View next topic
Mass - Mage
Mass

Post Mass - Mage Reply with quote
Greetings.

Name: Mass.

Class: Mage.

Spec: Fire MS - Arcane OS.

Previous/Current guilds: Previous guilds; Awaken, Beyond Divine, Solution. [Current guild; For Queen and Cookies.]

WoW Experience: Joined during Cataclysm and dinged in December, so not much. I've progressed through 1/8 DS HC and 2/8 DS HC on my main.

Equipment: T13, ilvl 397. Here's an armory link; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Mass/advanced

Reason: Desire to complete all raids, old and new, and have been unable to due to irresponsible guild members. Looking for a guild that can offer me the opportunity to do so, and in return, provide solid and consistent gameplay.

Contacts in guild: None, my char(s) are horde-based.

Casual/Hardcore: Now that exams are over, edging more toward hardcore.

Played: Not long I'm afraid; 23 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes and 20 seconds. 21 seconds. 22 seconds...
However, I'm a very fast learner and am willing to take advice when given.

Regards,

Mass.
Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Thazzy

Post Reply with quote
Hello Mass..
Looks like you have changed some guilds in the past knows you from Awaken, there was no explanation why you leaved or would you just have some more progress on hc? Just wanted to enssure that if you joined, that you didnt leave after getting loot etc Smile

Last edited by Thazzy on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Just a small nitpick, you could probably swap the Dragons Breath glyph for that of the Blast Wave glyph. The additional slow time is much more viable for current content as Dragons Breath doesn't have any effect for current content encounters.

Also, reforges. You've reforged out of crit, for example, instead of reforging out the mastery in place for hit. Might I suggest the following reforges?

Hood: No reforge
Neck: Haste > Crit
Shoulders: No reforge
Cloak: Haste > Crit
Chest: Haste > Crit
Bracers: Haste > Crit
Gloves: Mastery > Crit
Belt: Haste > Hit
Legs: Mastery > Crit
Boots: Haste > Hit
Ring of the Riven: Haste > Crit
Seal of the Grand Architect: Haste > Crit
Staff: Haste > Crit
Wand: Hit > Crit

This should give you just over enough haste for the 2nd additional tick of Combustion as well as giving you more crit than your current setup. It should also give 1747 hit, which is about 17.05%. You can also reforge the Mastery off the wand into Crit instead of reforging out the Hit, but that means you'll have 1785 hit rating, with about 4 more points of crit rating. You'll also have much less mastery. Of course your current gear setup isn't the most ideal for fire mage. Most mages opt for the morchok shoulders as the off-set gearpiece with the rest being tier, or go for the tier shoulders with the Gloves of Liquid Smoke as the off-set piece.

Other than that, goodluck with your app.

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mass

Post Reply with quote
Hi, thanks for looking at my app.

Thazzy: My druid is now in Awaken and is part of their raid team. I felt my mage was kinda useless there so I left in search of a guild that needs one.

My first guild, Solution, was a social/levelling guild and did not have a raiding team. When I joined Beyond Divine, they had just started their DS progression (normal) to which I assisted in helping them clear. I had asked them if they could be a bit more patient with me since my exam period was about to start but I'm not exactly sure what happened and found myself quickly replaced by another member.

Krisandra: I have taken your invaluable advice for which I'm extremely grateful for, thank you. The glyph is a bit overpriced on the AH atm, so I will endeavour to obtain it when I can. As for the gear, I have both the gloves and the shoulders but I don't have the T13 head piece.

Regards,

Mass.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Orixa

Post Reply with quote
Hi Mass,

I thought I'd be nosey and have a look at your app (despite not being a current raider!)

Krisandra has picked up quite a few very obvious points which would indicate you don't really know your class/spec well yet. It does take time to learn a class/spec, even if you have played extensively on other classes. I guess seeing your performance will be more of a test than looking at your gear on the armoury, but it doesn't particularly impress on first looks!

Quote:
I have taken your invaluable advice

Redressing Krisandra's points, you've still not dealt with these two issues:

Wrist: Currently reforging crit ==> haste. Should be mastery ==> crit
Shoulders: Currently un-reforged. Should be mastery ==> haste

I'd be really interested to see any World Of Logs reports you can link to demonstrate how you play. If you could get some, even if they're just from a LFR raid, that would be very enlightening Smile (type /combatlog to record a log then upload to WoL website)

Good luck with your app!

/pewpew
Orixa
Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
The shoulders reforge might be a fault on my part. I swear they were Crit and Haste, not Mastery and Crit. Yeah, Mastery to Haste on that one. As for the bracers, it's situational as to where you would draw the line in regards to stats. As long as you have 1505 haste, any additional isn't really necessary. A friend of mine is currently stacking crit with the secondary as mastery, for example. It's more to do with DoTs doing more damage for combustion. As long as you have the required haste for the additional combustion tick, it can go either way in regards to what stat you want to focus on. That also fits in neatly with the point about the shoulders. Reforging out of mastery into haste isn't all that necessary provided you have the additional tick on combust.

Reforging for 17% Hit > Crit > 1505 Haste and reforging mastery out where possible is what most do, and it's the safer option for fire mage. It increases the amount of DoT ticks etc. However, with this tier, some are reforging 17% Hit > Crit > 1505 Haste > Mastery, meaning that as long as you have 1505 or above haste, you can reforge crit with mastery as the 2nd stat (after hit). This usually means reforging heavily out of haste into either crit or mastery, depending on the items 2nd stat. It then becomes a case of "I don't always crit. But when I do, the DoTs do more damage for a larger Combustion."

Both stat preferences work, of course. It's all RNG in the end, the latter relies more on crits for it to work though. But it still works none the less.

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend

Last edited by Krisandra on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
Mass wrote:
My druid is now in Awaken and is part of their raid team. I felt my mage was kinda useless there so I left in search of a guild that needs one.

I hope u realize that when u get accepted for trial here, and we have content to progress on, it's pretty much impossible to have 2 chars raiding on, but im not sure it u meant that.

Quote:
Casual/Hardcore: Now that exams are over, edging more toward hardcore.

Ofcourse we understand exams take prio over playing a game etc, but we are looking for pretty stable players, and not someone who has vacation for a month and plays active, and then fall back into more casual.

Again not sure if that's the case ofc, just wanted to make sure u know that; If u think u can make the hours to progress etc, then ur welcome to /w an officer for a trial.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: