ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Yraél - Fury Warrior App.

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Yraél - Fury Warrior App.
Yrael
Officer

Post Yraél - Fury Warrior App. Reply with quote
Apologies in advance if this is stupendously long, just thought I’d be thorough.

Name: Jack
Character Name: Yraél
Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/yra%C3%A9l/advanced
Class: Warrior
Spec: Fury TG/Fury SMF

Previous/Current guilds:

I started playing on Darkspear server around August 2007, but moved with friends while levelling to Nagrand, hit level 70 there but didn’t do much raiding until I again moved to Quel’Thalas, and have remained here since. After several boring social and newly formed raiding guilds I joined Malicious, it effectively died at the end of BC but I stayed until it disbanded sometime around the end of 2009/start of 2010, during a 5 month break I took from the game.

When I re-subscribed in February 2010 I was guildless, I drifted through a couple of social guilds then joined Scion in June. Raided ICC 10/25 and some of Cata first tier with them, I was made an Officer and recently stepped down from that position as my time didn’t allow for much activity, or time to do much in the way of applications, raiding, finding videos or additions to tactics for the forums, etc.

I’ve recently left there due to my recent inability to meet their raid times during the week, as most days I’ll get home about the time raids start. I was also getting to the point where, during raids, I was getting in a bad mood whenever anyone did anything stupid, or asked a silly question or something that really shouldn’t have annoyed me and I really didn’t feel comfortable with it.

I didn’t like the way I was feeling there at all. Though I hope I left on good terms with most of them, I wish them luck and really hope they do well without me, I just felt like I didn’t belong there anymore.

WoW Experience:

I only started any semi-serious raiding by the end of BC, with Malicious. Also did some Naxx and Ulduar (both 10man) with them until my break from Aug ’09 – Feb ’10. I completely missed ToC while it was top-tier (not that I’m disappointed) and rejoined the game just after the beginning of ICC. I raided there with Scion from June until Cata release.

TBC:

I cleared:
Kara
Gruul
Maggy
SSC
ZA

With:
3/4 in TK,
2/5 in MH,
and 4/9 in BT, with plenty of wallet-destroying experience on Bloodboil.

Hand of A’dal chain is still nearly finished, Mali had stopped raiding BC 25’s by the time I got ½ vials and everything up to Akama on the other chain done.

All the above was pre-3.0, when it became puggable I stopped raiding until Wrath, it didn’t feel like it was worth it when everything I’d done was so much easier.

Wrath:

With Malicious, I cleared Naxx/Maly/Sarth (who didn’t?), 12/14 in Ulduar normal 10’s, took a break.

With Scion, 12/12 ICC10norm 10/12 ICC10Hc (raided 25 almost every week) and 11/12 ICC25norm 4/12 ICC25Hc.

Cata:

With Scion, 7/12 normal on 10’s, 5/12 normal on 25’s. Missing the 3 end bosses and Ascendant Council, I haven’t had a Chimaeron kill either but plenty of experience.

Equipment:

Gauging whether SMF or TG is better for my gear set at the moment. When I decide which is better dps I’ll be buffing the weapon enchants to landslide. (Lava Spine/Claws of Agony SMF, Akirus/Vicious Greatsword TG)
Having been incredibly unlucky with boss drops so far, my gear is less than ideal. However I believe I’ve got (by gold, trash drops, or points) the best available to me so far despite my bad luck.

The stat priorities I’m going for at the moment is Crit/Mastery and reforging out of everything else.

Also, 325 soul-destroying troll solves later, Zin’rokh still eludes me...

Spec/Glyphs:

Both TG and SMF specs are exactly the same (apart from TG/SMF obviously) and the spec is built for maximum mobility and some extra self healing for fights like Chimaeron where the small heals pay off over the length of the fight.

I am yet to experiment with arms since 4.0.1, in any environment. Though with a decent amount of gear to allow some ease of swapping between specs, (difficult to get balanced stats between switching specs without offspec gear pieces) I would be willing to test it on fights requiring a lot of AOE. Fury can AOE, but I’d expect to do more damage single target on anything unless its a pretty big group.

Glyphs are also the same for both my TG and SMF specs,

Prime Glyphs are the ones you use for fury, no possible change in the combination used there (unless I wanted to suck more, for some reason) .

Major Glyphs:

Glyph of Cleaving – useful for fights like Halfus, Maloriak, where add DPS is of some importance.

Glyph of Death Wish – as I’d be using it as much as possible on every fight, it helps the healers a bit when I’m not taking more damage than everyone else for a lot of the time.

Glyph of Colossus Smash – the lack of a prot warrior tanking meant I was the one keeping Sunders up on everything, along with the minor glyph to stack 2 at the beginning this helped to keep it up the rest of the fight without changing my regular DPS rotation past the initial 2 stacks.

Minor Glyphs:

Glyph of Beserker Rage: the rage gain stacks with mastery and it’s a nice little boost every 24 seconds on something I’d already be using a lot to keep Raging Blow going.

Glyph of Sunder Armour: as mentioned above, this helps me stack Sunders on the target at the start of the fight to boost raid DPS, and CS glyph keeps it up the rest of the fight.

Glyph of Bloody Healing: With the change to Bloodthirst giving it a 3 second cooldown, it’s almost spammed in the DPS rotation now, on fights like Chimaeron where small heals help quite a bit towards getting over 10k hp, or on long fights where constant damage is taken like Magmaw or Halfus (with some drake comps), the total healing can add up to a lot of saved mana for the healers. I’ve stacked it with the Field Dressing talent to give this more of an effect.

Reason:

Dragons is a long standing guild and made up of some great people, from what I’ve heard. From my perspective it’s a guild that’s guaranteed neither to disband or stop raiding, which is what I’m after really, along with a later raid start time on weekdays so I can make them on time. Other than that, I know a few people, I enjoy 25 more than 10man raiding, I find wiping on difficult encounters more fun than breezing through easy ones. I’m also looking to improve myself and see how I do at a higher level content than I’m used to, and hopefully bring some benefit to the guild as well.

Contacts in guild:

Blínded, Trikilo, Relisys and Pick from Malicious/Scion/weekly BT runs for Slacker’s mainhand. Though undoubtedly I’ll be burned at the stake forevermore for missing last weekend’s run.

Casual/Hardcore:

I’d say hardcore, if I had more time available. I should manage most or even all nights a week, but I’ll be cautious and say I’m more casual at the moment.

Played:

190 days on Yraél and 20-30 more on my mage and one or two other alts. The mage is for convenience and archaeology and the rest for when I’m really bored.

Please don’t hesitate to ask if I’ve left anything out, or if there’s any confusion about any part of my application.

Cheers, Yrael Very Happy
Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:50 am View user's profile Send private message
Trikilo

Post Reply with quote
Yo, Yraél Smile
Nice to see you finally got the "balls" to apply here Smile

A really good player here.

Good luck with the app mate!

[23:35] Kris:
I'll make it very appealing
Don't worry Brohan
Kris got yo' back
Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:00 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Skeffridge

Post Reply with quote
Hey, about time you finally applied.

Even if it pains me to say it he's a really good dps and pretty good guy.
I think he'd fit in well with the guild.

Good luck with the app.
Blínded.
Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Quality application, good luck ^^

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:40 am View user's profile Send private message
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
hey, whisper me or an officer for a trial. Smile

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:03 am View user's profile Send private message
noul
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Way better application then this one...
http://www.videogames-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=371
or
http://www.videogames-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3542

Welcome mate ! Very Happy

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:13 am View user's profile Send private message
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
lol, erm, why are u digging through this old stuff exactly? Razz

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:28 am View user's profile Send private message
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
noul wrote:
Way better application then this one...
http://www.videogames-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=371
or
http://www.videogames-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3542

*Shock* .. Noul, u cancelled a skitrip in order to get invited.. that's hardcore Wink

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:29 am View user's profile Send private message
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
noul makes like 4 ski-trips a year tho, so not so bad

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:36 am View user's profile Send private message
noul
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Anarki wrote:
lol, erm, why are u digging through this old stuff exactly? Razz

Just nice memoryes how nabs we all where Smile
Didnt want to heart your feeling Smile

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:44 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: