Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Theioden : Prot pala

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Theioden : Prot pala
Theioden

Post Theioden : Prot pala Reply with quote
Personal: Character name is theioden, real name is Neil. I am 21 and from Rugby, England.

Character details:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Quel%27Thalas/theioden/advanced

Currently playing human protection paladin, 405 equipped ilvl, 400 holy os.
Although this race is not the most viable for tanking, it was the first race i chose back when i originally made this character, i would however be prepared to change to a more viable tanking race if needed, dwarf for the 10% dmg cd ect.

My gearing and spec choices are fairly standard as there are not a wide variety of choices available for protection paladin atm. I am currently using Morchokk hc shoulders as my offspec peice as the alternatives are much less viable. Some high ranking paladins have been seen to use the heroic spine shoulders due to high mastery making the ctc cap much easier to reach, however i have not killed spine heroic yet so do not have the luxury to test these in raid combat.

I am gemming almost entirely pure stamina, at this point of gear the ctc cap is fairly easy to reach via reforging, any excess stats i have left over i have poured into stamina. I have found this largely the most effective gemming strategy for increasing my survivability. Some paladins have been seen to pour extra stats into parry and dodge while lowering their block chance, although this is certainly a viable alternative, i have found stamina to be much more effective in this tier. This is due to the fact that the main sources of damage in this tier of raiding is either magic damage, or largely unavoidable forms of melee damage ( focused assault, impale ect). This means that actual melee swings from the boss are a very low percentage of damage income compared to other tiers of raiding, making pure avoidance stats less attractive. Putting excess stats directly into stamina thus significantly increasing my health pool has lead to the most increased survivability i have found thus far.

My talent points may be fairly irregular as of this post, the reason being the guild i am currently in were trying heroic spine and i was tweaking some talent choices to optimise myself for the blood tank role (run speed increase ect). Rest assured unless for a specific reason talents /glyphs ect will be setup optimally.

My rotation is a fairly simple priority system and is as followed :

aoe:

Avengers shield, preferably targetting furthest away caster mobs to silence leading to tighter grouping if any are present,
hammee of the righteous,
inquisition on 3 holy power,
avengers shield with grand crusader proc,
consecration,
judgement,
holy wrath.

Single target:

Divine plea before pull,
avengers shield whilst moving to melee range,
judgement whilst moving to melee range,
SOTR if sacred duty proc is present,
Inquisition if sacred duty is not present,
judgement,
consecration,
hammer of wrath below 20%,
holy wrath.

Experience:

My raiding experience is not the greatest in the world, far from it. I started late TBC and did very few raids, a few pugs of early bosses. WOTLK did the first few bosses in naxx, ulduar, toc, nothig major worth noting. During this time i was a very casual player as i was still in high school and playing mainly one or 2 night a week so could not commit to a raid schedule. During ICC i had slightly more free time and managed to clear normal mode for both 10 and 25 man, heroic mode progress left much to be desired , 4/12 hc in both modes.

During cataclysm my raid progression has been getting steadily better throughout the tiers, t11 12/12, 1/13hc pre nerfs. Fl 7/7, 6/7hc. DS 8/8, 6/8hc.

Although my actual progression is fairly lacking many of the players and guilds on quel'thalas know me as a capable player and I am often involved in guild alt runs with the larger more progressed guilds on the server. The main reason for my lack of progress has been my unwillingness to change guilds. From the moment i started raiding, although extremely casual at first i have been very competitive , striving to do everything i can to set myself above others in terms of ability. The guilds i have been in, i have done my best to push to become better raiders and have a higher standard of raiding. The downside of this was my stubbornness and my refusal to admit that i had progressed as much as i could with those guilds. For the large amount of my time playing wow i have been in, in all honesty, fairly sub-par guilds, and have been loyal to a fault. I have been striving to push those guilds further when it would have been much better for me personally to move on to one of the more progressed guilds that frequently ask me to apply. Finally i have decided it is time to push myself forward and join a guild more suited to myself instead of dragging myself down by trying to raise others up.

Although some of this may sound negative i honestly do not regret a moment of my time in previous tiers, although i would have loved more progression, i believe pushing others to be the best that they can, made myself a much better raider overall. Without this struggle i do not believe i would have been half the raider i am today.

Logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5y1dy4qj89d2sxqi/sum/damageDone/?s=1211&e=1607#Theioden

Log of a 6/8hc run of ds10, note that in this log i am playing holy aswell as prot, and on certain bosses i am wearing part dps gear for rankings. If requested i can provide a full ds clear with prot on every boss and completing mechanics as intended. Alternatively my wow-heroes page has a variety of logs present to browse.

Interface:

http://postimage.org/image/bk3lb0ibv/

I use a fairly standard ui, bartender to organise the standard action bars to allow for more screen space. Shadowed unit frames, DBM with slightly altered timer locations, recount, prat. One thing to note, although i am a tank i do not use prat at this time, this is largely because of the threat buff in a previous patch, since then threat has been a non issue, and the majority of the 10 man encounters can be solo tanked, this addon has become somewhat useless to me. I do however have it installed for if and when i need it.

Any abilities i use frequently or are of importance are keybound, things like buffs or ress ect that i will mainly be casting out of combat and are therefore or little important are not keybound.

Pc and internet are both more than capable, 60mb internet connection, 6gb ram ect ect.

Previous guilds:

Upon starting wow i joined the cleansing flames, this was an extremly casual guild playing with friends ect, i left these to pursue a slightly higher standard of raiding upon cataclysm release.
Formed Deja vu with a grp of long standing friends in t11 content, we had fairly decent progression until a few long time friends quit the game ect, guild disbanded. I am currently in Exiled champions, great group of people, i have really enjoyed my time here, for a time at the start of the tier we were really competing with the top guilds, clearing 6/8hc before the majority of the server. However after that alot of the raid team got burnt out and the team has all but dissolved, unfortunate, but time to move on.

Alts:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Lenai/simple

My only fairly regularly played alt, mainly raid on this to help friends out when they need a decent ranged dps, and for the first few guild kills of heroic hagara when we had no raiding hunter. Gems enchants, professions are sub optimal as i am not raiding enough to warrant the gold, i do however still hold a steady 37-39k dps on it.

Other alts include:
Talrien, 85 dk
Edéa, 85 mage
Rentay, 85 shaman
Lorreli, 85 warrior
Greythorne, 85 druid

Dragons and you:

I am available for all raid days and am in control of my own play schedule.

I would like to join dragons as i believe it is time for me to join a guild more suited to my capabilities as a raider, i have had enough time playing this game not fulfilling my potential and it is time I believe to challenge myself.

I would bring a very capable raider to the team, i am a genuinely nice guy, never late to raids, always prepared, flasks ect.

I know alot of the guild members, although not well enough to feel they would vouch for me. The exception to this being mysti, i have known her for the majority of my time playing wow and im sure she will vouch for me Smile

One important thing i would like to add, if accepted to the guild, and if possible with you. I would like to complete whatever raid week we are currently in with Exiled Champions, the guild and its members have treated me well and i would not like to leave them with short notice of my departure. I would much prefer to show my respect by finishing the raid week with them and saying my goodbyes on good terms. If you would not allow this, i would ofc leave at first opportunity, but i would much prefer to leave them with the respect they have earnt from me.

Thank you for your time in reading this app and i hope to hear from you soon,

Theio ^^
Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:54 am View user's profile Send private message
Theioden

Post Reply with quote
p.s sorry for the walls of text, apparently i never learn to use paragraphs as a child Smile
Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:55 am View user's profile Send private message
darealshammy
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Hey Theioden, really nice application (I think that's 2 awesome apps we have had in a row, that must be the new format Wink )

I've played with you a few times and I think you used to be in RofP on your druid greythorne and the short amount of time I raided with you, you seemed a really solid player.

Good luck with your app and I think you'd make a great addition to the guild.

PS. Will also mean that I will no longer have to tank on my druid Very Happy

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 am View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
darealshammy wrote:
PS. Will also mean that I will no longer have to tank on my druid Very Happy

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:38 am View user's profile Send private message
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Glad to see you apply Theio Smile,

Nice app, good luck!

/Cala

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mysti

Post Re: Theioden : Prot pala Reply with quote
Theioden wrote:
I know alot of the guild members, although not well enough to feel they would vouch for me. The exception to this being mysti, i have known her for the majority of my time playing wow and im sure she will vouch for me Smile

Ohhh FINAAALLLLYYYY ypu decided to apply:) It took some, but I'm really glad you did it!!
For sure really nice guy, excellent player, sexy voice (!) and good English:) <3
Good luck!
Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
Hey, nice apply, welcome abboard.

/w an officer ingame for a trial, whenever your ready.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Yrael
Officer

Post Reply with quote
A TANK!
Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Orixa

Post Reply with quote
Quality player who will undoubtedly be a great asset to the guild. Couldn't recommend more highly.

Look forward to catching you around! Smile
Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: