Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Docoda - Flexible

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Docoda - Flexible
Docoda

Post Docoda - Flexible Reply with quote
This application is for any spot as talked about with Anarki himself. (Druid, Monk, Lock,…)

1. Personal: The life of Docoda

Good day everyone,
Many recall me in different ways, a lot of u know me and I also made myself quite a reputation in the past, both bad and good. Nonetheless I quit playing WoW at Christmas, my concentration dropped, my dps dropped with it and I got burned out basically. But now I'm back because I want to withness MoP and because I miss a lot of friends I made, many of them are now in Dragons.

I'm Belgian, 18 years old now. I'm going to study Applied Computer Science. I'm a pureblood gamer. During the time I didn't play I played some hardcore League of Legends, where I got in the esports scene (although not as gamer) but as manager, and I learned much from all these experiences. I like to call myself perfectionist in playing games. I constantly try to theorycraft and find all the information I need to Maximize my output, specialize in what I do. Both in WoW and LoL, aswell as in other games. As I grew older I got more experience in life, and my personality got shapen. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to the real life. Gaming distracts me a lot so I sometimes don't hear what other people say... I’m a nice person though, I can be very friendly and even a real gentleman if I want to Very Happy. I got a good temper over time, It takes quite some time to make me mad, I even learned to have a good laughter with it. I’m shy though against people in the real world, not when I talk over the internet.
I started playing wow at new year of 2008. It took me till Wotlk to reach max level on a char. I met Calairiel in real life and he made me play on Quel’Thalas.

For guildmembers:
I know some of u might remember some bad things or behavior of me. I know some of u people don’t know me and recall the bad things and storys of the past. I also know a lot of people in the guild know me, most of them since Wotlk. I was a kid when I started playing WoW. I’m an adult now. The past is the past. I am who I am now. A lock that got mature and got to know his bad sides and good sides, that learned how to handle things. Thank you Smile

2. Character

I) Armory link:
• Docoda: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/docoda/advanced
• Repion (Druid): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/repion/advanced
Note that gear is out of date cause I didn’t play for a while. Also some gear might not be enchanted/gemmed yet

II) Race, Class, Spec:
Human Warlock: Spec differs on situation
Worgen Druid: Mained healer, well also know how to tank (got some gear for that), Knows how to play boomkin (Also got some gear for that, But couldn’t get that high dps cause of the low weapon ilvl, bad trinkets etc.), Least known with cat.
Sidenote: Dwarf DK: Mained tank in wotlk, play every spec

III) /Played time:

Warlock: 149 days
Druid: 21 days (Wow :O)
Death Knight: 20 days
Also a lot of combined days on a lot of other chars.

IV) About my characters:

General attitude:
I’m a theorycrafter, a man that needs all the information on what he plays. I look up everything what I need. I check simulationcraft, I check BiS lists, I try to see for myself what the best possible gear setup is that I can get at that moment. I try to find good addons, try to find the perfect spell rotations, the special moments u can cast a spell to increase dps. The small gaps that make a difference. Everything that does that little bit of increased dps of healing. By example: When DS came live Incinerate became better as filler then Shadow bolt. So I immediately changed my rotation and talents for it.

Warlock:

I play that class just cause I love playing the ranged damage role. I kinda chose it when talking to cala about going to play on his server. I felt that was the class that fit me. Having pets, having funny things, enslaving demons, an eye that can fly… A lock brings a huge amount of dps to a group if played well. He is exceptional well in 2 target situations. He brings buffs through his pets, he brings a rezz and ONE wonderful thing: Healthstones. Also the fact they were the only one that could banish elementals was good. The dark intent buff is a huge boost for a spriest by example. A lock also has the needed mobility with his portal. A lock can BURST so amazingly hard. A lock is just evil. No discussion Very Happy

For a lock gear is kinda basic. Try to reach extra dot thicks through haste. Keep hit cap. The only exception is Demonology where u need mastery after u reach the corruption breakpoint by example. I change my spec based on encounters. Especially during progress or if the boss is still hard. Having affliction for 2 target fights is great. Demo where u really can stay on the boss. Or when u need that huge aoe. Destro is also great for the stun and also good in 2 target fights and bursting.

Druid:
I got this as an alt just because I love the shape changing but also because I really wanted to heal. A druid is such a flexible and strong healer. The fact it has hots, just like a warlock their dots, is also a plus point. A druid brings insane aoe healing if played as a healer. As a boomkin u get some very nice multi target dotting, a passive aoe, You can even heal in emergency cases. The spells of a boomkin burst insanely hard. As a tank a druid is exceptional good at dealing with and tanking aoe encounters. Their aggro management is really good.

Because you got a specific role as a Druid u don’t have to change that often. Of course I do have an offset and tank/healing offspec if necessary. Sometimes you need to take a different point in your talent tree because you need a bit more survivability or a CC.

I gem to what I need. Mostly +max int or I take the best secondary stat (haste) in a yellow socket if the bonus is giving greater or equal + int then putting in all int gems. For gear just get highest ilvl (cause of most Int) and Hit;spirit/haste | Haste/mastery. I still need to finish my professions as I mainly played my druid as alt, but mained it nearing DS. It would probably be something like JC/Leatherworking. JC cause of the nice bonuses the 3 better gems give. And Leatherworking cause I can make myself good gear (especially in the early stages of MoP) but also got the improved leg armor.
I just like the Druid in MoP. I love the talents, I love symbiosis,… I know so much about druids and I got quite experienced with (especially as healer) because I went healing Firelands hc for Endeavour and even did the first Ragnaros tries with it. Even though my gear was bad I did very well with it. As a boomkin I would always aim for the highest dps possible while keeping my head clear and concentrated on all the different mechanics going on. I will give provide the utility a Druid has at the points in the fight you need it. Also I would be encouraged to become one of the better Druids seen. I set goals and I want to reach them.
About the rotation, It’s been quite a time, although I still know the Lunar/Solar system and all the mechanics involved. Also remember the refreshing of dot part, special buffs, openings, power management. Just need a bit of refreshing before MoP hits.

Note that I apply for what is needed. Boomkin, Monk,... as discussed with Anarki

3. WoW Experience

Vanilla: None
TBC: None (sadly took a year for leveling there)

Wotlk:
I kinda was the pug king till halfway ICC

Naxxramas: No progression when it was current
Ulduar: No progression when it was current
Totc: 5/5, Possibly 1/5 hc when it was current.
ICC: 12/12 (I think 5% debuff), 11/12 hc (nearing end of Wotlk)

Cata:

BWD/Tot4w/BoT: 12/12; 8/13 hc
Firelands: 7/7; 6/7 hc (Beth’thilac done on Druid, Druid 5/7 Majordomo on Lock 5/7)
DS: 7/8; 1/8 (Did the server 2nd kill with Druid in Endeavour just before I quit.)

Any special achievements:
Herald of the Titans: Almost had it but I made a mistake in behavior, ended me losing spot.

4. World of Logs
Left out. Gear is not up to date and I’m not doing that much serious stuff anymore till MoP probably

5. Interface

I) Screenshot of interface:

II) Major raid addons and outline of keybindings:

- Deadly Boss mods: I still got this for the warnings
- ElvUI: Gives me this UI, healthbars, the CD timers on the spell icons, it gives a lot in one addon
- Tellmewhen: The spell/effects icons on my screen tell me what buff I got, duration, what spells are off cd and ready to use, what debuff the enemy is missing.
- Omen3: For the aggro
- Recount: not necessary but keeps track of dps. Put it off a lot during fights. Gives lag sometimes.

For my keybindings:
I use 1234567890 on my mouse as soon as I configured it. Is ready when MoP hits. (got mouse after I quit)
ZQSD to walk. AEFWX shit, ctrl, Middle mouse button, shift scroll up and down.

Macros:
#showtooltip Moonwell Chalice
/castsequence Moonwell Chalice, Metamorphosis

&

#showtooltip
/cast Incinerate (example)
/petattack

Things like that

III) Technical stuff. PC and connection

Just before or just after MoP launches I will have a new full game computer. Now I play on a laptop with like 20-30 fps. My connection is great.

6. Previous/Current guilds

Illuminati: Social. I made someone mad and got kicked… Don't know what it all was about.

Outbreak: Guild during Wotlk. First raiding guild experience. Basically some officer did like mutery and took over my crew. People turned against me. Guild fell soon after.

Reflection of perfection: I joined the guild cause I wanted to raid with friends. I knew a lot of people in it. Joined end of Wotlk and left when the progress on first raids normal was pretty far. Was in the core 10 man group that raided early. Quit cause my times wouldn’t allow me

Endeavour: So this was the guild I really started to hardcore raid in. A guild who wanted to reach the nr. 1 spot on the server. I had a goal always and had the courage to go on. My peak of raiding with them was during Firelands. I had a lot of fun in the raiding with them and loved the way they handled it. Basically nearing the end of firelands some people disliked me but I also started to play very very bad. So after a while I turned to heal on my Druid a bit. Did Morchok HC. Then stopped playing.

7. Alts
• Iceist (DK): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Iceist/simple
• Grivin (Rogue): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Grivin/simple

8. Dragons and You!

I) Availibility: Can raid everyday from 5pm till 12pm/1am

II) Why do I want to join Dragons?

I play this game to be with friends and to raid. I need something to go for. Action. Trying to achieve something as a group. So raiding with Dragons would make me stay in this game and keep playing. A lot of my good friend are in the guild. I want to mean something for it. Want to bring Dragons to the top together with the other raiders. I want to be part of a big family and I want to be surrounded by friends and the players in heart and blood.

III) What do you believe you would bring to Dragons?
A solid raider. With quite some experience on the little bit higher level. Not as much experience from back in vanilla but I bring someone who knows what to do. Who knows the game, the mechanics, his class. Who keeps himself encouraged to play and sets himself a goal every time again.

IV) Current members of Dragons I know and who would vouch for me

I think:
Mysti, Cala, Anarki himself, Dareal, Skunk, QT, Gnolp. Don’t know if people like Koryz, Theioden, Wedel remember me.
Also a lot of socials I know.

Thank you for reading this. I hope I get a chance and that I will raid soon with everyone!.

Sincerely,
Docoda or how some people of Endeavour tend to call me: Da Kodo

PS. If someone has questions or wants to have a talk with me, just poke me ingame.
Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Daikyu

Post Reply with quote
Just roll a hunter and it's all good ^^

Gl with the apply tho!

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 am View user's profile Send private message
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Accepted for trial, /w any officer for an invite.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
Koryz

Post Reply with quote
I remember you, kinda hard to forget you from back then.

Good luck, nice apply.

Believe those who are seeking the truth, doubt those who find it.
Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: