Post YIMO - gnome mage Reply with quote
1. Personal

Name: Koen Van Spitaels
Nationality: Belgian

2. Character

i) Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Jimo/simple
ii) Race, Class, Spec: Gnome mage
iii) /Played time: 654 days
iv) Please tell us about your character, why do you play your class?
I initially started playing wow during beta on my warrior but only rerolled mage at the start of Burning Crusade. My mage is really where I have the most frequent lifetime of raid experience. It's just the most fun class I ever played and always will keep playing

We want to see that you know your chosen class through and through:
I still have to break my head over all the changes made for MoP but it still looks like the same game to me

What do you feel this character brings to a group?
We bring high dmg and make the raid smarter but as a long time player I well know like no other staying alive is prior to everthing. I think if you understand new content + your own skill it should always be a good combination

3. WoW Experience

The armory doesnt show everything earlier then when the achievement system got in place so you'll have to take my word on that I've done all raid contents that blizzard ever created down from the original ZG to Firelands. I only raided DS with LFR as I was a bit burned out over the summer.

Maybe Kithy can prove I was raiding in ZG, I think she was there aswell, or Anarki...its been so long

5. Interface
I mainly use Tukui and the basic stuff, Im not the kind of player who has recount and bigwigs on. We learned to raid without that in the old days

ii) Please detail your major raid addons and outline your keybindings:
Everything is keybinded + razor naga

iii) Technical stuff. How's your PC and connection?
Self build nuclear reactor

6. Previous/Current guilds
Dragons
Neg
Risen Phoenix
Highborne
Ensidia
Intensity

8. Dragons and You!

Im willing to submit time in raiding, I work office hours most of the time so that wont be any issue
1 week per month Im on call I then it is difficult for me to attend any raid

ii) Why do you want to join Dragons?
Besides the history of Dragons I think its sounds right to apply for a guild where I initially got the first chance to raid so many years ago. Its just amazing that you still stand after so long

iii) What do you believe you would bring to Dragons?
Myself and my gnome, lets take it from there

iv) If applicable, please list any current members of Dragons you know and who would vouch for you
Anarki and Kithy, maybe some other old timers

All the best

Yimo
Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Yimo wrote:
I still have to break my head over all the changes made for MoP but it still looks like the same game to me

You'd think so.

After having a talk here and there, it's clear you're raid competent. However, I'd like to ask a few things for myself if that's okay?

Firstly, what do you know about mages in their current state? Hit caps, haste caps, reforge priorities, spells to use when and where and in what situations. All that kind of jazz. Obviously you've yet to get raid experience at all at level 90 but just as a quick guide to show what sort of "homework" you've done.

Secondly, raid hours and activity. Are you completely able to put 4 nights per week into raiding? Except for the 1 week per month where you're on call.

Lastly, and most importantly, as a gnome, how much abuse are you able to take?

Cheers for the application.

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
yimo

Post Reply with quote
That's ok

I haven't read up on stats etc but honestly straight up it won't take me a second to get the flow running once again. These principles have always been the same and as far as I could see there are no added stats introduced for mages and even if there where re-prioritizing them would just mean an extra hour in front of the dummy which is exactly what Im going to do anyway to get somewhat raid prepped again.

At least I've been told they made up many new mechanics to the games boss and mobs abilities which is refreshing, finally. It must be said I haven't had any experience in the level 90 raid content but at least it won't be the same story all over again so I'll take it from there.

My standard work schedule, on a monthly base, is 1 week and 1 weekend. Luckily schedule gets well planned in front but as I function as a freelance shipping agent it's heavely dependant on maritime industry. So I might just have a very relaxing duty or a crazy 48 hrs with no sleep.
As for rest of days it's back to office working days which cause no problem to raid in the evenings.

Behind a computer I am a robot but I do enjoy a free evening every once in a while.

In wow's first year (around Christmas this was) I opened a gnome bar in Ironforge. People would start to join and sit around the table. In my farmer's outfit, I collected as much ale as I could carry in my bags and started "/" walking around the table taking people's orders. As I was selling beers for 5 copper each...suddenly a human female came knocking, jumped on the table and started dancing for everyone in the bar to watch and cheer so I gave her 5 copper aswell. Well...That's the day I met Kithy, I hope she remembers Smile

All the best

Yimo
Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
kithy

Post Reply with quote
Yimozako !

hehe I'm not quite sure that's what happened, but I remember well Kara, TK, SSC long time ago Smile and there are more players here that you know.

I also found some old post here, even a picture Wink

gl on apply

Kithy

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
yimo

Post Reply with quote
Greetings Priest!

There where tables in Kara aswell Smile and indeed I saw some familiar names, Oge, Anoran

We'll see what happens

All the best

Yimo
Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 am View user's profile Send private message
Khaalima

Post Reply with quote
Nice apply, we deff need a gnome for our raiding team!!

Yimo is a good name for a gnome btw, did u get it from http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=53953?
recommend that movie for every1 that has not seen it, its the best wow animated movie ever made imo.

anyways, good luck Smile
Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
yimo

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Yimo is a good name for a gnome btw, did u get it from http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=53953?

Ye that 'movie' got me inspired to choose the name, I also just like the name.
Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Accepted for Trial.

/w an Officer in-game for an invite on the condition that you level and gear up asap.

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: