ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Combat Rogue

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Combat Rogue
Garatu

Post Combat Rogue Reply with quote
1. Personal

Tell us something about yourself making sure to mention at least your age and nationality.

I'm josh,
16 years old,
British citizen,
Student.

I'm Down to earth, I'm only up for raiding if we wipe, It's known to be a progession thing, If the wipes are progressive then there will be nothing to complain about, But if the same mistake is continued over and over, Then people are going to get mad, Not directing that at me.

I can deal with the fact of raiding either it be wiping or friendly critism doesn't bother me a single bit, I can help you, you can help me.

2. Character

i) Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Garatu/advanced

ii) Race, Class, Spec: Night elf, Rogue, Ms Combat / Os Sub.

iii) /Played time: 47 days , 19 hours

iv) Please tell us about your character. We want to see that you know your chosen class through and through. Things you may want to consider (though by no means an exhaustive list): Why do you play your class? What’s your rotation? What do you feel this character brings to a group? What would you change for different encounters? Why have you geared/specced/gemmed/chosen those professions as you have? Why should we consider it instead of anything else?

Why do you play your class?
-Why i play rogue, I started playing rogue with just my friends and just thought this is a fun class, Cap arena every weekend or what ever the fact maybe, Then i started pugging Ds10 Runs and started to pick up the rotation of my class very fast and its very simple to maximize my dps and keep an eye on what everyone else is doing within the raid.

What’s your rotation?
-(start with Tol'vir pot) Sinister strike x4 + 1 revealing strike, (5 combo points) Used on Slice and dice / Repeat rotation but instead of slice and dice => Changed to Eviscerate x2- until slice and dice is down. (always keeping up adrenaline rush + Killing spree) This is my Primary rotation.

-Fast Burst (Tol'Vir pot) adrenaline rush + sinister strike x4 + 1 Revealing strike ( 5 combo points) => Slice and dice , Then x2 eviscerate- , Then Repeat with Slice and dice ; Adrenaline rush is off cool down also with killing spree and repeat, (this method will only be used on heroism @ the start of the fight)

Soak cool downs say for ultraxion , (If im in group 1, i will use Cloak of shadows + Fient to survive the Hour of Twilight) - And for HoT (4) it will be my group again, With the same rotation because cloak only has a 2 minuet cool down.

What do you feel this character brings to a group?
-I Bring my self, Full of confidence and everything can be done with no problem, I bring everything i need before raid so i don't need to leave my computer at an unnecessary time.

What would you change for different encounters?
- I would change nothing of any encounter i believe dragon soul is just a joke it'self and i'm really hoping MoP is what it says to be and not some sell out content like Cata, Hated every waking moment of it, But i'm still strong!

Why have you geared/specced/gemmed/chosen those professions as you have?
-Geared and spec'd , My gear is amazing i guess for 2-3 runs of dragon soul i have no problem with it and do more damage than some.
-My friend had been a rogue since TBC and know's every step of his class, So we both worked out the talent tree and whats best for it in Cata, I think we've done a good job, Having a look around at most rogues we have the same talent tree and know what all of our abilities do.
-Gemmed, I have some 40+ agility gems in there and i have some 50 agility gems in there, Costy but affordable.
-Professions, Havn't chosen any yet, I was going for 525 Jc and 525 Leather working but this realm isn't cheap so i'll most likey have them to professions up before MoP.

Why should we consider it instead of anything else?
-You shouldn't trust anyone but yourself, But i'm a man of my word, I never go back on it either.

3. WoW Experience

We are especially interested in the raids/bosses/achievements you did while they were still current. Try to be as detailed as you can. Please also feel free to list any high level PvP experience or anything else you feel may be relevant.

BWD N (cleared)
TFW N (cleared)
BoT N (cleared)
Firelands N (cleared)
Firelands H (4/7 cleared)
Dragon Soul N (cleared) x4 chars
Dragon Soul H (1/8Hc) x4 chars
Dragon Soul H (2/8Hc) x2 chars
Dragon Soul H (6/8Hc) x1 char

Passionate for raiding. But Really havn't raided much of Cata, Away a lot on holiday and spending time with family.

4. World of Logs

A link to a recent WoL parse is required. (Should you not have access to a recent log, please record a LFR run. Check here how to do so)

Vice Hasn't Uploaded any WoL Logs, Client isn't showing so i cannot do anything until i'm in a guild or something what the guide said Surprised

5. Interface

i) Please post or link a screenshot of your interface in combat. Ideally during a raid encounter, but at a training dummy is acceptable.

http://i.imgur.com/gNDJw.jpg?1
Using LuI If you like it

ii) Please detail your major raid addons and outline your keybindings:
Deadly boss mods (Sound on to hear countdowns)
Recount
Miks Combat scrolling text
Bartender4
Grid for healing classes

Keybinds, I have a razer naga which helps me out ALOT for fast and efficient abilities to be casted.
1234567890-= ( First bar)
SHIFT+1234567890-= (top bar)
F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6,F7,F8,F9,F10, 2 Abilites for MoP Maybe. (bottom bar)

iii) Technical stuff. How's your PC and connection?
ZiBox
AMD FX QUAD CORE
ATI HD 6770
16GB RAM 1TB
WINDOWS 7

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2125216971.png

6. Previous/Current guilds
Please detail your current and any former guilds and if applicable your reasons for leaving them

Vice made me feel very awkward and very difficult to do my job correctly, And they only needed me when there wasn't anyone else to take up that spot,But they would replace me half way through a raid for someone with worse gear + dps than me.

Left Vice joined Blood Roses because i got randomly invited and their progress is 4/8 normal, No more needs to be said :>

7. Alts
Main paladin (holy) - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodfeather/Chelx/advanced
Rogue - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Garatu/advanced
Hunter - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Ta%C3%ADwan/advanced
Death knight - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/M%C3%B3%C3%B2nl%C3%A9%C3%A0f/advanced

8. Dragons and You!

i) Please tell us your availibility. Our raiding times are posted in the Guild Rules and in order for your application to be considered you will have to ensure that you can fulfil the attendance requirements.

I can fulfil 100% attendance and on time to raid, I bring everything to the pc, food drink ect so i don't waste time while having a break.

ii) Why do you want to join Dragons?
Dragons is a known and populated guild over the server with people who know and can play their class better than others, Which is what i like, I like to play with people who know more than me or just the same amount as me about my class (or their class)

iii) What do you believe you would bring to Dragons?
A lot of skill and progression for MoP if i am needed.

iv) If applicable, please list any current members of Dragons you know and who would vouch for you.
I havn't spoken to any of the members in there apart from an officer which was very nice, Thank you.

P.S , i learn and develop from my mistakes and turning it into perfection.

-josh xoxo

Last edited by Garatu on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:35 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Daikyu

Post Reply with quote
Hai there, before you make an apply too one of the top raiding guilds on the server your Char should be maxed as good as you can ( proffs ) and please don't log out in pvp gear.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Garatu

Post Reply with quote
my paladin is in the best alliance guild, (Replicant) Bloodfeather, Without maxed proffs, I'm not saying i'm not getting them to 525 i'm slowly getting there.

Thanks for reading - josh
Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:42 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Arya

Post Reply with quote
While i dont think that the current status of your professions will directly influence your application, you will be expected to not ignore 160 points of a useful stat that you get via 2 professions in order to join progress raiding.
You seem (unlike other "British citizens") to be able to construct sentences that dont make my eyes bleed, which always fills me with happiness.
In the bottom part of your application, you didnt state anything about your attendance, but i take it that you will be able to make it to our raid times which are listed in the guild rules.
I will have to nag about missing enchants on helm and shoulders, which simply are required, i hate the rep grind (at least for the shoulders) myself, but its got to be done.
I had a look at your paladin, which looks solid (apart from 43spirit into 43Expertise reforging, im gonna blame that on a missclick) and enchanted, so im not too worried about gear optimizing of your main(s).
Unfortunately i happen to be completely clueless about rogues in endgame so i wont comment about specifics of that toon.
Nice little app you posted, good luck in your endeavour to impress the people that actually matter Smile
Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Garatu

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much?

As i clearly tried to state, my Rogue was made to play with friends.
(Pve side of things) had no intention of raiding on my rogue what so ever.
I don't understand by your statement "Unlike other british citizens", Rather rude wasn't it ?

I can commit to raids, 100% always on time and ready to raid, on what ever char.

You seem like a nice guy so i have no reason to hate, But a first impression is the last impression.
Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:41 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kharienn
Officer

Post Reply with quote
On a train so I'll have a look at this when I get home. What I will say though is that a WoL parse is not optional. Please see the top of the recruitment forum for how to upload a parse from LFR.
Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Garatu

Post Reply with quote
Can i join the guild on WoL Otherwise it will not let me use the client :O
Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:26 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Arya

Post Reply with quote
also, "unlike other british citizens" refered to previous applications in this forum, some of them were a terrible read. so it was actually just a compliment for your nice to read app.
Rude of me indeed, but not towards you.
again, best of luck Wink
Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Garatu

Post Reply with quote
Why are you so nice?! :>
Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Hey Garatu,

Thank you for your application.

Unfortunately your experience, nor the state of your armory page, nor the style of answers you've given so far in this forum have given us reason to believe you fit the profile we're looking for, hence we have to decline your application.

Good luck finding a suitable guild.

Kind regards,

The Dragons Officer Team.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Garatu

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your time Smile
Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:06 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: