Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Classification of the Dragon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions View previous topic
View next topic
Classification of the Dragon

Post Classification of the Dragon Reply with quote
REVIEW: Classification of the Dragon

By Alba, L. guest professor in zoology at Stormwind Institute of Dragons, September 2006.
Abstract in both english and danish, the whole version exists only in danish.

ABSTRACT:
It has in many years been discussed whether the dragon (Draco) belongs in the class of the birds (Aves) or the reptiles (Reptilia). The Institute of Dragons has requested this review because the argument have devided the people of Stormwind. By concidering the arguments of both sides this review will try to clarify the problem and find the proper classification of the dragon.

The followers of the aves classification argues that dragons can fly and therefore must be birds: it has a heavy sternum and wings. The heavy sternum argument is valid when you consider that it is special for the aves class and that it is needed for flying. The wing argument has a huge flaw: thedDragon has, unlike both the birds and reptiles, three pair of limbs. The correspondent to the birds wings are actually the front legs of the dragon (Limps, I. and Hansen, G , 1957). The last really valid argument is that the aves' like the dragons have larynx and vocal cords. The trouble with that argument is that the dragons vocal coards are much more evolved and specialized being more similar with that of elves (Elver,P. , 1503). The lack of the rump gland and feathers has for many people been a clear sign, that the dragon does not belong to the aves class.
By dissection of dragons of different breeds it has been determined that the female dragon has two ovaries and two oviducts whereas the aves only has one of each (Opskar, J. , 1698). Futhermore by examination of dragon skins over a three years period it has been concluded that the dragon integument is very much like the reptile The epidermis has a thick layer of keratinized cells. Every dragon has scale and ossified corium (Skaerer, J. , Alba, L. , 2004).
Several other points have been made favoring the reptile classification. The dragon has teeth and not a beak. The dragon ventricle of the heart is not totally devided into, like the aves class, it has a smaller hole (foramen panizza) like the crocodile which is a reptile (Opskar, J. 1698).
By thorough consideration of the different arguments we have concluded that the dragon does indeed belong to the class of the reptile.

Note:
- This is not a real scientific article, the views made here belongs to the writer.
- Yes i am weird, and I am afraid that my weirdness will increase with studies with a climax by exam time. Fortunately, according to my graph (couldn't draw it here sry) you will not suffer since I will be less in game when I am at my worst.
- I expect that it might only be ma who finds this funny, if this in any way disturbs you, then I am sry (but you could just stop reading..)
- And no sry there is no whole version...
Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:58 pm
Alba

Post Reply with quote
Argh, ofc it was me who made it... just forgot to log in... sry
Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
avasile

Post Reply with quote
Hmmm...lol ? Razz

A.

P.S. : it's true,but acording to Darwin's theory whenever a new unidentified specie ocurs .... Smile
Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
Gyn

Post Reply with quote
You just made me stare for a very long time at my screen. I think i raised my eyebrows several times. And looked up several words in my dictionary.

Yes, it's funny. In a strange way. I guess its danish humor. Still funny. In a weird way.

Probably i would find it more funny if i would still be a student. On the other hand, after reading this... maybe i should rather not even think about university, to not become as weird.

Ok, now we know dragons are reptiles. That is probably the reason why Onyxia drops a bag. Must be a reptile leather bag.
Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Alba

Post Reply with quote
I love Darwin Surprised)....
.... but nothing is really new is it? I mean everyone originates from something else... and it all started with some primodial soup (not sure what it is called in english)... so we (all living beings) are a result of million of years of other living beings, quite fanastic yes? and maybe pretty scary... we are so small in the great picture ... in the end the world and its beings are to great for me to grasp... you can't even really know how others think and see things, or even be sure that what you see is the truth.. if there even exist a truth ...
(and now I think I'll stop....)

/hug Gyn for the comment, and I'm not sure it's danish humor...
Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Miagi

Post Reply with quote
nice thread, i chuckled a bit, but what caught my attention was your enthusiasm, this kind of stuff truly interests you, thats great Smile i enjoyed it even if the critics above didn't :p
Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Tik has 16 slots bags, Miagi has 16 slots bags => Miagi is tank!
Since Miagi has fireball and other fire thingies, we can assume is a genuine Dragon.

But since he has other schools of magic, like Arcane and Frost... we really start to wonder if is not a corrupted Dragon?!

The question is who corrupted him then? Me or Nefarius?Smile
Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Miagi

Post Reply with quote
LOL Very Happy

Tik The Corruptor of Souls.

Zaarlus Destroyer Of Worlds..

Gyn'do the Hexxar?

Homika the Untamed?

i think that Ruanon guy was onto something..

hmmm, Wandal the Soulflayer..
Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
avasile

Post Reply with quote
Miagi wrote:

Gyn'do the Hexxar?

Homika the Untamed?

LOL big time

What about Ionut the Ashbringer Razz

A.
Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Gyn

Post Reply with quote
Miagi wrote:
LOL Very Happy

Gyn'do the Hexxar?

Homika the Untamed?

Miagi The Incinerator

Let's open a new dungeon?
Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Axkezous

Post Reply with quote
hmmmmmm

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Come on Dragons, bring it! Post your/others description Smile)
(we can put it sticky;)))
Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Homika

Post Reply with quote
my English is too poor Sad((((
Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
ciclades

Post Reply with quote
a big loooooooool for me Very Happy
Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
Jaella

Post Reply with quote
I like the idea for a sticky, but at the moment i don't have an input for it. My head is completely empty:)
Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: