Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
honor sistem

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions View previous topic
View next topic
honor sistem
Mateo24

Post honor sistem Reply with quote
Last week i was promoted as Knight (pvp).During the week i was lvl up and only participated in a few Bg -Alterac Valey where i've earned about 4000 honor.This week , after maintence i've discovered that i am Sergeant Major.... Crying or Very sad .
Why?
I need an explications if somebody knows what was happened

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gyn

Post Reply with quote
To understand that it first needs explanation of how the PVP rank system works.

The PVP rank is determined by a ladder/point system.

Currently it seems to be not functional, but you can usually review your honour rank at this link:
http://wow-europe.com/pvp/index.html?realmSelect=true

You will see (in the right-most column i think) that each player has points. The number of points determines the rank, ie. 0-100 points: rank1, 100-500 points: rank 2, aso. I made the numbers up, just to show the principle.

To get up in rank, you have to increase these hnour points. Please note, these points are _not_ the contribution points that you see in your honour window in-game. I will call this points honour points from now on, to make it clear when i am not talking about contribution points.

To increase this honour points is where the "ladder" system comes in. Each weak, at the time of the maintenance, your contribution points (those that are shown in the hounour window in-game) are compared with all other players of the same faction on the same servers (with all alliance players on Quel'thalas in your case), and the result is a ladder: someone is at standing 1, another player has standing 2 in this ladders, aso. This "standing" is also visible in the honour window in-game.

Depending which standing you have in this ladder, you get additional points onto your honour points:
- The player with standing 1 gets the most points (15k)
- Players with standing 2-3 get a bit less points (14k)
- Players with standing 4-10 get less points (12k)
I made the numbers up just to show the principle.

Each week, at the time of the maintenance the following happens:
- you loose a certain percentage of the honour points
- you get additional honour points depending on your standing

You loose a certain percentage of the honour points - that means the more you already have, the more you loose. In other words, the higher your rank is the faster you will fall in rank each week - unless you work against it by doing more PVP to improve your standing.

Just to give an example how big the loss in honour points can be:
The last rank, rank 14, is only achievable if you are standing 1 or 2 for several weeks. The loss of honour points at rank 13 is almost as big as the number of honour points you get for having standing 1 (and that means outperforming everyone else in contribution points!). That is not made up, i know people who achieved rank 14 (on other servers), and they had to maintain standing 1 at least 2 weeks - and that is after they worked hard to get to rank 13 first.

Conclusion is: The higher you get in rank, the more PVP you have to do to maintain your rank. You didn't earn enough honour this week, others outperformed you, so your standing wasn't high enough - you lost more honour points than you gained.

Still, kudos to you. Knight - Rank 6 without being level 60 first is quite an achievement.
Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mateo24

Post Ty Gyn! Reply with quote
Ty Gyn! Now i understand! I hope we will meet in Alterac valey! Razz

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:41 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: