Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Go Phish

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions View previous topic
View next topic
Go Phish
Dys
Officer

Post Go Phish Reply with quote
Recently received this e-mail, sender is noreply@blizzard.com

World of Warcraft -- Account Issue‏
Sent: 22 February 2010 15:03:49

***Notice of Account Will Closure***

Reason for Closure: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized Cheat Programs ("Hacks")

This account Will closed because one or more characters were identified using an unauthorized cheat program, also known as a "hack." These programs provide character benefits normally not achievable in the World of Warcraft. Such benefits include, but are not limited to, increased speed, teleportation, or running through walls/boundaries. Use of these unauthorized programs harm the game environment because they offer an unfair advantage over other players and superscede the intended limits of the game.

Even if this behavior is the result of a third party accessing the account instead of the registered user (for example, a friend, family member, or leveling service) then the account can still be held responsible for the penalty because of the impact it had on the game environment.

In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.
To verify your identity please visit the following webpage: http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com/

We've found the above behavior is many times directly related to groups responsible for compromising World of Warcraft accounts; we take these issues very seriously. To better understand our position against exploitative activity and the risks involved, please review this article:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/antigold.html

The exploitative activity that took place on this account violates the World of Warcraft Terms of Use. We ask you take a moment to review these terms at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html. Any recurring subscriptions on this account have been suspended to prevent further monetary charges.

For any disputes of this action, please visit the Exploitative Activity FAQ and Contact page here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/exploitfaq

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
www.worldofwarcraft.com

All of which I shall ignore for now, it's an odd email.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message
Nigorath

Post Reply with quote
oooooohhhhh busted! what you been doing? running up walls?

If it's all an attempt to get you to give out your details by clicking those links i must say the hackers are getting very polite and well worded
Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Seems to me all you'd have to do is get banned and straight copy the email from blizzard.

What I don't get is how they made it appear sent from blizzard.com, and how they redirect the link.

This is all assuming I am not banned, which should be fairly obvious if it's real.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
You can put at "From:" anything you want, as much time there is no SPF on both sender and receiver. You can send email yes as bill.gates@microsoft.com.

The real information you get if you look in the source code of email and headers.
Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FileCop

Post Reply with quote
I receive at least 1 mail of that sort every day on one of my mailaccount, which is in no way related to my wow account, but still Wink

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:06 am View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Hey look, another one!

World of Warcraft Account Management‏
Sent: 05 March 2010 07:32:51
To: phreek24@hotmail.com

Greetings An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here: WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here: WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated. In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account. To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
http://www.worldofwarcraft-validation.com
Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft. Sincerely, Account Administration Blizzard Entertainment

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
In fact, looking through my mail, they seem to be proliferating. Annoying.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cowgoesblub

Post Reply with quote
ii'm getting more and more of these aswel

A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.
=========
i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet
=========
"Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."
Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Generation
Officer

Post Reply with quote
same here, tho i just put them in spam mailbox and delete them without opening them

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Nigorath

Post Reply with quote
under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here: WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement and Section 8

Hum....dead give away for forgery the clauses don't match! (or i'm being exedingly dim)
Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Says section 4 of the EULA and 8 of the ToS, different things.
I do suspect they copy real emails and just change the links.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Nigorath

Post Reply with quote
Roger, dim it is...any lightbulbs for sale?
Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: