Madcocogirl - Shadowpriest

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Madcocogirl - Shadowpriest
Madcocogirl

Post Madcocogirl - Shadowpriest Reply with quote
1. Personal

My name's Christy.
I'm originally from Australia but I'm living in the US right now due to attending university, and I'm turning 21 in February 3rd. I like to consider myself a social person and easy to talk to! I pretty much work my ass off in university, and I love to come back to WoW and have an awesome guild to chat with and join raids with if possible to blow off steam and have a blast in the process.

2. Character

i) Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Madcocogirl/simple
ii) Race, Class, Spec: Nightelf, Priest, Shadow
iii) /Played time: Total time: 120 days and 8 hours. At this level: 6 days and 15 hours.
iv) Please tell us about your character. We want to see that you know your chosen class through and through. Things you may want to consider (though by no means an exhaustive list): Why do you play your class? What’s your rotation? What do you feel this character brings to a group? What would you change for different encounters? Why have you geared/specced/gemmed/chosen those professions as you have? Why should we consider it instead of anything else?

I pretty much LOVE the priest class alot! I had her since 2006, specifically near the end of Vanilla.
My rotation is: Mindblast - Shadowword Pain - Vampiric Touch - Halo - Mindblast - Proccs in between when triggered. I prioritize with keeping both DoTs SW:P and VT up at all times, and making sure that Mindblast is always on CD. Also keeping DoTs up on all mobs depending on the situation ofcourse.

My character would most likely I guess be considered support, and above all else, eye candy Wink

Well I would specifically change my talent from Divine Insight to Twist of Fate depending on the boss encounter. Otherwise everything else is pretty situational.

The gems and professions chosen are pretty much ideal from what I've read from elitistjerks.com and howtopriest.com

And I guess you should consider my character because I'd like to think I'm unique and adapt fairly quickly to situations on short notice. Let's not forget being an eye candy too!

3. WoW Experience

We are especially interested in the raids/bosses/achievements you did while they were still current. Try to be as detailed as you can. Please also feel free to list any high level PvP experience or anything else you feel may be relevant.

Pretty much started raiding since Burning Crusade, I've done literally every raid in BC until every available raid now so far, except for Sunwell Plateu which was pretty out of reach for my guild back then. To go into specifics, I've done every 10man heroic in Wotlk including Icecrown Citadel. In Cataclysm I've done all the 10man heroics except for Ragnaros heroic, and last 7 heroic bosses of Dragon Soul. I've also done plenty of achievements in raids for the 'achievement mounts'. As for the Pandaria expansion, I've only done the normal first half of Mogu'shan Vaults, and all the the other raids were experienced through LFR.

Just to shed some light on why you probably can't find achievements for half of Wotlk content to Cata content is because I rerolled to my Deathknight during that time. My deathknight was transferred to Tarren Mill and her name is Madcocogirl as well. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Madcocogirl/simple

As for PVP, I don't necessarily enjoy it alot. But it was a big must back in TBC to PVP my ass off to get the PVP trinket for Rage Winterchill in Hyjal. So I guess I don't mind going back into again If I have to, otherwise I try to stay away!

4. World of Logs

A link to a recent WoL parse is required. (Should you not have access to a recent log, please record a LFR run. Check here how to do so)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8f28l763e45q5koa/

5. Interface

i) Please post or link a screenshot of your interface in combat. Ideally during a raid encounter, but at a training dummy is acceptable. I actually use the normal blizzard UI since 2006, so I don't think there's anything interesting about it. Worked fine for me till now.
ii) Please detail your major raid addons and outline your keybindings: I use only DBM pretty much for raid encounters. I don't mind getting anything if asked to but there was never the need before.
iii) Technical stuff. How's your PC and connection? Windows 8 Pro i7-2600 CPU 3.4GHz, 64bit. My connection's fine as well. Download speed was 26.80mbs and upload speed was 3.29mbs last time I checked on speedtest.net

6. Previous/Current guilds

Please detail your current and any former guilds and if applicable your reasons for leaving them

1) I've been in Underachievers since beginning of Burning Crusade until start of Wotlk where I left due to the guild going towards a more hardcore raiding route which I couldn't catch up with due to highschool studies back then, so I left to join a more casual guild with some friends of mine called Iris.

2) I joined Iris almost immediately afterwards, we've done normal raids progressively fast, then went on to do doing heroics after being motivated by the fact that we were in the top 5 guilds in terms of raiding. We've annihilated everything in our path really fast too. I stayed with them until near the end of Cataclysm until the officers and I had a misunderstanding about something which we didn't meet eye-to-eye with, so it was decided that it was best that I leave to avoid some sort of guild conflict happening. I took a long time off afterwards from WoW until Pandarean expansion was released.

3) When I came back, I was pretty lost on what guild to join as most of my friends quit the game around the time I left too. I joined a casual guild called Stop Gratz which had some ex-members of Underachievers. The guild fell apart recently due to not having enough people for raids, so the core members left to go find better raiding guilds.

7. Alts

Madcocogirl (deathknight) - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Madcocogirl/simple

Mightyleo (druid) - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Mightyleo/simple

I have a bunch of lvl 80-85s which are idle at the moment, just waiting to be in the mood to start lvling my 4th level 90. Smile

8. Dragons and You!

i) Please tell us your availibility. Our raiding times are posted in the Guild Rules and in order for your application to be considered you will have to ensure that you can fulfil the attendance requirements. Thursday is my favorite day, and I'm sure I can make it for all the other days as well if I become more flexible with my schedule, but I'll give you guys a prior notice if I have an issue which can be discussed between us.
ii) Why do you want to join Dragons? Honestly because I seriously miss raiding alot, and at the moment I have alot of time to spare considering I just finished my January exams. And I know that Dragons is one of the best raiding guilds in the realm as I've seen you guys over the past few years always being in the top 10.
iii) What do you believe you would bring to Dragons? A very dedicated, eye-fetching, shadowpriest who'll try her best to get the work done.
iv) If applicable, please list any current members of Dragons you know and who would vouch for you I don't know anyone, YET! Smile
Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Hi there,

Thanks for your application, we'll discuss it in the Officer Team and get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for questions asked.

Regards,

Cala

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
A few questions that popped up:

Quote:
ii) Please detail your major raid addons and outline your keybindings: I use only DBM pretty much for raid encounters. I don't mind getting anything if asked to but there was never the need before.

- A screenshot of your UI, even while it's standard blizzard, will help us get a view on how you set things up, therefore it's mandatory.

- While using only DBM, how do you, as multidotting shadowpriest, keep track of your debuffs on different targets?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Madcocogirl

Post Reply with quote
Will post the screenshot ASAP.

For keeping track of my DoTs, it might sound ridiculous to you guys who are reliant on addons to warn you, I actually manually keep clicking on 'tab' while mid-cast on spells such as Mind flay or Mindblast to quickly check if there's any need to refresh them. The only trouble which I had with this was only with Kael'thas when trying to DoT all the weapons during that phase to keep the magic debuff up back in TBC. Other then that, I always keeped up with other competitive shadowpriests. Smile

Last edited by Madcocogirl on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Madcocogirl

Post Reply with quote
Here you go!

I just wanna say that I'm open to positive criticism. If there's anything which you may find lacking, I'm all for improving.
Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
No target health % enabled or nameplates? How come?

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Madcocogirl

Post Reply with quote
I usually do enable them during raids, but when I'm doing dailies, which is alot now, I disable it. I just like seeing how much health the target I'm attacking actually has. It's just a personal preference. Very Happy
Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Madcocogirl

Post Reply with quote
As much as I LOVE refreshing every 2 hours to see if I get a new response for the past few days, can I at least get a hint on where I am with my application? Very Happy Not to rush anything, just curious! Thanks.
Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
We're still in the midst of discussing it. Sorry for the wait but please be patient.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Madcocogirl

Post Reply with quote
Oh no worries, was just wondering! Thanks for the response.
Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Sorry about the wait, we've decided to offer you a trial position. Please be aware that due to current numbers, and the state of shadow priests currently, you might find yourself having to sit on the sidelines if we've got too many in the raid.

Send an officer a whisper if you're still interested.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: