ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Abbendis - Holy Paladin

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Abbendis - Holy Paladin
Abbendis

Post Abbendis - Holy Paladin Reply with quote
1. Personal
Hello, i am a 19 years old guy from Sweden.

2. Character

i) Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Abbendis/simple
ii) Race, Class, Spec: Human Paladin Holy
iii) /Played time: 79 days and 17 hours. 90 days and 13 hours on my old main.
iv) Please tell us about your character. We want to see that you know your chosen class through and through.:

I started playing paladin during early WOTLK when my guild needed a healer and since i loved the class with it's great support capabilities and interesting mechanics i decided to turn it into my main.

My current spell priority would be to always keep sacred shield + beacon of light up and use holy light if the incoming damage is sustained but not very high and use holy shock as much as possible for a cheap heal that gives a holy power charge. For high single target damage i would use divine light and holy shock.
For raidhealing i would use holy radiance, holy prism and light of dawn.

I try to be extra careful with my mana this early in the expansion and the word of glory is a good "free" heal to use after obtaining some holy power and light of dawn if raidhealing is needed. I try to stay away from flash of light for now unless a quick heal is needed and holy shock is on cooldown.

I use hand of salvation on the DPS with highest threat and hand of protection if a melee mob starts hitting a DPS or another healer.
As i mentioned earlier i like the support aspects of the paladin and i feel that we can bring great single target healing, good defensive support and now some good raidhealing (compared to TBC and WOTLK).

Depending on how my spec and gear works out in a 25 man raid i might swap around haste, mastery and spirit to make sure i am able to heal well without going out of mana.

My current gear is not up to raid standard yet but when i have obtained some of the rep items i will gem/enchant it with mainly Int, Spirit, Haste and Mastery. My professions are enchanting and blacksmithing. I chose those since enchanting is very useful and blacksmithing gets the belt/bracer socket slots.
I am open to suggestions on how i can improve my character and i will do my best to improve when possible.

3. WoW Experience
I started playing WoW during early TBC as an arms warrior on the server Anachronos.
I spent my time doing BGs and raiding Kara as a DPS/Offtank. I stopped playing for awhile around the Sunwell patch and came back a month or so before WOTLK.

Parts of the guild i played with had split up and it was later reformed with some old members coming back. I did Obsidian Sanctum and Naxx on my warrior before people stopped coming and that was when i rerolled a healer. However when i hit lvl.80 on my paladin the guild was in a very bad shape and alot of the old core members left.

Since the guild was pretty much dead and some of my friends on the server had stopped playing i decided to transfer to Quel'thalas since an IRL friend played here.

After playing on Quel'Thalas for some time i joined Alacrity and that time is probably the greatest i have had in WoW. We did 25 man raids on the weeks and unofficial 10 man raids on the weekends. We did a lot of the Ulduar achievements and made some progress in both the Crusaders Coliseum and Icecrown Citadel but with Cata coming closer we started to have a hard time getting people to attend and eventualy the raids stopped.
I took a break from the game again and came back right before Cata, i leveled to 85 and felt that i did not enjoy the game anymore and decided to quit for good... Yet here i am! Smile

A lot of time went by and after doing a bit of raiding in SWTOR and playing some GW2 i began to miss WoW and i used a 7 day "trial" that Blizzard sent out to inactive accounts. I logged in and talked to my old classleader Kardak about the state of the game etc. and It turns out that Alacrity is pretty much dead.
On the MoP release night i resubbed and now i am looking for a new home

4. World of Logs
I am unable to do so at the moment since LFR is unavailable.

5. Interface

i) http://i.imgur.com/DTqVG.jpg
ii) Please detail your major raid addons and outline your keybindings:
Deadly boss mod, OmniCC, oRA3, PallyPower, Scrolling combat text, Recount and i am currently looking for a good and updated threat meter.
My keybinds can be seen in the screenshot above.
iii) Technical stuff. How's your PC and connection?

6GB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2

It runs WoW pretty well and my connection is stable.

6. Previous/Current guilds
See WoW Experience

7. Alts
I don't really play alts, i have some that i used for crafting and banking but nothing else.

8. Dragons and You!
i) I can raid at the specified time.
ii) Why do you want to join Dragons?
I am looking for a new home in a progression guild and Dragons looks like a great guild with a strong core.
iii) What do you believe you would bring to Dragons?
I believe i have the right mindset needed and even if i am far from the best healer, i always want to improve and help the guild advance.
iv) If applicable, please list any current members of Dragons you know and who would vouch for you
My old guildmate from Alacrity, Skoddraei.

If there are any other questions then feel free to ask me! Smile
// Abbendis
Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
I believe I killed you for a quest in Northrend, decapitation and all. Not to mention that time in Eastern Plaguelands too.

Thanks for your application. We'll review it and we'll get back to you very shortly.
Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:08 am View user's profile Send private message
Abbendis

Post Reply with quote
Krisandra wrote:
I believe I killed you for a quest in Northrend, decapitation and all. Not to mention that time in Eastern Plaguelands too.

Thanks for your application. We'll review it and we'll get back to you very shortly.

Hehe yeah, Blizzard really enjoys killing off Scarlet Crusade members.

By the way, the armory page might show me in ret gear since i use that for daily quests but as i said earlier my holy gear is not up to raiding standards yet anyways.

I will continue to do dailies and heroics so it should not take long to get it. Smile
Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
Hey, thanks for your apply.

We can offer you a trial spot; However, would require from you to make an effort to gear up to raid standards as quickly as possible.

/w an officer ingame for an invite.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: