Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Jenbones - Hunter
OtherBen

Post Jenbones - Hunter Reply with quote
Hello.

Name: Ben.
Class: Hunter.

Spec: At present I am Marks/Surv and I swap around a lot at the moment for PVP. Of course I'd always play what the guild needed.

Previous/Current guilds: My first ever guild was 'Is A Muppet' when I first joined Warcraft back when BC came out and raided Kara/Gruul's Lair/Maggy and BT. As I got into the game and Wrath was released I joined an old guild called Twilight (many members went on to join Intensity or whatever it used to be named) and it disbanded after a short run. I joined Divine Edge and raided through ICC with them and made some good friends. After a brief stint trying my hand at my own guild (Have Heart) and never being able to find a core group of players, I joined Scion where I remained and raided with them through Cata until they merged with RoP and I took a break from Warcraft. Now I am back and looking to get into some hardcore raiding again. I've tried a few guild recently and found them lacking.

WoW Experience: Most of my experience is noted above but I've raided all through BC and Wrath. Cata too but I have missed Firelands due to moving house/getting a job/uni etc. Now seems a good time to join a good guild due to being able to get into some good enough gear through dungeons/VP.

Equipment: I can link you to my armory I suppose. As I said, I've been on a break so my gear isn't great at the moment. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Jenbones/simple

Reason:
No real reasoning behind choices besides what has dropped for me and trying to build up a set through VP. Should all be enchanted and gemmed correctly mind, besides the relatively new scope for weapon.

Contacts in guild: I obviously know of a few people in Dragons having pugged or seen them around but I specifically know Yrael and I think Lildave is in yr guild? Both were members of my own guild and raided with them in Scion. Blinded and Relisys were also in Scion I believe?

Casual/Hardcore: Leaning towards hardcore. I am always up for casual elements though such as achieves, currently working on Insane.

Played: /played: 116 days, 16 hours. Although I hear that men spend 9 months of their lives peeing, so it's not so embarassing when you think of it like that.

Look forward to hearing from you. Smile
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Trikilo

Post Re: Jenbones - Hunter Reply with quote
OtherBen wrote:

but I specifically know Yrael and I think Lildave is in yr guild? Both were members of my own guild and raided with them in Scion. Blinded and Relisys were also in Scion I believe?

hahaha he said your name bitches! Very Happy

[23:35] Kris:
I'll make it very appealing
Don't worry Brohan
Kris got yo' back
Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:25 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
OtherBen

Post Reply with quote
oh and trik! i didn't realise you were in dragons. haha.
Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Calairiel
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Hey Jenbones,

Thank you for your apply.

As one of the resident hunters I will take the liberty of asking some hunter-related questions;

1. Explain your reasoning behind your current set of glyphs, are there any viable alternatives?
2. What ability apart from your normal dps abilities (utility), is in your opinion the most important one and why?
3. When confronted with other hunters in a raidsetting, what would make you the best performing one? (disregarding gear)

Looking forward to your reply, and i wish you good luck! ^^

/Cala

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
OtherBen

Post Reply with quote
1. I switch my glyphs back and forth depending on what I am doing. Kill Shot is good for boss fights where the last phase is a nuke but I mostly use it for PVP. Rapid Fire is the one I usually use for PVE. I also switch out the misdirection glyph for raptor strike in order to try and help the healers (for instance during feud on chimearon.

2. I don't know about MOST important, but we have a few utility abilties. CC (trap launcher, scatter shot) can be helpful in some fights (cho'gall). Aspect of the Fox is helpful for movement intensive fights and deterrence has been helpful in the past (although I see it's only really applicable to Ultraxxion in the new raid). I actually think disengage is the most useful to me when used right, it helps to get around faster and avoid potentially nasty effects fast.

3. I like to think that topping DPS meters is secondary to making sure tactics are done right. I try to read up on any bosses and make sure that I am in the right place at the right time and helping cc, slow, stun, and reduce the effort the healers have to make. I can't say I'd be the best performing one if yr in the raid though. Flattery gets you everywhere.
Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
noul
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Nice answers.
Accepted as trial. Wisper me or any officer for invite.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
Séregon

Post Reply with quote
OtherBen wrote:
oh and trik! i didn't realise you were in dragons. haha.

Haha, no one does Razz

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
IVY

Post Reply with quote
1. Explain your reasoning behind your current set of glyphs, are there any viable alternatives?
2. What ability apart from your normal dps abilities (utility), is in your opinion the most important one and why?
3. When confronted with other hunters in a raidsetting, what would make you the best performing one? (disregarding gear)

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:08 am View user's profile Send private message
SkodLife

Post Reply with quote
IVY, in case you haven't noticed, the last response was Monday December 12th 2011.

Making my signature bigger than my posts whenever I can.
Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Skeffridge

Post Reply with quote
It's a bot you re-re...

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:36 am View user's profile Send private message
SkodLife

Post Reply with quote
I'm a dumass, ok?

Making my signature bigger than my posts whenever I can.
Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: