Brutaltruth - Frost DK DPS

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment View previous topic
View next topic
Brutaltruth - Frost DK DPS
brutaltruth

Post Brutaltruth - Frost DK DPS Reply with quote
Name: Tom

Class: Death Knight

Spec: Frost DW DPS http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Brutaltruth/simple

Previous/Current guilds: Katastrophy

WoW Experience: I began playing at the start of Wrath on US server (Living in NZ at the time). After some casual pugs and learning the game I started taking raids seriously during ToC and by the time ICC was released I was in a top 5 guild on my server playing a ret paladin. I killed 11/12 heroic and then left because I was taking a break from the game and couldn't make their times anymore.

I came back and created my own guild that was EU based and lead a group of 10 to 9/12 heroic, which was pretty good considering a lot of raiders had never raided before and we were only doing one night per week. This continued during the start of Cata but I quit the game because I had no time for it.

I started EU about 2 months ago and I am back to give raiding at the high end a shot again.

Equipment: Gear is mainly 359's with one piece of 378 and I have enough valors for 2 pieces of t12, if I get accepted I will level up DPS orientated professions and purchase some BoE gear where I can.

Reason: As mentioned above I want to start raiding again

Contacts in guild: No one

Casual/Hardcore: Bit of both, I don't take this game extremely serious as the main purpose for me is to have fun but at the same time I try my hardest to get everything spot on i.e. stats, DPS rotations, not keyboard turning and clicking etc.

Played: 13 days on this character, although I had about 150 days on US servers.
Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:03 am View user's profile Send private message
Esseni

Post Reply with quote
Shocked

Well Helm enchanting is missing if your going to use 1h frost At least switch the Weapons around so Razer Ice is 1st and Crusader offhand

Also your spec is... intresting 1 in butchery for what reason? Chillbains is needed for most fights its very handy to use

Lichbourne is a handy talent not only for pvp its also used for pve and Oops I just stood in fire and need a quick heal if you macro it

Your Glyphs are also another thing

Blood boil instead of - Pestilence?

Blood tap in the empty glyph slot will help as blood tap is good for dps burst and start of boss fights

Either way good luck all the same

Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
brutaltruth

Post Reply with quote
Yea it's a bit messy atm, the glyphs were dragged over from my previous blood spec I was using.

The spec I'm using seems fine atm though when I get more gear I'd take one out of runic power mastery and put it in Butchery. Butchery is good and works really well with the set 2 piece it means a free frost strike on average every 32 seconds. With better gear you're rarely GCD capped and the extra 10 RP can seem wasted.

As for Lichborne imo it's PvP and can be picked up for Tank spec as there really isn't anything else to put points in aside from threat, which these days is a waste, not to mention it scales well with Vamp Blood. A full RP bar which is rare would be 3 quick heals of roughly 10 - 12k each, 1 talent point for a 30k heal every two minutes if lucky with RP cap doesn't seem worth it at all.

Chillbains as you mentioned is situational and as I'm currently not raiding at all it is pointless to spec atm but would do where required for certain fights.

I completely didn't know about the extra 2% dmg Razor Ice gives, I literally thought it just stacked the frost dmg debuff, now I know this yea it's a no brainer to equip on mainhand as mainhand strikes deal a lot more dmg and it'll scale better, thanks for that one.

The head enchant I'm working towards with rep and I also realise that str is the best enchant for gloves which I will get for the teir ones.
Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: