Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
some news i found did made me lol

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Other games discussions View previous topic
View next topic
some news i found did made me lol
Crud
Officer

Post some news i found did made me lol Reply with quote
Buddhist leader plays violent videogames

Karmapa Lama Trinley Dorje, the only Buddhist leader recognised by the Chinese, plays violent games 'on his PlayStation' to stop him twatting people in real life. Seriously.

So, for me sometimes it can be a relief, a kind of decompression to just play some video games. If I'm having some negative thoughts or negative feelings, video games are one way in which I can release that energy in the context of the illusion of the game. I feel better afterwards.

The aggression that comes out in the video game satiates whatever desire I might have to express that feeling. For me, that's very skillful because when I do that I don't have to go and hit anyone over the head.

When asked if meditation should be taking care of the negative feelings, Dorje simply replies, "No, video games are just a skillful method." The interview with The Times of India didn't yield which games the Karmapa Lama prefers playing and what system he plays them on, but it can be fun guessing. I'd sure like to try his monk mad skills on Tekken!
Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Whernside

Post Reply with quote
works for me too!

We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Other games discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: