ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Randal Hunter Application

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Randal Hunter Application
randal

Post Randal Hunter Application Reply with quote
1. Personal

Tell us something about yourself making sure to mention at least your age and nationality.
I'm a 20year old university student studying economics, it is face roll so I play wow a lot I like to pve/pvp/challenge modes pretty much anything in the game. Played for around a year and a half ish; started off with my warrior and raided DS for the first time with it; ended up main changing (pve-wise) to hunter since my old realm were very short on ranged and I hadn't much experience with the game; looking back I dunno how I raided without half the set-up I currently use: i.e. default blizzard UI nothing else

Back in those day's 12 hour+ pug raid to get a 6/8 normal clear was the highlight of my raiding experience until I joined Ascendancy as a hunter on Argent Dawn (yes it's RP server, not my fault but it's immensely fun banking RP'ers in their "world-pvp" battles; frozen orbs massacred 50-100 role-players and the forums started a hate campaign for such 'griefers'

When I started on my huntard, I was completely new to the class but learnt it really quickly, not being that hard a class to play in my opinion, similar to the arms warrior of old (though I miss the class immensely) I took both my hunter and warrior to 8/8hc DS, the hunter via my guild and pugged on the more populous and frankly better alliance faction of that realm.

2. Character

i) Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Randâl/advanced
ii) Race, Class, Spec: Orc Hunter, BM or Survival
iii) /Played time: 50 days
iv) Please tell us about your character. We want to see that you know your chosen class through and through. Things you may want to consider (though by no means an exhaustive list): Why do you play your class? What’s your rotation? What do you feel this character brings to a group? What would you change for different encounters? Why have you geared/specced/gemmed/chosen those professions as you have? Why should we consider it instead of anything else?

Ranged DPS; utility class. Hunter's are reall good at providing whatever buff/debuff is needed and I have a full stable of raid buff's.

My spec is generally what it is on the armoury switching between Posthaste/Crouching Tiger depending on mobility fights predictable high burst damage fights.

My Gemming prioritises Agility over any secondary stat than I reforge Hit = Exp cap -> Crit -> Mastery -> Haste (which I try and avoidas much as possible) My reasoning to this rather than gemming for socket's is that I think the AP gained scale's a lot better and most socket bonus's aren't very good for Beast Mastery; often rewarding haste/mastery rather than the agility which I would deem a primary stat. I would reforge Haste -> Mastery for fight's where a lot of target switching is apparent which reduces my pet's uptime on kill target's. Especially with the new RPPM trinkets of ToT, reforging haste seem's a very valid choice to get more procs more often.

I've looked into reaching the haste soft cap for an extra tick of Dire Beast but I felt I lost too much crit/mastery in reaching that break-point in my current gear.

I switch between A Murder of Crows and Blink strike very rarely; pretty much only on Will, Amber shaper and Elegon heroic. I've soaked on many fights; ultraxion, Will HC, Elegon HC, Vizier HC carried pheromones; dispelled the magic buff on Wind Lord Mel'Jerak and Delerious on Spirit Kings. Nothing fancy like the kite work that was asked of hunter's in previous tiers since I didn't play wow back than. I used to link the lightening on Hagara; just various roles; I've had experience handling the scary fog on Lei Shi on my old guilds attempts on it. I'm pretty confident with my DPS output and like to think I can perform as good numbers as I can possibly; I learn fast and can react to what's happening on the fight rather than just tunnel vision a DPS rotation since I'm pretty confident with my rotation.

I chose Leatherworking and Engineering simply because when I started raiding in MoP I chose Engineering for the 1min cd on the tinker (lines up perfectly with Bestial Wrath) and LW for the cheap leg and bracer enchants. They also sim highest on female dwarf; a hunter sim site

3. WoW Experience

We are especially interested in the raids/bosses/achievements you did while they were still current. Try to be as detailed as you can. Please also feel free to list any high level PvP experience or anything else you feel may be relevant.
My biggest raiding achievement was t14; since it was my first time raiding pre-nerf. I'm proud of the progress I made in the 2 month's I was in Blood and Tears before they disbanded. I like to pvp on my warrior; gotton 1770 in arena and around 1800 in rbi's but I don't really play much since I dislike playing with random's from /2

4. World of Logs

A link to a recent WoL parse is required. (Should you not have access to a recent log, please record a LFR run. Check here how to do so)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/260148/calendar/03-13/
Are log's I took at the start of 5.2; or the week before ToT came out, not 100% sure; if you want some logs that are recent I can try get some for you asap

5. Interface

i) Please post or link a screenshot of your interface in combat. Ideally during a raid encounter, but at a training dummy is acceptable.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/screenshot20130310at002.png/
ii) Please detail your major raid addons and outline your keybindings:
ElvUI, Omen3, JSHB, DBM, ExtraCD, DoompulseCooldown (can't remember the name exactly) and Reforgelite; has pretty much everything I need
iii) Technical stuff. How's your PC and connection?
Macbook pro, rarely any problems at all

6. Previous/Current guilds

Please detail your current and any former guilds and if applicable your reasons for leaving them
Ascendancy - Argent Dawn -> My good friends from that guild quit raiding at start of MoP and there was a lack of member's and I just didn't enjoy the guild atmosphere anymore

Blood and Tears -Argent Dawn -> Guild disbanded after GM moved to Enraged Regeneration on Sylvanas and Argent Dawn didn't have the player base to find replacements for him as well as the numerous raider's who quit.

Vita Nova - Q'T - Had a trial, left mutually since they accepted me as a trial but sat me for a number of weeks than said I wasn't geared enough at that point; kinda stopped raiding at that point; other than LFR and valour gear grinding.

7. Alts

Please provide Armory links for any seriously played alts
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Squirtlč/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Rândal/advanced

8. Dragons and You!

i) Please tell us your availibility. Our raiding times are posted in the Guild Rules and in order for your application to be considered you will have to ensure that you can fulfil the attendance requirements.
I'm available every day; I raided 5 day a week before
ii) Why do you want to join Dragons?
I really always wanted to experience 25man raiding; I've heard good things about it and it seem's like a really good experience and you guy's seem to be solid, not likely to disband in the near future.
iii) What do you believe you would bring to Dragons?
I rate myself highly, I believe I'd be a good addition to your roster and I don't stand in fire.
iv) If applicable, please list any current members of Dragons you know and who would vouch for you
no sorry
Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Kharienn
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Randal,

Thank you for your application and our apologies that we haven't responded quicker. Your application is currently being discussed and we'll get back to you shortly.

Kharienn
Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kharienn
Officer

Post Reply with quote
We would prefer to see a more recent log, please. A ToT LFR run would be fine.
Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Judging by the applicant having realm changed his main and alts, I'm going to assume this is no longer active. Feel free to drop a note if this application is still active else we'll be treating it as withdrawn.

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: