View next topic
[X-Realm][Joint Application] Mage / Rogue Deeps
Kivu-

Post [X-Realm][Joint Application] Mage / Rogue Deeps Reply with quote
Character

Armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Innogen/simple

Race, Class, Spec:

Human Mage, Frost/Arcane. With a hyped look towards a Fire specialization. Unfortunately a couple of mastery based items plus the lack of a small amount of critical strike rating qualifies any current Fire output equal to my Frost one, unless tremendously massive RnG comes around every minute. If only.

/Played time:

~350 Priestly days, ~250 on the Mage, ~50 Warrior-ish ones

Please tell us about your character. We want to see that you know your chosen class through and through.

As far as World of Warcraft goes, I've had my fair share of getting to meet every single class, quite extensively.

The main reason to this was my abundance of free time and my participation to some of the world's most renown squads.

Yet again you'll certainly know what I mean when I tell you that the moment you find what's suitable for you, it feels good. That's exactly what got me when I made my choices. Priest healing & magical deeps in general were what I could be mental with, and achieve some kind of a hyper competitive background, which I did in a way I absolutely enjoyed.

Instead of rumbling on and on about my theorycraft on how-to-mage-dps, here goes a description of my active tier talents and how I came to select them out of each three:

Presence of Mind shines as a default performance enhancing talent. An extra frostbolt/pyroblast/mana gem(rarely and mainly if Invocation is not selected) every 90 seconds comes as a handy damage boost, as I can count on Blink for moving purposes. Blazing speed might come handy in certain situations that require rapidly removing a movement impairing debuff. Whatever floats the encounter's boat.

Even though Flameglow does not have a GCD, Ice Barrier's spell casting delay prevention tops utility & survival purposes.

As for the crowd control based tier 3 talent, I swap between Ring of Frost and Ice Ward, depending on the encounter.

Cauterize all the way, mainly because the survival purpose is served without losing casts, in comparison to Cold Snap and Greater Invisibility. Also, soaking stuff comes handy.

Nether Tempest, Living Bomd and Frost Bomb seem to be somewhat balanced after all the fixes that succeeded 5.2 mage changes. Nether Tempest in my rotation, due to it's higher damage modifier.

My tier 6 talent concerns Invocation. Steady output enhance, performing roughly the same as Rune of Power. I feel more mobile with Invocation, and my testing results yielded no particular damage loss to the amount of time lost casting Evocation.

Now let's take a detour from active talent choices and give you a walkthrough of my actual play style. Below, you will find my GUI, macros I have fixed and utilise as well as any notes I find significant to mention.

Graphical User Interface & Key Binding

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/t9C5Y2H

My GUI is a composition of 21 addons configured seperately by myself. It mainly provides maximum utility in a very clean environment, with the maximum viewing distance set. My focus target and it's target are above the target/target's target frames.

Key bindings include variations of Shift+Key and extra keyboard buttons (Logitech G15), what I'm used to for years.

Macro-managed Spell Casting

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [@focus,exists][@target] Counterspell

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [@focus,exists][@target] Spellsteal

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Blink

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Ice Block
/cast Ice Block

Plus other bursters that I use accordingly (pre-potting & essentials).

Also, many separate focus modifiers that aim to either crowd control or fast targeting.

Last but not least, certain mouse-over actions, like:
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,help][nodead,help][@player] Slow Fall

Extras

Quickly mentioning professions, my preferences are Jewelcrafing & Enchanting. A solid 640 intellect(705,6 Spell Power) boost.

Note: I do utilize Alter Time at maximum potential.

WoW Experience

We are especially interested in the raids/bosses/achievements you did while they were still current. Try to be as detailed as you can. Please also feel free to list any high level PvP experience or anything else you feel may be relevant.

The moment I started playing World of Warcraft, sometime around 2004, I was a straight part of a real-life companionship that, not for a long while after we hit 60, became a solid part of the world renown Alterac Deviants.

Unquestionably we were one of the first solid 40-man groups to be actively raiding on a scheduled basis with an unimaginably strong leading core-team, thus achieving Vanila raid kills always within the world's top 20.

Some of the participations I carry on my back include:

The record on Molten Core speed-running prior to Blackwing Lair's arrival(~61Minutes), topping Asia by 30 seconds.

Viscidus world number five, prior to any nerfs. I will never again craft a single Frost Oil in my life, fyi.

World's second Loatheb kill.

Missing the world's first Horsemen kill to rolling server restarts. That's the point where players started quitting the game or leaving for something more, thus comming someplace around 22 with that kill, co-raiding with Genjuros' Highborns.

Alliance first, world second Kil'Jaeden rapture, during my stay in Method.
**quickedit** Since there is confusion here, let me clear this part out. My recruiting officer was Razielakos and I never got to pass my trial by the moment I quit the game. As the sentence states, I find myself proud to have been a member of Method while the kill occured and I feel like taking credit / worth your time knowing, since PTR wipes and planning during 2008 have been breath-taking for both the main raiding team plus all 4 backups. I went by the name of Wicked, the same name having been maintained in The Alterac Deviants for WotLK and early Cataclysm. Questioning Method members in case you need a fact confirmed is more than welcome. There is no kind of manipulation included/intended, my history is extravagant enough without a world second KJ kill. If it wasn't for Method, I'd also have a decent kill with AD not long after that, my point being there is no need for me to exaggerate.

Plus any content I participated in up until now downed before any nerf occurred, including a world ranked 26(?) Heroic: Madness of Deathwing 25. For that one I was a member of Reign. Your server, Horde side.

When it comes to Mists of Pandaria, I came late. Playing for around a month now, hence my Throne of Thunder and/or Heroic HoF/ToES experience being minimal.

Theoriticaly, I'm very much aware of any existent encounter, as I'd ever be.

PvP-wise, I've been in 5v5 action in The Burning Crusade, achieving a Gladiator Title then on 2500 rating. In priestly ways. An RMP setup achieving a maximum rating of 2200 and a RP setup achieving a maximum rating of 2250.

World of Logs

I recorded an LFR run but unfortunately the group went nuts after Jin'Rokh. I left thus I'll include a report of a single encounter. It's not much, but enough to check my spell rotation and/or any buff/debuff uptimes. Should you need more, I'd be more than happy to provide. Also note that this log was parsed before I acquired a significant Spell Power boost(1367,4525).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/194ijaoechx0ycrd/details/5/?s=496&e=857

Technical Stuff: Hardware & Internet

AMD Phenom II 1090T x6 @3.2GHz, Black Edition
9gigs of HyperX RAM, @2000MHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 580
Operating Software on SSDs
A 23'' LED LG, with a Dynamic CR of 5.000.000 and a forced Refresh Rate of 75Hz.
Logitech G15 / Logitech G5 / Steelseries S&S / Bang & Olufsen Headset

Internet Service: 48/2, stable uptime

Previous/Current guilds

Guild Course:
The Alterac Deviants, Method, Alterac Deviants, Reign

Reasons for leaving:
Departure of the main leading core-team, University Entrance Exams, Short Military Service, Disbanded

Alts

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Ptk/simple

Dragons and You!

Please tell us your availibility. Our raiding times are posted in the Guild Rules and in order for your application to be considered you will have to ensure that you can fulfil the attendance requirements.

We both fulfil your raiding requirements and are fully available.

Why do you want to join Dragons?

I've played with plenty of your members. I was a part of Quel'Thalas, mainly because of Philipp. We're friends for long enough, and my young sexy padawan. While on the Alliance side, I've been a part of The Jester Race(Casual membership), thus playing with most of Philipp's acquaintances. His description of Dragons, the "maturity" and decency he talks about is exactly what we are looking for. And we are looking for something really stable. To contribute, have fun with, progress with.

What do you believe you would bring to Dragons?

As I see it we can make a thrilling part of your team. Creryn's application will follow shortly, but I will take the initiative and vouch for her consistency and knowledge, being better than my own. Which will, I'm fairly warning you, result in game breaking DPS races, as she's re-rolling her Paladin to a Rogue that she fancies the most. Phil informed me about the toughness of a third rogue being squeezed in your team, but I do hope for a chance to check our chemistry out and rock the stage together. Experienced, hyped, willing, dedicated. And ready in a couple of days, she's nearly 90.

We can offer two significant, in my honest opinion, things. The first one being extreme stability, as we both share a certain OCD condition about decent progress, rotating, targeting, reputation, perfection. The later's our mentality regarding the classes we chose to apply with. I promise you, we'll go nuts.

As everything points, in a good manner.

If applicable, please list any current members of Dragons you know and who would vouch for you.

Arya(Philipp)

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

And that's about it!

We are looking forward to your decision, after Creryn has post her application as well. Should be done until Tuesday, we're rushing the last levels and planning to get an LFR parse plus caps and all the item levels that can be solo'ed(craftables etc).

Any further question can be directed straight to any of us. Other than that, I thank you for the time dedicated in reading the above application and once again, we're hyped to join Phil & your team.

Au revoir.

Last edited by Kivu- on Tue May 07, 2013 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Plus any content I participated in up until now downed before any nerf occurred, including a world ranked 26(?) Heroic: Madness of Deathwing 25. For that one I was a member of Reign. Your server, Horde side.

I fear you're off by 1,325 ranks there. Not sure why you'd take reflected glory for the Kil'jaeden kill when you weren't actually there for said kill but each to their own. Some may consider backups as part of the kill, I just consider the 25 who were there for the kill as the ones who got the kill. Again, each to their own, I just don't see it. Personal preference which probably no-one else shares.

While waiting for your partner in crime's application, I just want to point out now the main things which have cropped up. First thing would be, as someone who's been in some really top class guilds, Dragons isn't like that. I'm sure Phil has gone over this with you that we're definitely not on the world top list. Second thing would be that we currently have 3 rogues, 4 mages. While 4 rogues isn't too bad, 5 mages is somewhat overkill. One of those mages will have to stop raiding in a couple of months time due to work, until then it would require some shifting around which we're struggling with at the moment.

Cheers for your application.
Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kivu-

Post Reply with quote
Hence the questionmark: Orthwein claimed that there weren't any more than ~25x25M groups that progressed when we took it down. I wasn't active during Cataclysm, just for that part, thus I found no reason to research it further as I couldn't care any less. We pretty much quit the game when we took it down.

When it comes to my trialship in Method, I would certainly show it off in an application considering 2 things: First of, since backups were included in the PTR planning and did approximately as many tries as the main team performing roughly at a same level and second, since I was there and available when it happened, I see no reason why not to consider the experience as a plus on my side. Call me a show-off, I enjoyed that part!

Anyway, that shouldn't be shaking your head that much. We're interested in joining Dragons because of how you were described to be. It's the kind of an atmosphere that we want to become a part of and the kind of people that we'd like to meet and play with. You'll never hear me say that I'm, by any means, a better player than any of you. It'll be up to you to judge my playstyle and mobility, if you found the description of them in this appliaction appealing.

Now to your roster plans. If it helps, I am not the type of guy that will get either pissed or upset about attendance. If you go as far as fitting a 5th mage in, it goes without question by me that your current members are to be taken while I'll always be available as a backup. A counter-suggestion would be that I get back to one of my priests, which I enjoy playing as much as I enjoy playing a mage. He's already on Quel'Thalas and I can have him 90 by Tuesday morning. My Alterac Deviants days were all priestly and I have always rotated all specializations. Moreover we're aiming quite high PvP-wise on an RMP setup.

You can have a quick look at the priest I'm about to level up on the following link. I took care of fixing a Shadow & Discipline spec plus a glyph setup. Not much at all, but serves a quick glimpse. Missing Halo/Divine Star accordingly.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Kivu/simple

Update:
We've hit 90 on both characters and rushing caps. Creryn's application plus 2 new LFR logs will be posted soon.
Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Orixa

Post Reply with quote
Hey Innogen,

I was interested to find out what your character names/realms were with your mage prior to Innogen/Ravencrest. It seems the logs that are listed under your character are corrupt - guess that's to do with a recent change?

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Ravencrest/innogen/

I was also curious why you think fire is to be ignored. What's your thinking?

Good luck with the app Smile
Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kivu-

Post Reply with quote
Hello Orixa,

I'm not aware of the reason why the logs are corrupt, there was no recent change when it comes to the mage in particular.

About a Fire Specialization - I actually meant the exact opposite. Not only isn't fire to be ignored, I would be hyped to finally turn into it. The maximum raw stats I can achieve with an appropriate reforging, gemming & enchanting attitude right now would be:

7612 Critical Strike Rating, 6206 Haste Rating, 5040(14.86%) Hit Rating, 2444 Mastery Rating and I would suffer a 970 Spell Power loss.

Even though it's all about massive RnG it doesn't favor me right now. It didn't top frost on approx. 30 dummy tests while fully raid buffed, including cleaving 3 out of 4 dummies at the Shrine. In fact, rotating frost came to beat fire even on the most RnG-positive tries. And when I sat down to talk about it with a Greek friend in The Alterac Deviants(Pollypuff), he shared the exact same opinion about my results, thus I'm sticking with frost for a while longer, until I have viable stats to raid end-game with a fire spec.

I could always swap, of course, for fights that favor massive cleaving.

Thanks for wishing me luck!
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
An extra frostbolt/pyroblast/mana gem

PoM Mana Gem, very stronk.

Quote:
Nether Tempest, Living Bomd and Frost Bomb seem to be somewhat balanced after all the fixes that succeeded 5.2 mage changes. Nether Tempest in my rotation, due to it's higher damage modifier.

Close, but not quite the reason that Nether Tempest is the most viable option for frost spec :p I won't go into it since that would undermine the application process.

Any news on the second application?

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kivu-

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
An extra frostbolt/pyroblast/mana gem(rarely and mainly if Invocation is not selected)

I thought British folks were the Kings & Queens of argumentative essays? Anyway, I'm not judging, I guess it's a flaw when one's thinking wide and includes the very extreme situations that may or may not occur Wink Shame on me!

The highest damage modifier on Nether Tempest is the main reason it's selected in a Frost spec. Hell, it's the main reason it's selected in any specialization right now. Since the next modifier to take under consideration is the very next thing a mage bomb can offer: differentiated AoE effects and extra spell proc mechanics. The latter being included to the "highest damage modifier" reason. So it's natural that someone can kinda rotate, depending on what he's facing. I never thought that's rocket science.

Please do undermine my application process, since for some god forbidden strange reason you're seeing it with an eye full of resentment. I do accept reconstructive(??) criticism, if any.

Other than that, we're close into having an average item level that will allow us to run an LFR. Creryn's application will be posted by midnight.

Thank you.

And oh, I forgot! Can I have your insight about me re-rolling to one of my priests? Would it help with your roster? I'm patient and open to anything that I can decently manage.
Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
I thought British folks were the Kings & Queens of argumentative essays? Anyway, I'm not judging, I guess it's a flaw when one's thinking wide and includes the very extreme situations that may or may not occur. Shame on me!

PoM Mana Gem has been a long running joke, I wasn't having digs.

Quote:
The highest damage modifier on Nether Tempest is the main reason it's selected in a Frost spec. Hell, it's the main reason it's selected in any specialization right now. Since the next modifier to take under consideration is the very next thing a mage bomb can offer: differentiated AoE effects and extra spell proc mechanics. The latter being included to the "highest damage modifier" reason. So it's natural that someone can kinda rotate, depending on what he's facing. I never thought that's rocket science.

I really do hope you aren't getting sarcastic with me with that last part. Nether Tempest has a higher brain freeze PPM as well as many trinkets proccing from periodic damage. Your 1st trinket included. That's why it's more viable, on top of what you wrote.

Quote:
Please do undermine my application process, since for some god forbidden strange reason you're seeing it with an eye full of resentment.

You've missed the point. If I tell an applicant things about their class rather than letting the applicant tell us about what they know, that's undermining the purpose of any application. I'm not having digs nor am I seeing it with an eye full of resentment. Don't misunderstand me.

In regards to rerolling to the priest, there might be a slim chance if it's shadow spec. We're fine for healers right now.

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kivu-

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Nether Tempest has a higher brain freeze PPM as well as many trinkets proccing from periodic damage

Exactly what I meant with a "Higher damage modifier". I explained it further when I mentioned the advantage of choosing Nether Tempest for it's extra spell proc mechanics when requested.

Yeah, the PoM+Mana Gem part is a long running joke. I have never used it, neither was I intending to. I just thought there was no reason to bash it sarcastically towards me, simply because I mentioned it, outlining that if used, it's gonna be used rarely.

As for my "sarcastic" part, no offense intended. I'm all good willed Kris!

My apologies for thinking you see the application the way I described.
Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
Orixa

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm not aware of the reason why the logs are corrupt, there was no recent change when it comes to the mage in particular.

I can't find any logs for the character Innogen from this or previous tiers apart from the LFR you posted and a couple you did on your other mage Pomperipõssa, hence I asked about other servers and name changes. It just seems like you've not played Innogen at all recently, which I don't think is the case.

I'd expect to find something like this (Kris name changed - to see historical data you need the old name, hence my question about name/server changes)

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/quel%27thalas/krisandra
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/quel%27thalas/kris

PS. As someone who did a bit of Sunwell raiding, I was very interested to read that world 2nd KJ! Which character were you playing at that point? Your Sunwell achievements across your characters on QT and Ravencrest show first kills on Oct 2010.
Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Arcaydian

Post Reply with quote
Really good apply mate. The best i have ever seen. Best of luck with it Very Happy

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kivu-

Post Reply with quote
Thank you Arcaydian Smile

@Orixa: Holy/Disc Priest, named Wicked. My trial period before I stop was a total sum of 16 days during KJ on PTR & the actual kill. The ownership of the account is still in my hands, but inactive since then. Also, the current Lead Encounter Designer Ion Hazzicostas comes from my city and was, let's go with, my "mentor". He played the most important role of me getting to experience what I did. It wasn't fancy and the whole experience quite stressful, as it wasn't my thing Razz
Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
Orixa

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the TBC info, I imagine there was a lot to be learned! Smile

Have you got any further information on why there're no other logs of you playing a mage in the last couple of years? Suspect I'm missing something!
Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kivu-

Post Reply with quote
Raids that regard this mage go as far back as Vanila Naxx. There is no continuous flow.

As far as this mage's history goes:

60: Don't remember my name Razz Raided casually with Horizons, Genjuros, Horde side.
70: No mage.
80: No mage.
85: Christmas to my Madness 25 HC kill, under the name "Malganizor", Reign, QT, Horde side.
90: The logs I have on Ravencrest under "Pomperipossa" and "Innogen". If they are corrupted, I don't know the reason why.
Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Orixa

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, good luck with the app.
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: