Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Very weird graphical error

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions View previous topic
View next topic
Very weird graphical error
Kharienn
Officer

Post Very weird graphical error Reply with quote
So logged in yesterday and had a bizarre graphics card failure.

Instead of Icrecrown, where I was, I had a pixellated mess with random slashes across the screen in a rainbow of colours. This flickered a bit, my ui never appeared and I had to alt+f4 out.

I then had a Windows message that said 'Display Driver has stopped responding and recovered'. Only had this problem with WoW, other games were fine.

Now this appears to be a Driver issue for most people - I reinstalled mine and still had the same problem. There is also a great page here: Fixing the Nvlddmkm Error

However, my solution was easier than all of those.

On the WoW launch splash screen, simply select Options and then Reset All Settings. Seems to be working fine now I've changed it back to my preferred settings. Other people also suggest that DX9 is more stable than DX11.
Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:14 am View user's profile Send private message
darealshammy
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Just installed my new gtx560 and after updating the drivers/installing the ASUS apps when running WoW in dx9 in ran like a dog, switched to dx11 and run sweet as again. Hopefully I don't have to switch back to dx9

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:59 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: