Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Khaalima - resto druid

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Khaalima - resto druid
Khaalima

Post Khaalima - resto druid Reply with quote
Hello, my name is Henrik, I am a 30 year old/young dude from sweden.
Been playing wow for around 6 years with 1 year brake during the end of wotlk-start of cata.
I love raiding, mostly cuz of the teamwork needed, single player games bore me after awhile.
I am really into theory crafting, EJ is my most read wow site, after that comes warlock den, then mmo and wow insider ect.
to clarify, when i say i love theory crafting i dont mean i understand or can contribute with the math behind the classes i play, but more like thinking up tweaks on tactics based on ability's, 1 good example is when me and cala handled the adds on saurfang hc on 10 man, with me as healer taunting adds back and forth so cala could kill them. I love spending time when not raiding thinking up things like that.

2. Character

i) Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Khaalima/advanced
ii) Race, Class, Spec: Nelf druid, resto.
iii) /Played time: jikes... 168 days on my druid, DONT ask me for a combined /played on all my chars! Cuz that is scary Razz
iv) My druid was the first char i created in vanilla, I liked the aspect of the druid class, shapeshifters that could fullfill any role. I quickly fell in love with healing, and when BC hit and tree of life form was intruduced I was hocked Smile
I love the healing style of druids, imo blizz has ruined us a little bit in cata, with going from 3 hots to spread around the raid to only having rejuv. but i digress...
I love the mobility of druids, poping into cat form and hitting dash is such a good ability, that + barkskin and naturs grasp means its almost impossible to die from adds chasing me.
Stampiding roar is very handy as well for raid utility reasons. Many people underestimate speed and mobility in this game, when (imo) thats probebly 1 of the most important things to be good at.

As far as rotations go druids are easy to play, spread around rejuv while keeping lifebloom x3 stacked on a tank, for aoe wildgrowth. for a fast/direct heal regrowth and/or swiftmend is your friend. imo any1 can do it and do it ok, to become better then the avrage nab u meet in LFR its all down to knowing when to use what spell, and when to move, when to pop your barkskin, when to use tranq or ToL cd ect ect.
I could go on and on with small things that makes the diffrance between a good and a ok resto druid, but you guys will prob fall asleep if i do, feel free to ask me in /w in game or reply here if you want a better answer Smile
gem/enchants wise, up until patch 2005 haste was the goal to aim for, for extra tics of your hots, after that mastery was the way to go.
I predict this will not change much in MoP, meaning haste will prob be the best stat until u reach a haste threshold, after that mastery and lastly crit. spirit will be higher then these depending on your mana regen ofc.
Proffestions: alchemy and herbing, altho herbing is bad for a pve proff, it works so good for druids, thanks to flyform (can herb without leaving flyform) and for this reason i have never changed it.

3. WoW Experience

My proudest achievements in wow is without a doubt working for 3 weeks on Vashj and finally killing her when she was still considered to be a guild destroyer Smile got my hand of A´dal title as well before wotlk hit. this was when Rofp was at its peak imo, so i dont want to take to much credit for myself for these things, as they where a team effort Smile
After that id say the raid team i was part of in Uld was also very good, we got some realm first achiv and where not to far behind on progg on some of the hardmode bosses in there. And did very well in icc (this was a core group of 10-12 people in rofp that we ran raids aside from our 25man raids)

4. World of Logs

Dont have one sad to say, nor do i find running a LFR particularly fun, so I will leave this empty.
If you guys really want 1 ofc I will get one for you, but if you ask dareal or cala or cordle they can probably tell you that i tend to do well when healing. And that I also tend to go over wol a lot and analyze myself and in general the raids performances. Just let me know if you want me to sort one for you or not Smile

5. Interface

i) http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n572/henrik81_t/WoWScrnShot_120611_214819.jpg
(My druid has not been my main during DS, so I have not spent to much time tweaking UI on him, this is a bit old screenshot, atm its looking a bit better, but the same frames and addons running)

ii) For healing there is no addon i have tried so far that beats Vuhdo, it basicly does everything you want it to do for healing purposes, i also use DBM, and for my own spell cds and timers ect I am a big fan of powerauras. I keybind my important spells, like barkskin, HS, ect, i must admit i do click some of my cds, cuz of lack of keybinds within reach of my fingers Razz

iii) I cant tell you to much tech stuff about my pc sad to say, I am a nuub in this regard.
I can tell you it runs wow on highest settings without issues, i have never DCed during ultraxion, even when running combat log addons like skada, witch caused many players in rofp to dc.
I got a 100MB fiber optics internet so no issues there.

6. Previous/Current guilds

I was a longterm member of Reflection of perfection, joined them around 5 years ago.
Raided fulltime with them during BC and Wotlk, at the very end of wotlk i went traveling in Asia and Australia for one year, when I got back during cata (a little while after FL was realesed) i started raiding again, but rofp had changed very much by then, most of my closest friends and the best players had left the guild by then or stopped playing, and rofp was struggling a lot.
slowly over a period of around 9 months i started to relise that I dident feel like I belonged there anymore, so I left a few months ago, at the same time taking a brake from wow, since I was also very fed up with DS, witch imo is the most boring raid ever made in wow.

7. Alts
Please provide Armory links for any seriously played alts

My warlock was my main during BC and also during FL and DS, my prefered spec has always been demo, even during BC when every1 was destro

During wotlk I also played a lot on my prot pala Athên But i havent played her since then.

I also have a mage at lvl 85 named Skunkstinker that i made in order to mock a friend of mine name skunkwalker (if u dont know who that is its understandable, his dps is so poor not many people remember him) Razz

Got also a resto shaman named Gizboid

8. Dragons and You!

i) now we come to my only issue, my availibility, I work at an airport, and that normaly means shift hours, so i work evenings sometimes and weekends ect.
during my time in rofp i managed around 75-85% attendance tho, so its not like I will miss a lot of raids, but atm i cant promise 100% attendance, I am looking for a new job tho so this will maybe change.

ii) Why i want to join dragons, well after rofp you guys have always been my number 2 favorite guild, mostly cuz i love the name Smile
But the number 1 reason is cuz many of the friends i have that left rofp ended up with you guys, and I miss playing with them.
Also you guys are the longest standing 25 man raiding guild left on server, thats impressive, and very tempting to be part of.

iii) A solid healer that will contribute with advise, maybe a joke to lighten the mood when appropriate, I tend to spend a lot of time online, so can help out with random stuff during non raid times, got alts for 10 man runs if needed ect... I also spend a lot of time going over wol, comparebot, and generally can help out to point out stuff i notice there (if asked)

iv) I wont go and look at your rooster, so i might forget some1 here, but here goes.
Mysti my Seriously favorite girl in wow... Seriously!
Papa smurf, u might know him as Dareal, the most slacking meele dpser I have ever known Razz
I also think one of rofps most naab huntards joined you guys, goes by the name Cala something!
Glojn the drunk warrior
Oge and his succubus Pucci.
skunk is rumored to have sneaked into dragons as well, does he ask for tricks and FM here as well? Smile
One of my favorite ret palas is also lurking around here, Telperion the wise! defender of the bunnies! wielder of the truth!
QT the deviant priest!
Cordle the man lover!
thats all i can remember, if i forgot someone i apologize:)

Lastly, since I took a brake around 3+ months ago when i left RofP, my current gear and gems and ect are not really optimal. Cuz of this i understand you might feel i wont cut it in DS hc atm, and thats fine, this apply is aimed at finding a guild for MoP, I am ofc willing and free to help out if needed before then, just keep in mind if so that I am a bit rusty and far behind gearwise ect, and also i havent even tried last 2 bosses on hc, up till warmaster im up to speed on hc tactics tho.

anyways, thanks for reading this far. And also, my wow name has always been Keto, so feel free to address me as that, if thats to confusing khaalima is ofc also ok Smile
Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
darealshammy
Officer

Post Reply with quote
OMG this application makes me so happy, one of the nicest and skilled players that I have ever played with. Would be amazing to raid and be in the same guild as Keto again Smile

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Keto <3,

Glad to see you made up your mind and applied dude ^^

*clears throat and switches to officer-mode*

Hey Keto,

Thank you for your application, we'll discuss it in the officerteam and get back to you. In the meantime please keep an eye out for questions asked.

The Dragons Officer Team

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Khaalima wrote:
skunk is rumored to have sneaked into dragons as well, does he ask for tricks and FM here as well?

He even asks for gold and boosts, such a noob.

Khaalima wrote:
Lastly, since I took a brake around 3+ months ago when i left RofP, my current
gear and gems and ect are not really optimal. Cuz of this i understand you might feel i wont cut it in DS hc atm

Don't worry about gear at the moment. At this stage, a week until Mists hits, we aren't concerned with how epically decked out your character is. In fact, it isn't something we would be concerned with anyway. Just enough to show you know how to gear properly, you have knowledge of the right stats to pick with their priorities and that the gear is adequately cared for with gems and enchants.

Good application, by the way.

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Accepted for trial, /w any of the officers for an invite.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Jydda

Post Reply with quote
Krisandra wrote:
Khaalima wrote:
skunk is rumored to have sneaked into dragons as well, does he ask for tricks and FM here as well?

Don't forget the PI-begging!
Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Arya

Post Reply with quote
well grats and good luck in your trial, always nice to have another decent tree around Smile
Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Skunkwalker

Post Reply with quote
Jydda wrote:
Krisandra wrote:
Khaalima wrote:

Don't forget the PI-begging!

You have had PI macro for me since Herald in 2010. I didnt have to ask for it !

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
James

Post Reply with quote
He didn't mention his gnome fetish.

Welcome, Keto!
Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:58 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: