Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Ecnar - Fire Mage

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Ecnar - Fire Mage
Ecnar

Post Ecnar - Fire Mage Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm Ecnar and I'm pretty new to this Realm and looking for a nice Guild to have some fun and get to know new people. I found your guild on Wowprogress.com, and the Raiding hours and progression looked interesting. Here's my application!

Name:
Ecnar.

Class:
Mage.

Spec:
Fire / Arcane.

Previous Guilds:
My Rogue used to be my main, his name is Vallion and he is on the Realm Bloodscalp for if you want to confirm achievements and such.

Evil Eye, Bloodscalp, Semi Hardcore. My First real raiding experience was with Evil Eye on the Realm Bloodscalp. I’ve played with them from just after Ulduar was released until mid ToTC. I left them to join a more serious guild on Laughing Skull, called Randoms.

Randoms, Laughing Skull, Hardcore. I had a lot of fun in Randoms, the Raids were pretty insane and everyone was pushing crazy numbers. I really enjoyed the atmosphere there, but unfortunately I couldn’t stay longer than 7 weeks. Combination of exams at school and a difficult family situation at home were the reason for me to quit playing the game. Randoms was ranked World #60 during the time.

Renegade Legion, Bloodscalp, Casual. After a couple of months I had some time to play again. By then Randoms was slowly disbanding so I transferred back to Bloodscalp to play with some friends. I joined Renegade Legion as they were close to unlocking Heroic modes in ICC. After a while, I offered rerolling to my Priest to play as Discipline since we had a lot of issues getting enough healers together to even form a viable Raid. I played the Priest, now called Zuluhed (Omg lame name, totally aware!) until the end of ICC, we never managed to down Lich King 25 Heroic. We did down him on 10 man Heroic. I left Renegade Legion due to a lot of drama with the Guild Leader and a few Officers. I can tell you more about this, but I would prefer not to lay it all down on your web page.

Despair, Kazzak, Semi Harcore. I joined Kazzak on my Warrior, Valec, as Protection. I went to Despair with 2 good in-game friends I knew from Renegade Legion. I left Despair because the Raiding times were at that time in conflict with my job. I often had to do evening shifts, and that was a huge issue considering my role in the Raid. Basically, an inactive tank is a worthless tank. I explained my situation as soon as I knew it was going to change. I was only able to give them about a 1 week heads-up before I had to say goodbye. Obviously passed on loot and passed my spot on to someone else if I wasn’t needed that night.

I’m currently in Infinity on Quel’Thalas. I’m just playing some PvP with a Real Life friend.

WoW Experience:
Rogue:
Ulduar 10 and 25: 14/14 Including all Hard Modes with One Light in the Darkness on Yogg.
TotC 10 and 25: A Tribute to Insanity.
ICC 10: 11/12 Heroic.
ICC 25: 11/12 Heroic.

Priest:
ICC 10: 12/12 Heroic
ICC 25: 11/12 Heroic.

I have also done a couple of Cata’s Raid Bosses on the Priest.

Warrior:
Bastion of Twilight: 4/4 Normal.
Blackwing Descent: 5/6 Normal. Missing Nefarian. Killed Chimaeron on Heroic and got decent experience on Maloriak and Atramedes Heroic.

Equipment:
And now for the bad news, it’s really really bad. I am decked out in full PvP gear.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Ecnar/simple

Reason:
I only dinged level 85 a few weeks ago. And I have only been playing PvP since then. I know that applying in PvP gear is a huge disadvantage and probably makes me look pretty bad. But bad gear is easily replaced with better gear. Skill and experience are a lot more difficult to obtain than a few pieces of Purple.

I do love theoriecrafting and min/maxing my gear. I always make sure that I use the best enchants and gems available.

Contacts in guild:
I’ve only been active on this Realm for a few weeks. I don’t know anybody inside the Guild. But I am a social person, I’m pretty vocal and enjoy talking with people. If accepted you’ll all get to know me pretty quick.

Casual/Hardcore:
I’m currently unemployed, so I can be as hardcore as possible. Though I am looking for a new job of course. I’ve been looking at your Raiding hours and they’d be perfect for pretty much any job I can think of. As long as there’s no evening shifts involved hehe.

Played: /played:
Mage: 7 days.
Priest: 32 days.
Rogue: 94 days.
Warrior: 97 days.

Additional Information

Raid Leader:
In Renegade Legion I’ve been Raid Leading our 25man Raids together with another Raider. I also organized 10 man Achievement Runs for Mounts and random other achievements people wanted to try out. This has helped me to become a lot more aware of my surroundings, I constantly had to pay attention to what other people were doing in order to spot errors and help people improve their play. I’ve written a few addon guides for Pitbull 4, Raidwatch 2 and other addons our Raiders wanted to use but had trouble setting up. I’m not saying this because I want to lead you Raids or something, that’d be kinda weird. I just feel like I have to show you some of my experience, because my gear is definitely not going to get me a trial.

Addons:
I’ll list a few addons that help me improve my performance in Raids or are very useful pre/post-fight;

*Bartender4. Organized and clean interface helps a lot to spot incoming threats and avoid them.

*Classtimer. Timers for my debuffs and damage over time effects. Also timers for my own buffs. Helps me make sure nothing expires/isn’t refreshed in time.

*ForteXorcist. Cooldown bar, notification when something is off cooldown.

*Grid. Not as useful for a DPS, but I like having an overview of death/alive. Always keep it up to date with it’s configuration. I can Decurse when people get Curses on them. I can call out on Ventrilo if somebody isn’t getting their Dispel in time.

*Omen. Yeah right, as if threat will be an issue with my PvP Gear… Might have to keep an eye on it later though.

*MSBT. Very useful addon! Not only for a cleaner interface with incoming and outgoing damage, but you can also configure it so that you hear a specific sound whenever you get a debuff. Very useful for a LOT of encounters!

*PhoenixStyle. Used this a lot when Raid Leading, it tells you who does something wrong, or not in time. Like on the Lich King, it showed me the slowest top5 people on switching to the Val’kyrs. If it were the same people over and over again, they had to step it up.

*Pitbull4. Clean and informative unit frames.

*Raidbuffstatus. A small addon checking if everyone has buffed, got their Well Fed, Flask on, etc.

*Raidwatch 2. My all-time favorite bossmod! The timers look amazing, everything is very configurable and you can select sounds to be played for pretty much everything that a Raid Boss can throw at you. In my experience, reaction to a certain sound is so much faster than reading something off your screen. This addon alone can seriously make a difference!

*Recount. No, not for annoying the raid chat by spamming it every fight. I use it to check out other players mostly, I like to see what other people are doing. Especially if I know how the class works. If I see a player playing the same class as me with the same gear pulling a lot more DPS, I would use Recount (Preferably World of Logs if you run that) to compare myself to him. From there, I can change something to become better myself. Or the other way around, if someone is pulling a lot less damage than me, I would check him out and offer him some tips. I also use Recount to see what killed me if I die. Should I have had hots? Did I have them? Were there any incoming heals? Was it unavoidable Raid damage or should I step it up? I analyze a lot, it helps a lot!

*Tidyplates & Quartz. Just for the looks of it.

Class Knowledge:
I’m very new to the mage class, so I don’t know the stuff I know from personal experience. I read a lot of stuff on forums like Elitist Jerks. I always want to get the most out of what my character has to offer and these websites provide a lot of useful information.

Professions:
I currently have none. I will fix them if I am given a chance to raid with you guys. Leveling a Profession is expensive, so I held back from doing so until I figured out what character I would like to Raid on. Also didn’t plan on making an Application this early, but I guess it’s worth trying.

Well, that was it. I hope this will provide you with enough information for you to make a decision.

Any questions? I'll check back here often to answer anything you'd like to know.

Ecnar
Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:07 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Very nice read, you got my vote.

Good luck.

/Cala

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:34 am View user's profile Send private message
noul
Officer

Post Reply with quote
nice apply indeed, good luck

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:21 am View user's profile Send private message
Trikilo

Post Reply with quote
What cala said Smile

Good luck!

[23:35] Kris:
I'll make it very appealing
Don't worry Brohan
Kris got yo' back
Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:48 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Esseni

Post Reply with quote
See this is how you do it Gl
Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 am View user's profile Send private message
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
hey, thx for apply, could u /w me in game?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Ecnar

Post Reply with quote
Hey^^

Thanks for the replies. Smile
I'll contact you asap, Anarki. I've tried just now, but it seems I just missed you. Added you so I'll whisper when you log in.

Ecnar
Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:38 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: