Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Mists of Pandaria
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions View previous topic
View next topic
Mists of Pandaria
Tik
Officer

Post Mists of Pandaria Reply with quote
The Mists of Pandaria Press Tour in 5 Minutes

If you only have a few minutes to read about the Mists of Pandaria press tour, we have summarized the major points below. If you have time later you should really go back and read the whole thing!

The final patch of Mists of Pandaria will be the Siege of Orgrimmar! Both factions lay siege to the city to bring Garrosh down and end his reign of Warchief.
The new LFR loot system will allow everyone to roll individually. The highest few rolls will win an item from the boss. Upon winning a roll, if the boss has an item that you can use, you will win it. If not, you will get some amount of gold. It will only be in LFR to begin with, but can be added to other parts of the game later.
An 11th character slot has been added.
AoE Looting has been added.
There will not be an item squish in Mist of Pandaria.
No new race models are ready to be added yet.
There will be nine level 90 heroics for players as well as three raids with 14 raid bosses and three difficulties. There will be an additional two world bosses.
Scenarios will take place at level 90, in an instance, and reward reputation and Valor points. They don't need a healer, tank, and DPS, just DPS is fine. Each will take 10 to 30 minutes to complete and five or more will be available for launch.
In Challenge Modes, the vast majority of players will most likely earn a bronze medal even if they are a relatively unskilled player. After a player earns all the medals at the Bronze level, they will be rewarded with an achievement and title. Completing all of the Silver medals will earn a set of spectacular gear for transmogrification, and completing all of the gold will earn a unique epic flying mount. Challenge modes will be available for the six new dungeons at launch.
Cloud Serpents are the Pandaren's mount of choice. You can raise your own by doing 20 days of daily quests.
The Tillers faction will let you run your own farm! The farmer's market will provide daily quest to improve your farm every day, you will be able to clear plots of land and plant things like cooking ingredients, herbalism nodes, gifts for NPCs to build your reputation... etc.
Warlocks got the most class changes in MoP, along with new pets.
There will be more mounts and less color swaps for different rewards.
They are adding armor to creatures to give them varied appearances, something other than just simple color changes.
There are now seven zones, up from five. This was done to add more content to the game and give players a less linear progression path so that leveling for a second or third time isn’t the exact same.
There will be one new arena and two new battlegrounds at launch.
PvP pet battles are going to be fun and causal, only tracking the number of wins and not the number of losses. When fighting another player, you cannot see the other players name or communicate with them.
Currently, every race except Goblin and Worgen can learn the ways of the monk.
The Pre Mists of Pandaria Patch will be roughly two weeks before launch and bring simple rewards. It might involve a scenario with Theramore and the Alliance vs Horde theme. Chen Stormstout might also come to the local cities and get players excited about what is coming.
Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Skeffridge

Post Reply with quote
Absolutely nothing announced has me even remotely excited.
In short, no thanks.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
jesterlock

Post Reply with quote
warlocks getting the most changes, that should be interesting to see.
also farmville in wow...really?

the only thing i'd look forward to is 11'th char slot...gnome monk ftw.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Yes, for an expansion is pretty poor... or people expect too much...

If we look back in time, why the hell people are so crazy about Burning Crusade (including me) and not so crazy about Cataclysm, or MoP?
Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Gated tiers, no "You play 1 hour a week. You're really bad at the game. Here, raid end game." and you actually required a guild to more or less get anywhere. To raiders, that's a better game environment. Hit max level, do dungeons and heroics, join guild, do the first raid tier and work up.

Now it's just "hit max level. do heroics. do LFR. YOU ARE NOW GEARED FOR DRAGONSOUL. By the way, what's firelands?".

[23:28:02] [G] [90:Ignitra]: It's hard to shine when you're Kris's friend
Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
SkodLife

Post Reply with quote
Huuuuuuum, where have I heard that before...
Oh yeah, "what is Ulduar?"

Ok, I'll give Blizzard the benifit of doubt according to Gated tiers.
I'm not keeping my hopes up, but I see it as a Light in the Darkness...

A few things I'm looking forward to:
Monks (Draenei, ofcourse)
Pandaren as a race
11th slot
AoE-loot (FINALLY)
More mounts
Warlock changes
Chen Stormstout
Glyph of Righteous Retreat: During Divine Shield, you can invoke your Hearthstone 50% faster.

Else, GW2 and TERA is in the distance (and Diablo 3).

Looking forward to the beta.

Edit: Maybe the picture below is a bit too big...

Making my signature bigger than my posts whenever I can.
Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Esseni

Post Reply with quote
Farmvil seriosly?

Im not sure if I want to play it depends on how fast I get bored with Planetside 2 - Diablo 3 and others before hand Razz

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:14 am View user's profile Send private message
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
I didnt look more forward to an expansion as this one to be honest.

3 raids, 14 bosses, 2 outdoor bosses.
I mean, that 100x beats something like firelands or DS right? Waay less linear progress path likely.

Ofc for lore freaks might be a bit of disapointment to not fight some crazy bosses known from lore, personally I dont give a damn wether I fight Sargeras, or some badass panda which gone crazy; As long as the fight mecheanics are cool.

Then both that own farm, and the pet collecting, leveling and fighting, sound interesting to me. I welcome anything that keeps me away from idl'ing in SW. If it's not cool, u can always choose to not bother with it. But I think it will be quite nice to have some sort of mini games in WoW.

Then, If there is ONE thing I totally enjoy, it are the new instances at start of an expansion. Beat them in crap gear, aim for the achieves in there, something I rly enjoy, which goes away after the first weeks when the gear makes them far beyond trivial. Now they introduce challenges, which even comes with realm score board. Bring it on!

The scenerio's sound boring to me, but who knows it becomes cool as well, not seen something like it before.

Then the new area's from the screenshots, It looks totally amazing to me. Monk class, new talent system, dunno yet, have to see it when it's there.

What I personally hope is they indeed succeed in getting this world feeling a bit back, Actually travel to some places, and especially bring world pvp back, But it all depends how they gonna do it.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Esseni wrote:
Farmvil seriosly?

Im not sure if I want to play it depends on how fast I get bored with Planetside 2 - Diablo 3 and others before hand Razz

*Krisandra invites you to play Farmville*

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
SkodLife

Post Reply with quote
Krisandra wrote:
Esseni wrote:
Farmvil seriosly?

*Krisandra invites you to play Farmville*

Come closer, I want to punch you with my fist.

Anarki wrote:
Then both that own farm, and the pet collecting, leveling and fighting, sound interesting to me. I welcome anything that keeps me away from idl'ing in SW. If it's not cool, u can always choose to not bother with it. But I think it will be quite nice to have some sort of mini games in WoW.

I think one thing WoW have missed/needed is something other than "the usual game".

I am personally looking forward to try this farming. Not because of farmville, but because it's something I can dick around with (in the same way with housing in Skyrim and whatnot).

As long as it isn't something stupid like Angry Birds, I'm fine with it.

Making my signature bigger than my posts whenever I can.
Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
I think WoW needs more of this "farms"-style minigames/features.

Because will fill the gap of time when you dont have something to do multiplayer. Is pretty boring to sit 10 mins to wait for a raid invite, and even if is MMO, players need to do something in extra time too, for example when you play saturday evening at 11 am...

I think a PvP outdoor with guild towns/upgrades/andsoon is the major lack of this game. People will farm if they have a goal to do it...
Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:01 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
"World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Beta Test Invitation"

oh yea... bye reallife:p
Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:06 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Krisandra
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Have the invites been sent out then?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cowgoesblub

Post Reply with quote
Krisandra wrote:
Have the invites been sent out then?

Yes.. but you won't get any unless you get that year subscribtion of wow or haven't played in the past year or more.

A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.
=========
i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet
=========
"Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."
Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Yes, are sent....

This should be called a patch, not expansion:)

You get till level 10-11 as panda and you are put to choose to choose alliance/horde, and teleport to main towns from where you continue... 2 hours of content... Like was with goblins/worgens.

I did not find anything yet to like and to be new... Except the music and graphics:p

Did not try the 85-90 part, still waiting for the PTR copy...
Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: