Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Wèdel Blood DK

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Wèdel Blood DK
Wedel

Post Wèdel Blood DK Reply with quote
Personal: My real name is Alexander Wedel, coming from Denmark, I'm 18 years old and go to what some of you call College, (It's called something else in Denmark)
English is not my native language, so bear with my non-perfect english. Wink

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/W%c3%a8del/simple

My current played time on my DK is 60 days 4 houes, and a total /played time on 300days accountwide.

Playing Night elf Death knight, (due to the racial "quickness")
Some might say my gearing and gemming is a bit... special, as I'm on 36.69 mastery. But i don't believe in pure stam stacking (at least not as a DK)
I've tried the way of stam stacking, but I've found mastery much for effective for blood tanking.
The whole idea of a blood DK is blood shields, hence why I'm stacking mastery 100%

My spec and glyphs:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jcGr0srruszG0ob:R0o0Rk
I've chosen lichborne incase i would need instant healing (by using death coil on myself)
and Endless winter for solid interrupting.
The rest is pretty much just required blood talents.

Rotation:
The pull: What i'm doing here is to add the 2 DK debuffs on the boss > use 2x death strike > 1 or 2 heart strikes to get 60 runic power > rune blade > Vampiric blood> 2x death strikes > empower rune weapon > 2x death strikes
My idea of this rotation is to get a big blood shield up and running so i wont take any melee hits the first 20-30secs of the fight (unless the boss hits like a truck), to give healers a bit relaxed start on the fight.
When the boss is pulled and I've done my starting rotation then I'm using a prioity list (due to runic empowerment then i can't have a rotation as a DK)
-Apply the 10% less melee dmg and 20% less melee haste debuffs on the boss
-death strikes
-rune strike (for runic empowerment = more deathstrikez)
-bone shield
-heart strike when there's absolutely nothing else to use
I'm using Anti-Magic shield whenever it's needed (hour of twilights, yor'sahj, soaking crystals on morchok ect.)
Vampiric blood will be used if i can see i can fire at least 2 death strikes off within few seconds
Chose Alchemy for the bonus stats while using flasks (and cauldrons), and blacksmith for the 2 extra sockets.

Experience:
My experience isn't really the best overall, as i started playing in the end of the ulduar patch.
I began to raid very quickly though, had 11/12 ICC 10 norm pre-nerf and got 11/12 HC later on (+ a LK kill on norm)
cataclysm: T11: 12/12N 1/12H pre-nerf
T12: 7/7N 6/7H
T13 8/8N 6/8H

raiding with the persons in the guilds i have been in, in cataclysm have definitely helped me to become the raider i am today (Especially thanks to Theioden who has been raiding with me for years now)

WoL:
I've recently been doing FL HC with couple of members from Dragons, and got a record on Majordomo Staghelm, what is shows is a very good view on how my dps is as a blood tank normally

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gu0ma6ulk0cba1ap/sum/damageDone/?s=8065&e=8425#W%C3%A8del

Interface:

http://postimage.org/image/4ig4regqb/

To be honest I haven't really done anything about my UI, as i like it the way blizzard made it, i got no special keybinds at all, only got the basic ones (1.2.3 and so on, and on e, q, x, z, f and g) and I'm perfecly fine with the amount of keybinds I have.
I'm using DBM (always updated) Recount, TidyPlates, sexy map (not relevant for raiding) I usually disable Atlasloot while raiding, as it likes to bug the original blizzard UI (Which is a bit annoying if i need to BR and can't target the one i want to BR)

My PC is OK (6GB ram, ok graphic card) 60mb connection

I have been in several raiding guilds. The first one was back in Wrath of the lich King, named Strenght in numbers (did 11/12 ICC norm with them) simply left it because it got inactive
Joined "The cleansing Flame" in the end of Wotlk. Did some decent raiding with them in T11, left because there were problems with the CO GM and the GM. So the raiders left(including me) and formed a new guild named Deja vú, we did 2/7 Fl norm, we got inactive, so the remaining raiders was offered a spot in a guild named "exiled champions" where we then did 7/7 FL norm and 6/7FL HC. 8/8 DS and 6/8 DS
And I'm leaving this guild because it's getting too inactive, we barely manage to get a proper 10 man team together once a week.

decent alts:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Wedelnib/simple
Prot warr

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/M%C3%A9gusta/simple
Hunter

These are my two main alts, my warr have 5/8 HC
and hunter got 3/8 HC

Dragons and you!
I'm available pretty much every day and time
Attendance is close to 100%
Why i want to join dragons: Dragons is a guild filled with mature persons, fun yet serious raiding members (I've been raiding with a lot of members from dragons) and because it's a good progressing guild. got a few friends and people i speak with in dragons as well.
I believe i can bring a good and solid tank to the team(s) with a good sense of humor, and raiding like a serious raider (I can provide couldrons if needed)

I know a lot of members in dragons, but not good enough to be sure if they would vouch for me, I'm pretty sure theioden would, as I've been playing with him pretty much my entire WoW time.
And even though he may not want to admit it, then he knows i'm a good tank ^^'

I've heard that Dragons may not even need tanks, if that's the case please tell me, as i can provide you with pretty good dps as well (401Ilvl equiped), if that's the case, then I'll do a WoL on ultra (Not got any dps WoL yet), a link to the armory, spec/glyphs rotation, gemming,echants. and whatever you find required.

- Wedel

<( "<) <( " )> (>")> <( " )> <( "<) <( " )> (>")> <( " )> <( "<) <( " )> (>")> <( " )><( "<)

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wedel

Post Reply with quote
Totally forgot you get this buff on domo HC, so made a quick log on ultra LFR instead

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0lvqeetvzjoabc7b/sum/damageDone/?s=2932&e=3163

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:14 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Krisandra
Officer

Post Re: Wèdel Blood DK Reply with quote
Wedel wrote:
I've heard that Dragons may not even need tanks, if that's the case please tell me, as i can provide you with pretty good dps as well (401Ilvl equiped), if that's the case, then I'll do a WoL on ultra (Not got any dps WoL yet), a link to the armory, spec/glyphs rotation, gemming,echants. and whatever you find required.

Morning.

As it stands at the moment, with the 2 groups of 10 we run with, we do need mainspec tanks for them. Currently, I'm tanking one on my deathknight "alt" (Sacrolash) with Theioden and the other group has Thazzy and Yraél with Badmrfrosty at times. Being I'm not in that group, I'm unsure of who does what exactly. Come MoP and we go back to 25 man, it's my understanding that we'll have Theioden, Thazzy and Badmrfrosty(?) as mainspec tanks. However, there may be times where swapping or being a stand-in could prove useful and it is always nice to have someone who actually has a decently geared tank spec and is willing to use it in the absense of the mainspec tanks. *Hint hint us lot*.

In relation to that, you may be required to consider going dps for MoP as a mainspec while keeping tank as the off spec. And there may be fights where different classes are better at tanking than others. This will be decided closer to the date, but bear that in mind first : p

In regards to the rotation, what real benefits does using Vampiric Blood, Empower etc at the start for a bigger initial bloodshield give? Bar the reduced healing required which would come naturally with any cooldown usage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not critising. I'm genuinely curious about that.

Also, what made you decide on speccing into Endless Winter for this tier? Given that it doesn't really have value for any of the encounters as interupts aren't needed at all, exception being Hagara trash. Firelands, it has its uses here and there I guess, but that's last tier.

Except for the note about talents and rotation as said above which stood out for me, the rest of the application looks solid. Hope those questions can be answered and goodluck with the app : )

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend

Last edited by Krisandra on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:20 am View user's profile Send private message
Kharienn
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Nice application, looking forward to seeing the responses to Kris' questions.

I know very little about Blood DKs, so just a couple of more general things you might want to consider:

UI - I know you say you like the standard Blizzard UI and it is fine for a lot of things, but what it does do is place important information in hard to see areas of the screen. At the moment, your health and resources and the target's health are way out of eye-line up in the top left, and your buffs and debuffs are up at the top right. The boss and anything happening is of course in the middle. This means that you need to keep switching visual focus in order to keep track of vital data. I'd suggest finding an addon that brings both into the centre or bottom of your view - personally I became much more aware of my surroundings when I did that, as my vision didn't keep flitting to different areas of the screen.

Quote:

In relation to that, you may be required to consider going dps for MoP as a mainspec while keeping tank as the off spec. And there may be fights where different classes are better at tanking than others. This will be decided closer to the date, but bear that in mind first

Kris mentioned this already, but whilst we're short on tanks at the moment, we may not be for MoP. How would you feel about dpsing? Important question because you've applied as a tank and I presume want to raid as such and the guild may not require you to do it all the time.
Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 am View user's profile Send private message
SkodLife

Post Reply with quote
That name sounds so incredibly familiar...

Didn't you have a male Draenei Priest named "Wèdel" or something around WLK, 3.1?

Making my signature bigger than my posts whenever I can.
Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:10 am View user's profile Send private message
Wedel

Post Reply with quote
Hello all.

About the CDs: I haven't really been in need of my CDs in this current tier (Always using Vamp blood off CD If i know I'm able to do couple death strikes, and ams when it's most fitting!
So I may as well just use them in the beginning of the fight to make the big shield. Doing your blood shield right means you wont really need your CDs as a DK (Unless it's heavy magic dmg), and as you might have noticed I'm only using CDs that benefits blood shield stacking, so i still got the important CD (50% one) left to be used at a better time. However i Will probably use CDs in another way when / If I get to raid spine/madness HC. The only fight where i otherwise save my CDs is blackhorn HC P2, he likes to 2 shot DKs Neutral
And about endless winter, it seems like I still live in T11, with Maloriak, nef and halfus needing solid interrupting, I don't really know why I have it talented now, i see your point Razz I'll change it next time I'm logging on.

And yes, my UI is silly and simple I know:P As far as i know it haven't ever been a problem for me that way. But I'll change it if it's a problem, otherwise I would like to keep it that way.
(Unless you got a baddy addon that I might like?Razz)

I would gladly go dps for raids and be a back-up tank for raids in Cata and MoP, DPS used to be my MS before i were forced to tank raids in the beginning of FL tier, so I'm pretty familiar with the spec(s) (frost/UH) I'll do a log on ultra today (in a new reply note) with an armory link, spec, "priority list" (still can't have a real rotation on a DK)

And skod, I had a NE rogue named wedel and a paladin named wèdél in the end of ulduar Razz

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Hi there Wedel,

thank you for your application and the answers you've given to questions asked so far.

Kharienn's advice is quite valuable, so you might want to follow that up, but at
the same time you've made a good impression on me when raiding with us in various pugs so far,
so you got my vote at the very least.

Please keep an eye open for for further questions, while we discuss your application among the Officer Staff.

Regards,

Cala

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Wedel

Post Reply with quote
Alright, here's a WoL as promised. It's not over ultraxion because i weren't very lucky with the tanks, so I kept dying by aggro. It's from warmaster (RF)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yrpgovo9hb0r503d/sum/damageDone/?s=1675&e=2005

Armory link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/W%C3%A8del/simple

spec, talents and glyphs:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#j0hZGI0MfuRzfzch:maM0mZ0M

my priority list: ("rotation")
- the 2 DoTs
- Obliterate (if possible, then I'll use obliterate on a Killing machine proc instead of a frost strike, even if I would have to wait 1-2 seconds on obliterate)
- rime procs (Howling blasts)
- frost strike (if all my runes are on CD, or nearly RP capped, if nearly RP capped is the case, then it gets higher priority than Rime proc)

CDs:
Pillar of frost is used OFF CD (ALWAYS using my ghould right after I've activated pillar of frost)
empower rune weapon is always used while pillar is active (and I have no runes off CD, preferably when the boss is on under 35% HP for the merciless combat talent(12% more dmg)

Stat priority:
strenght > hit to soft cap > expertise to soft cap > haste > mastery > crit

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Theioden

Post Reply with quote
One of the very few people on this realm I would vouch for, he has been with me through my previous 3 guilds and has never let me down.

I have known Wedel for a number of years now and he has been a great friend. Very good guy to have a laugh with and a great player. Especially thankful to him for sticking with me even during the points where raiding has sucked even though so many others found it easier to slack themselves.

If it was up to me he would be in already, couldn't recommend more highly.

Good luck bud,

Theio.
Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Accepted for trial,

/w any officer for an invite.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Daikyu

Post Reply with quote
Welcome m8! Wink

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: