organized with some of their members, for farming all of the Raids and Dungeons achievements. I left Grey Dawn and spent the remainder of Cataclysm and my time in Mists of Pandaria up until now in Einherjar. I started this group with a test of worthiness as the only one of two healers in the group in Heroic Bastion of Twilight. I passed the test and got the title of “Trial”. I’ve spent the time to level the reputation with the guild, and eventually got promoted to “Raider”. At the same time, I’ve helped the group put down Firelands Heroic, including Ragnaros, normal Dragon Soul, and afterwards, Heroic Dragon Soul. We then spent a good 15 weeks farming the mount that dropped off Heroic Madness of Deathwing for all of our group members, and after that, selling a Dragon Soul Heroic run, and giving the mount to the buyer.
I’ve had an amazing time, until Mists of Pandaria came over. I’ve had 2 or 3 raids where I was invited, but the raid leader was not happy with my performance. It was not skill, but it was gear. We got a week to level and gear our characters, but I was not in a rush to get to 90. I wanted to enjoy leveling, as I had done all the previous expansions. But I only reached level 90 three days before the first raid. I leveled as damage dealer, so getting into groups via the Dungeon Finder was a pain. Coming on top of that, the drops I needed never really dropped. I created and bought as much gear as I could, but it was not enough. I spent 3 weeks doing only dailies, because of the misunderstanding, that I wasn’t allowed to come to the raids until the raid leader thought I was ready. But I had to get a hold of the raid leader, and not the other way around. But it was too late. The empty spot was permanently filled and I was left out. Sad, but true. I spoke with the guild leader about this, and he said he doesn’t have a spot in the raiding scheme for me. He also said he wouldn’t be surprised if I’d go look for a different guild, so, here I am!

One special thing I'd like to note here is my achievement of Herald of the Titans. I'd been gearing my Shaman for the achievement since late Wrath of the Lich King, and finally got the achievement after Cataclysm hit, in cooperation with a PuG.

Section IV: World of Logs
Here's a World of Logs log I just uploaded. I don't have any of the logs from my few Mogushan Vaults runs with Einherjar available, and the logs from Einherjar that I do have, are from Dragon Soul. So, I ran a PuG into Mogushan Vaults today, killing the first four bosses. But, I only enabled the logging for Garajal and the Spirit Kings.
Here it is:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/du47f6jzygpd4cp4/

The first fight is Garajal, which I tanked. The second fight is the Spirit Kings, which I DPS'd. The first one or two tries were a tryout, as the people I was with had never really seen this fight.

Section V: Interface
A) Please post or link a screenshot of your interface in combat
Here's one from an Icecrown Citadel raid. Sadly, I have none from during combat:
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww167/magicbjorn/World%20of%20Warcraft/PallyUI-1.jpg

Here's one from during the Cataclysm dungeons:
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww167/magicbjorn/World%20of%20Warcraft/WoW2010-12-2818-55-11-41.jpg

Here's one, during a Firelands run:
http://s716.photobucket.com/albums/ww167/magicbjorn/World%20of%20Warcraft/?action=view&current=Wow2012-04-1021-35-58-43.jpg

And finally, here's the most recent one from the Sha of Anger:
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww167/magicbjorn/World%20of%20Warcraft/WoW-642012-10-1719-11-08-81.jpg

B) Please detail your major raid add-ons and outline your key-bindings
In the last screenshot, some add-ons are visible. I’ll list most of my add-ons here below, for you to get an overview:
- Bartender: An add-on to customize your action bars and move them where you please
- Grid: An add-on that displays the members and composition of your raid group with lots of customizable options
- Skada: Damage and healing meter. A tool to measure consistency in my healing and damage, to see if I need improvement.
- Power Auras Classic: An add-on that can display visual effects or audio whenever a self-specified action is being triggered (cool-down ready, buff gained, etc.)

(Add-ons that are not visible):
- Clique: An add-on to bind abilities to certain key combinations. By default, when an ability is activated, its target is your mouse-over target. That's what makes it a nice add-on for my healing specialization, so I don't have to have 50 macros for mouse-over targeting.
- Simpleminimap: The title says it all.
- Tipsy: An add-Althoughon to enable to move the tooltip.
- Omen Threat Meter: Although overlooked a lot of times, an add-on that displays current threat and Threat Per Second on your current target. Nice for boss-fights with adds and lots of rampaging damage dealers.
- Death Note: Death analysis with an in-depth look at what killed you, at which time, what damage it did, which buffs you had, etc..

For key-bindings, I use the buttons Grave + 1 through 5. Sometimes even 6, but only for abilities I don't use often. I barely use the F-keys, but I've bound those to markers. If you want a quick target switch, give me assist, and I can mark the right enemy with the right marker in an instant!
I use a lot of shift+key bindings, and I use macros and the Clique add-on to use the alt modifier as well. I got 12 extra buttons on my mouse, which also have abilities bound to them via the Clique add-on.

C) Technical stuff. How's your PC and connection?
The times of phone-line internet are over, and we switched to a new internet provider about a year ago as well. I usually run at 15-30 MS, on a bandwidth of 1-2,5 MB/s. My FPS usually doesn't go below 30, but when there's lots of AOE, it might drop to 10 or lower (you need lots of AOE for that though)! If I know there's a lot of AOE going on though, I can lower my settings, and it's no problem anymore!

If you want some real technical specs, here they are:

- 6.0 GB DDR3 memory
- Intel Core I7-2630QM @ 2.00 GHz. 4 core, 8 logical threads.
- nVidia GeForce 550M video card 1024MB cache.

Section VI: Alts
A) Please provide Armory links for any seriously played alts
I currently have no other level 90 characters, but I'm working on it. I am currently working on getting my hunter, Jægerbjørn, to 90. After that, I am planning on working on my Shaman, Death Knight, Rogue and Druid in that order.

Hunter:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Jægerbjørn/simple

Shaman:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Totembjørn/simple

Death Knight:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Deadlybjørn/simple

Rogue:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Sneakybjørn/simple

Druid:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Junglebjørn/simple

Also, other alts that I have are:

Priest:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Heiligebjørn/simple

Warrior:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Furiousbjørn/simple

Section VI: Dragons and you!
A) Please tell us your availability
I am available, every day. With a very flexible "job" and school in the morning/afternoon, I have all evening and night to spend on raiding, if that's needed. There's occasions where I'm not able to play, including but not limited to, birthday parties, friday night happy hours with my scouting buddies, etc... But of course, I will let people know way beforehand of this.

B) Why do you want to join Dragons?
I am looking for a new guild, since the guild I am in doesn't need my help anymore, and prefers to take in a new recruit over me. I was going through my old applications, and saw my Dragons application in between. I thought I'd give it another try and see if they'd accept me now. I've evolved from that childish 16-year old that messed up on birthday dates to a 19 year old... "Adult". The quotes are there, because I can't really tell if I'm an adult in your eyes. I've certainly grown and learned a lot. I hope You'll see that as well.
I want to join Dragons, because I joined World of Warcraft to raid. I've been raiding quite all right during late Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm. Mists of Pandaria raiding hasn't been that great, but I'm hoping to change that. I'm hoping for great progression like we used to have. But the most important part of it al: I want to have some good fun again! To make new friends, to laugh and get shouted on by the raid leader. To go back to the good old raiding!

C) What do you believe you would bring to Dragons?
As said before; the great wall of China is nothing compared to the sturdiness of my little Dwarf. She might take a few big hits, but she will never fall. To protect her allies is what she strives for. I can bring you a healthy tank, who's very flexible. From kiting, to boss placement to survivability, I try to give it all I've got.
One look through the dungeon journal can prepare me for any fight! One wipe on a new boss makes me certain of what to do. No detail goes past me on progression. With help of tools and a great history of WoW raiding, I can find solutions to my own problems in a split second. I could even help out fellow members of the raid with their problems, should they need it.

- I am a team-player, but am also great solo, or in a small group.
- I am flexible. Anything you want me to do, I'll do it.
- I am fast. A problem occurs? No problem! Problem gone, in an instant!
- I am good at improvising. That one weird ability that nobody ever uses? It prevented a wipe (obviously, not in such a radical way, but you know what I'm driving at)

D) If applicable, please list any current members of Dragons you know and who would vouch for you
It has been a while since I've applied and I can't remember if I mentioned anyone there, but it's certainly been too long for me to remember anything from Quel'Thalas. I've been gone for almost 3 years now, I can't really be sure anymore.

But wait! There's more!
As a last thing, I want to thank you for reading and/or replying to the thread. Thanks for your time, and if there's anything that you want more explanation from, or if you want more details, or want to know something entirely different, like, what I had for lunch, don't hesitate to:

- Add me on Real-ID:
bjorn_gamefreak@live.nl

- Send me an e-mail, either on the forum, or via the above e-mail address.

Thanks for the effort!
Love and regards,

~Bjørn
A.k.a Mr. B.J. Cockgobbler

**EDIT**
P.S: I just used the search function on the website, and found the old application:

http://www.videogames-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5768&highlight=

I have to admit... That was a pathetic application :s

Like a cloud across the moon.

http://Magicalbjorn.DeviantART.com

Last edited by magicbjorn on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:04 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Hey, cheers for the application.

Unfortunately we don't have room in the roster to allow for another tank. We had to make a lot of special arrangements just to fit another protection paladin in recently. However, there is still a possibility of joining as a full time DPS. If you're still interested, do you mind logging out in your DPS gear?

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
magicbjorn

Post Reply with quote
Krisandra wrote:
Hey, cheers for the application.

Unfortunately we don't have room in the roster to allow for another tank. We had to make a lot of special arrangements just to fit another protection paladin in recently. However, there is still a possibility of joining as a full time DPS. If you're still interested, do you mind logging out in your DPS gear?

I can certainly do that. My DPS gear is a tad behind my Tank gear though. I think it's in the log as well, I'm able to peak above 70k's and steady at 40-50k, depending on the fight. I'll log my Paladin right now, and log out with his DPS gear.

Love and regards,

~Bjørn

**EDIT**
I've logged out in my DPS gear, you can check if it's updated now Smile

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for that. Just to get an idea of how much you know about your class, talk a bit about what your plans are for gearing and stats. Things such as, but not limited to, why did you pick the specific talents / abilities you've selected? What made you decide on reforging out of haste? What rotation or ability priority do you use? Are there any abilities you'd swap out for certain encounters? Just a little bit about the mechanics and workings of a paladin. Retribution spec ideally. Raiders are expected to be on the ball with their class to maximise their performance as Noxxic can only tell you so much before it gets very specific. Of course websites like AskMrRobot and Noxxic are always useful for finding caps but they should be seen as rough guidelines as opposed to gospel.

Also, if you're able to upload a log for a full Mogu'shan Vaults LFR Clear then that will help us greatly. The logs you uploaded above are fine, but only one of the bosses has retribution logs which is what we're after.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Koryz

Post Reply with quote
Nice to see someone take time to make an application. Good luck.

Believe those who are seeking the truth, doubt those who find it.
Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
magicbjorn

Post Reply with quote
I want to apologize for the delay, as I have been to a carnival to celebrate my granddad's 70th birthday.
Let me start with my resource sites.
I am not looking for a detailed explanation why a certain stat is better than the other. I think that's not really a good way to learn what you should stack. I use the sites to see what the basic priorities are. Of course, hit cap and expertise cap are already known to me, so that's not a problem. But things like the soft cap for haste for Survival Hunters for example, those are things I want to extract from those sites. The rest of the stats is something I figure out myself, most of the time.

I've actually got a lot of comments about the reforging out of haste from people in my guild and from people in the raids I do. They say that stacking haste is better since it reduces cool-downs on almost all of my abilities. But, by reforging out of haste, I can still use almost every GCD doing an attack. There's only maybe 3 times in a minute where I don't have an offensive ability to use on a GCD. That's the time when I use instant FoL's, due to the talent Selfless Healer. It heals for about 80k I believe, and after that GCD, I can continue with offensive abilities. I've tried stacking all haste, with enchants, gems and reforges, but I couldn't see a big improvement. I only went down in performance, due to cool-downs not being in synch with my GCDs. For example: I usually use Crusader Strike, before Judgement, if both are off cool-down (because Crusader Strike has a shorter cool-down. That means that the GCD from the Crusader Strike + the GCD from another ability means that Crusader Strike is almost ready again). And when I'd do this small priority-rotation, I'd notice my Crusader strike would have around 0,7 seconds left on its cool-down. That means I can either wait those 0,7 seconds and use Crusader Strike, or use another ability like Exorcism. In this case, it wouldn't matter much when looking at Holy Power generation, but, this would be a waste though, as Crusader Strike would be off cool-down for 0,3 seconds (not looking at latency and stuff). That means 0,3 seconds of wasted activity. By reforging out of haste, I'd make the cool-down longer on Crusader strike, so that it would connect with the streamline of GCDs, and at the same time, increase the damage of some of my abilities (since I reforge into Critical Strike and Mastery, with Mastery being the main secondary stat).

I've tried going for all Critical Strike, but that also failed. The GCD streamline would be fine, but my output damage was not as I expected. Critical Strike is nice, but with a lot of fights where you have to move, like Spirit Kings or Elegon, the time on the boss is shorter than Stone Guards. I'd reforge, re-gem and re-enchant to Critical Strike for fights like Stone Guards, because the overall output damage would be higher with Critical Strike stacking, than with Mastery stacking, just because of the fact that I'm all over the boss for almost all of the fight, which means the chances for critical hits would be higher than when I have to move from the boss every 10 odd seconds. So, that made my decision to go for Mastery.

I reforge, gem and enchant as much as I can into Mastery, as Mastery gives me a steady increase in damage. My Mastery does an x% extra Holy damage after I attack with certain attacks (It's now at 26,6%). Attacks like Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict and their AOE counterpart trigger this effect. Crusader Strike is my main attack, as it stacks Holy Power and has a short cool-down. Templar's Verdict is my main finisher. Both of this means I use those abilities a lot, which means the Mastery triggers a lot that way.

I've talked about a talent before, but I'll get into it here. I use Speed of Light, Burden of Guilt, Selfless Healer, Hand of Purity, Holy Avenger and Light's Hammer as my standard build.
I use Speed of Light, because I think I don't need a 70% uptime (or whatever the percentage is) on a run speed upgrade with Long Arm of the Law. It's only annoying. Once you get used to having the speed, and there's that moment where you finally have to move, the buff runs out and you maybe miscalculated your path because of that, and end up dying. This goes the same for Pursuit of Justice. Pursuit of Justice is even more irregular and very bad for damage output. You'd save up your Holy Power in order to get the run speed increase, but that way, you waste precious seconds of damaging the boss. This is why I chose Speed of Light. I used to heal in Firelands and off-heal in Dragon Soul, so I got used to having a panic button for when I'd need to run from something. The talent that gave me that speed saved me a lot. Think about Morchok HC. When he starts casting his black goo, I'd use Divine Protection, which gave me the speed, to get behind the rocks faster. Some people got hit by the black stuff, but I didn't. Of course, it didn't matter that much when we geared up more, but still.

I chose Burden of Guilt because it's nice to have a passive slowing ability. It really doesn't matter for most bosses, but when there's another boss where you'd kite adds and can't get hit by them, this is awesome. Fist of Justice and Repentance are really a waste, since you can't stun or CC most bosses and their adds. Simplest explanation of them all, really.

I chose Selfless Healer, not only to fill in some excess GCDs, but also to help on the healing a bit. It's not much, but I know how healing feels like. It's sometimes a warm welcome to see that extra healing when you are out of mana and are using a concentration potion. It hasn't really prevented any deaths yet, but I'm sure it has helped with preventing deaths though. Sacred Shield would be my second choice, but the amount it absorbs as Retribution is by far not enough to choose it over Selfless Healer. Eternal flame is a great talent if you'd need a HoT, but, it costs Holy Power, and as a DPS, I really can't miss those Holy Power finishers...

Up next, Hand of Purity. I used the talent Clemency for most of the time, but I really didn't ever use the double Hand of Freedom or Protection. The only fight I'd use that would be Stone Guards, when clearing the blue traps on the floor. I'd switch that talent out if I was to shut those traps, but otherwise, I'd go for Hand of Purity. In the next patch, Hand of Purity will also decrease direct damage by 10%, so it's a nice ability to use on a tank or someone else when they know they are taking somewhat big hits. The DoT reduction is really nice for fights like Feng the Accursed, when the tanks take DoT damage from the lightning, fire and arcane de-buffs they get.

I use Holy Avenger because It's nice to have an extra cool-down I can line up with certain buffs proccing. Buffs like my trinkets or weapon enchants increase Mastery or Critical Strike, and getting extra Templar's Verdict's in at those times is a big damage output upgrade. I'd use Power Auras Classic to get a track of the buffs and use cool-downs accordingly. Sanctified Wrath is also nice, but Holy Power generation would be so high, that I get to and over the cap really quick. That way, I waste Holy Power and essentially, waste damage. Divine Purpose would have been a nice talent, if it wasn't for the "Abilities that cost Holy Power..." part. I only use 1 finisher, and 20% on 1 ability every 4 or 5 seconds is not really a big upgrade to damage.

I chose Light's Hammer, because of the healing part. I can use it to damage the boss, and heal melee and tanks at the same time. Or I can throw it over there, to get some damage on the caster adds. Or I can use it on the group of ranged over there to give them heals. Or I can use it over there, to get some damage on the boss while I'm running from a shadow orb. The possibilities are almost endless with this ability. Execution Sentence does a bit more damage than Light's Hammer, but not only does the ability fade away after an add is killed (if there even are adds), it doesn't do any healing to allies, and doesn't do any splash damage. That's why I chose Light's Hammer. Off-healing and doing damage at the same time is awesome. I tried the same tactic with Holy Prism, but I'd have to find a spot in my priority to put that in, as the cool-down is only 20 seconds. I'd waste a GCD of a pure offensive attack to use that, which isn't worth it. I can get a Light's Hammer in (usually) right in between a Crusader Strike and a Judgement, so that's nice.

As for Glyphs, I use the following (major) Glyphs most often:
- Glyph of Templar's Verdict:
The damage reduction is very nice for fights like Feng, during the time I need to walk from the boss, to the middle to get under the Nullification barrier. The few hits I take from the earthquake are then reduced by 10%, which is nice!

- Glyph of Harsh Words:
While it seems very useless, it's a nice Glyph when I have a low uptime on the boss. I can be a ranged DPS for at least 20 or so seconds, if I leave Exorcism unglyphed. It's not optimal, but I can get some good damage in.

- Glyph of Divine Protection:
Depending on the fight, I might use this Glyph. If there's Physical damage that's unavoidable, I'd glyph it, otherwise I'd leave it unglyphed.

I never use Glyph of Immediate Truth or Glyph of Inquisition, because the overall damage would go down. The DoT on Seal of Truth is very nice, and is also nice with a lower uptime on the boss. That way I can do more damage on the boss while running away from shadow orbs, or whatever.
And Glyph of Inquisition reduces Holy damage by an x% amount, but increases duration, which means I can get extra Templar's Verdicts in, but, the amount of Templar's verdicts I can execute is not enough to make up for the overall damage increase from Inquisition.

Although I say this, if you want me to have a specific glyph for a boss, like Glyph of Flash of Light, in combination with the talent Selfless Healer, I would gladly switch to that.

I've explained a bit about my priority already, but I'll explain some more here.

I never use fixed rotations...
Never.

In my opinion, it's bad, as your improvisation would go down, because you're just mindlessly spamming the buttons you want. I use the first priority method. I'd make a list, something like this:
- Templar's Verdict (3-5 Holy Power)
- Hammer of Wrath (with Avenging Wrath enabled, or boss below 20% health)
- Crusader Strike
- Judgement
- Exorcism
- Flash of Light (3 stacks of Selfless Healer, and when no other abilities above are ready)

And use the ability that's highest in that list and available to use. Of course, even then you make mistakes, but making a priority list makes it so that mistakes can be backup up, so you have less time standing still doing nothing.

I think this wraps everything up that you requested to know. I hope I didn't miss out on anything now, and if so, please do tell me.

On a sidenote: I've just acquired new legs and gloves and enchanted, gemmed them, and then reforged my gear to get my hit and exp cap on the right levels. I am also one card away from the Tiger's deck, which should give me a nice trinket in the next month, when the Darkmoon Faire is in town again!

On another sidenote: I made a new log, from a full Mogushan Vaults LFR run. It had to be LFR, since I am already locked to Mogushan Vaults, and running puggs into Heart of Fear and the Terrace is something I'm not comfortable doing yet. Also, I wanted to reply as quickly as I could, to keep you from waiting. Here is the log:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v8218lu65kjs5mgt/

I hope this log will be good for your needs, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Love and regards,

~Bjørn

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Hey. Sorry it's taken a while. We've agreed to offer you a trial. However, you'll need to gear up as much as possible outside of raids as well as take on board advice from our other Paladins whom are both wise and very experienced.

/w an Officer in game for an invite

Last edited by Krisandra on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Arya

Post Reply with quote
Telperion the wise.
/nod.

[19:28:33] [W From] [90:Gnolp]: Internet is nature's way of saying kitten ass fuckshit cock ass balls bunnycunt.
Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
magicbjorn

Post Reply with quote
The delay is quite all right. There's guilds that take over 2 weeks to reply to an application, only to say nothing more than "You are declined". I've put a character transfer in progress and should be done within the hour.
I have been trying to upgrade my gear over the past weeks, doing LFR and getting together a Darkmoon Deck for the trinket, so that should be a big help. I thank you for your time and I'll try not to let you down. See you soon Smile

P.S: I don't really know many people inside the guild, but I'll try and get an audience with the other Paladins and hear what they have to say Smile

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:23 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Arya

Post Reply with quote
Youve been putting some effort into the application and your replies, its only appropriate that its getting treated with a certain amount of respect. Which implies not letting you wait TOO long^^

Grats on your trial and welcome to Dragons Smile

[19:28:33] [W From] [90:Gnolp]: Internet is nature's way of saying kitten ass fuckshit cock ass balls bunnycunt.
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:38 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: