ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Krouger DK frost/UH

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Krouger DK frost/UH
krouger

Post Krouger DK frost/UH Reply with quote
1. Personal

Tell us something about yourself making sure to mention at least your age and nationality.
Name : Grewal
Nationality : Norwigean

2. Character

i) Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Krouger/simple
ii) Race, Class, Spec: Human DK frost / UH
iii) /Played time: 68 days havent played in cata at all
iv) Please tell us about your character. We want to see that you know your chosen class through and through. Things you may want to consider (though by no means an exhaustive list): Why do you play your class? What’s your rotation? What do you feel this character brings to a group? What would you change for different encounters? Why have you geared/specced/gemmed/chosen those professions as you have? Why should we consider it instead of anything else?
I was hyped about DK ever since wotlk was announced. I made this chr the day wotlk was out. I played with him throughout wotlk first in quantum than i got this new job so i could not raid during normal raiding hours so i moved it on silvermoon to join a late night guild there but things got more and more difficult in RL so almost didnt raided at all in cata just some casual raids on my shammy with my guild mates now and than. But now things have settled down a bit again and i can raid normally like i used to do back in days, and i see no better place than quelthalas for me to raid again because this is where i started playing wow.
As a frost DK i cant say theres a rotation atm but more of prio system something like :
Soul Reaper when target below 35%
Obliterate when Killing Machine is procced and both diseases are on the target
Diseases
Frost Strike if RP capped
Howling Blast if Rime procced
Obliterate
Frost Strike
Horn of Winter
But i do switch specc for one encounter these days and thats elegon, UH is very very strong specc on that fight, not only u can pest diseases on all those charge thingys but its very strong in execute phase due to stronger Soul reaper. But for frost which i mainly play rest of the time stats go like after capping your hit and exp to 7.5% its Str - Haste - crit - mastery. As for professions im BS and JC for Socket Bracers and Socket Gloves gives 320 strength and 2 x [Bold Serpent's Eye] - 320 str.
DK brings 10% haste buff, damage reduction CD (anti magic zone), a battle rez and a strong melee dps.

3. WoW Experience
Vanilla as holy paladin
I used to play holy paladin back in vanilla serath in truefaith guild i used to be an officer there. We did ZG, MC, BWL, AQ20 think almost all world bosses, upto huhuran in AQ40 and some trash wiping in naxx 40.
TBC as Warrior i was on kilrogg server for sometime when TF stopped raiding but than came back to QT and joined vision. Kara, Gruul, magtheridon, TK and SSC, BT and hyjal and upto twins in sunwell, did both world bosses aswel.
WOTLK as DK
Naxx 10 and 25 did all achi, Malygos, Sarth 3D, 10 and 25 man ulduar with all both glorys, TOTC and TOGC with insanity achievements, 11/12 ICC heroic and RS on normal.
CATA i played casually as enhanc shaman did everything on normal and few heroics here and there and full DS heroic towards teh end of cataclysm.
4. World of Logs
Dont have it atm. But can make one tomorow.

5. Interface

i) Please post or link a screenshot of your interface in combat. Ideally during a raid encounter, but at a training dummy is acceptable.
http://imgur.com/BtzsB this is an old SS but my UI havent changed but just addition of magic runes to the UI.
ii) Please detail your major raid addons and outline your keybindings:
I use 1-7 and have binded my extra mouse buttons + some other for interrupts and stuff. I use magic runes, DBM etc.
iii) Technical stuff. How's your PC and connection?
My is about 2 years old but runs wow just fine about 50+ fps during the encounter, i hardly ever DC or anything.

6. Previous/Current guilds
As mentioned earlier i used to be in truefaith when istarted playing wow, than i moved to kilrogg server when TF stopped raiding and came back to vision again. In wotlk i used to be in quatum and i had to change my raiding times because of my work so i went to a late night guild on silvermoon and have been there ever since and now i can raid in normal hours again thats why i want to come back again.

7. Alts
there are only 3 alts ill ever play its my shaman warrior and lock
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/souljaah/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Strex/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Nexz/

8. Dragons and You!

i) Please tell us your availibility. Our raiding times are posted in the Guild Rules and in order for your application to be considered you will have to ensure that you can fulfil the attendance requirements.
Ill be on for almost 100% raid attendance because your raiding times suits me very well.
ii) Why do you want to join Dragons?
This guild has been around since vanilla and still going strong thats why, and i know some people that are currently in dragons.
iii) What do you believe you would bring to Dragons?
I can bring a loyal old school player who loves to play his class. Can bring decent addition to melee squad
iv) If applicable, please list any current members of Dragons you know and who would vouch for you
I have played with deathstrike, degenerate only those two i currently know of.
Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 am View user's profile Send private message
darealshammy
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Nice application, I will admit I know absolutely nothing about DKs but your explanations seem to make a lot of sense.

We will review within the guild and get back to you soon Smile

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:38 am View user's profile Send private message
Nihal

Post Reply with quote
Hello!
First of all very nice application!
I would ask you somethin in order to check your knowledge about dks now in mop:
1) Why would you spend your Killing Machine procs on Obliterate?
2) Is soul reaper a true dps gain under 35%?
3) If you run in 2H config as i can see from your armory, since the weight of strenghth according to EJ is 1 and the weight of haste is 0.597, isn't it more suitable to switch to 320 haste gems instead of the 160 strenghth ones? But still according to EJ the suggested gem is strength, what do you think about this?
4) Which kind of setup would you run on first and last bosses in mogu'shan vaults, fight with a very strong aoe part?
Also, could you maybe link a Log? Even one from a LFR raid would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time to answert those questions and good luck for your application!
Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 am View user's profile Send private message
Kharienn
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for your application.

Just to highlight Nihal's last point, we do require a log of some sort as part of the application. Should you not have one, the details on how to create one are given in a post at the top of the recruitment forum.
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:22 am View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Re: Krouger DK frost/UH Reply with quote
krouger wrote:
7. Alts
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Nexz/

I'm afraid we've already got a Nexz.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Deepu/advanced I think you mean :p

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 am View user's profile Send private message
krouger

Post Reply with quote
Nihal wrote:
Hello!
First of all very nice application!
I would ask you somethin in order to check your knowledge about dks now in mop:
1) Why would you spend your Killing Machine procs on Obliterate?
2) Is soul reaper a true dps gain under 35%?
3) If you run in 2H config as i can see from your armory, since the weight of strenghth according to EJ is 1 and the weight of haste is 0.597, isn't it more suitable to switch to 320 haste gems instead of the 160 strenghth ones? But still according to EJ the suggested gem is strength, what do you think about this?
4) Which kind of setup would you run on first and last bosses in mogu'shan vaults, fight with a very strong aoe part?
Also, could you maybe link a Log? Even one from a LFR raid would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time to answert those questions and good luck for your application!

1. Because it hits twice as hard as FS and it will crit twice as hard aswel. So wasting KM procs on FS hurts your dps a lot.
2. Yes it is its highest dps gain because it uses 1 rune less than an oblit giving it higher damage per rune.
3. because str has more stat wieght than haste ? sry i didnt properly understood your question but str is still primary stat for DKs.
4. I find frost more suitable for them mainly because on will of the emperor u need brust dps to take the adds down faster. I only use UH at Elegon atm because of the crazy damage boost on dots, makes it lot easier for everyone to kill those orb things and + soul reaper hits like a truck.
I will try to make WOL tonight.

Quote:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Deepu/advanced I think you mean :p

Thats my brother Razz
Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
krouger

Post Reply with quote
heres the WOL
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dk9mbqdx2y9c9dj9/

towards the end of gajral i terribly lagged for some reason...
Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Orixa

Post Reply with quote
Same Krouger who was in Quantum? If so, hey & good luck mate Smile

Ps. Weren't you Munja's brother? Where is he atm, still raiding? I've been trying to get in touch with him over the last few months but no luck.
Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
krouger

Post Reply with quote
Orixa wrote:
Same Krouger who was in Quantum? If so, hey & good luck mate Smile

Ps. Weren't you Munja's brother? Where is he atm, still raiding? I've been trying to get in touch with him over the last few months but no luck.

hey Orixa its nice to hear from you mate, hes still around playing undead rogue on a pvp server. I think he will be coming to quel'thalas soon aswel Wink
Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
Orixa

Post Reply with quote
Good to hear you're both still around & good luck with the app!
Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
krouger

Post Reply with quote
thnx orixa Smile

got a few upgrades in gear, 479 ilevel now
Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
darealshammy
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Accepted for trial, pls /w one of the officers for an invite.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: