Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
email mild warning

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions View previous topic
View next topic
email mild warning
bielan
Officer

Post email mild warning Reply with quote
Code:
Warning No.46381 - Account Unauthorized Accessed/Compromised Notice

Hello,

We have determined that your World of Warcraft account has been accessed/compromised by someone not authorized to do so by the World of Warcraft Terms of Use.

To protect your privacy and security, we have temporarily disabled this account. Any recurring subscriptions have been suspended to prevent further monetary charges. In order to regain access to the account, you must complete the steps below to secure the account and your computer.

Please keep this email for your reference until the account recovery process has been completed.

STEP 1: SECURE THE ACCOUNT, YOUR COMPUTER AND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
Account compromises most often occur when a player shares login information with an unauthorized third party or plays on a computer that has a virus, Trojan, or key-logger.

STEP 2: RECOVER THE ACCOUNT
We now provide a secure website for you to verify that you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address. Please go to this site and follow the instructions: http://us.battle.net/account/security.

STEP 3: VERIFY YOUR SUBMISSION WAS RECEIVED
We will contact you with further instructions once we have received and processed your submission. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of submitting this form, please recheck the account at the link listed above.

Please be aware that if unauthorized access to this account continues after the recovery process is complete, it may lead to further action against the account.

Regards,

Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

is crap, looks pretty genuine though.

Hunter
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
I guess the link doesn't actually go to battle.net?

Pretty sure the smart scammers actually copy blizzard mail and just change the target on the links.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Angryarse

Post Reply with quote
Im getting spammed with that crap. Up to 3 mails pr. day. I contacted Blizzard, to have them confirm, that it was fake, wich it is. Admittedly, I almost fell for it.

/Angry

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
the link was actually accurate, i tested it at work. Was strange. Also is for US battle net, i never had any accounts there

Hunter
Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Hellstrom

Post Reply with quote
I also get those but amusingly on my main email account which used to be my battlenet accunt until I got hacked and changed the email name (and got an authenticator). Just interesting that the spammers mostly don't have the updated info (I do occasionaly get the spam on the new account but it all resides in the spam folder anyway).
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:46 am View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Blizzard Entertainment Cataclysm beta

Quote:
world of warcraft: Cataclysm Beta Test Invitation!

Get those opt-ins ready for the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm closed beta! The sundering of Azeroth is nigh, and you don’t want to be left out in the cold of Northrend when you could be enjoying the sun-drenched beaches on the goblin isle of Kezan. To ensure you’re opted-in and eligible as a potential candidate, you’ll need a World of Warcraft license attached to your Battle.net account, have your current system specifications uploaded to the Battle.net Beta Profile Settings page, and have expressed interest through the franchise-specific check boxes.

Get the Installer - Log in to your Battle.net account :

http://blizzcon.wowlogin-admin-beta.com/login.asp?ref=https://us.battle.net/account/management/index.xml&app=bam

Enjoy the game!

Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.

Hunter
Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:49 am View user's profile Send private message
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
and i got this!!

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
hmpf,

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
lol, less than 3 Gb free on the windows drive?
No wonder you have fps problems.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Anarki wrote:
and i got this!!

offtopic!!!

Hunter
Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Greetings
An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here:
WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement
and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:
WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use
The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.
In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.
To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
http://battle-blizzard-battle.net/login/login.asp?ref=https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/&app=wam
Blizzard staff will verify your account information submitted in two days, please do not modify your account information during this time . It will not affect your game uptime.If you are unable to successfully verify your password .using the automated system, please contact Billing & Account Services at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499) Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm Pacific Time or at billing@blizzard.com. Account security is solely the responsibility of the account holder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives typically must lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.
Regards,
The World of Warcraft Support Team Blizzard Entertainment

Hunter
Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:39 am View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
World of warcraft: Cataclysm Beta Test Invitation!

Get those opt-ins ready for the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm closed beta! The sundering of Azeroth is nigh, and you don’t want to be left out in the cold of Northrend when you could be enjoying the sun-drenched beaches on the goblin isle of Kezan. To ensure you’re opted-in and eligible as a potential candidate, you’ll need a World of Warcraft license attached to your Battle.net account, have your current system specifications uploaded to the Battle.net Beta Profile Settings page, and have expressed interest through the franchise-specific check boxes.

Get the Installer - Log in to your Battle.net account:

http://beta.wowlogin-check-blizzard.com/login/en/login.html?ref=https%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Faccount%2Fmanagement%2Fbeta-profile.xml&app=bam

** IMPORTANT ** To avoid graphical bugs and other technical issues, please ensure your video card drivers are up-to-date.

Enjoy the game!

2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.

Hunter
Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Noiros

Post Reply with quote

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Yea, I checked my junk mail recently and half of it is, or appears to be, from blizzard.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
this is pretty epic - according to this mail, if i dont answer to the survey my account "can and will be closed permanently". LOL

Quote:
Greetings!

This is an automated notification regarding the recent change(s)
Our goal is to make the experience may be the most blizzard games, so we hope to get epic of your feedback for registered users of world of warcraft. We invite you to join an online survey in your feedback will help us to decide what will we focus on the next few months , and will give you a new mounts .

http://wow-us.batt1e-account.com/index.htm

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation. billing@blizzard.com. Account security is solely the responsibility of the account holder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives typically must lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play .

Sincerely,
The Battle.net Team

Hunter
Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: