View next topic
Shadow Priest
Koryz

Post Shadow Priest Reply with quote
Name: Koryz

Class: Priest

Spec: Shadow 13/0/58

Previous/Current guilds:

I've been a member/officer of Dragon Knights since I started playing just over 2 years ago. My DK alt is still an officer there.

I have been a member of Furius Five in the past and joined Outbreak in July this year.

WoW Experience: I started playing WoW just over 2 years ago.

I have raided fairly hardcore with Outbreak recently but that is only ICC 25 man.

I have a DK alt that hit 80 just over a month ago that is sufficiently geared for ICC and RS. Have a lvl 40 hunter but other than that don't really have many high lvl alts.

My main and prio has always been my shadow priest and I've fully cleared all vanilla and tbc raids.

Naxx - cleared
Ulduar - 8/14
TotC - 5/5
ICC - 11/12
ICC HC - 4/12 (marrowgar, gunship, rotface, festergut)
RS - cleared

Equipment: Hit capped. Currently using the best possible gems and enchants for a shadow priest (except maybe the conscious decision to not use Black Magic over the steady 89 spell power enchant).

Other than the want of two 10 man ICC HC items (264 Muradin's Spyglass and 264 Meg'hari Chieftan's Staff) - I'm quite content with my gear. I'm fully 264 except 1 251 item, and 3 277 items.

Reason: To experience higher end raid material. I've yet to fully experience the hard modes of ICC nor ever faced the 25 man Lich King.

Contacts in guild: known Angryarse for most of my time playing WoW.

Have also spoken to Qatara some time back who informed me that Dragons were looking for Shadow Priests.

Casual/Hardcore: Hardcore. Easily play 5-6 plus evenings a week.

Played: 96 days on shadow priest
Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Angryarse

Post Reply with quote
Finaly you apply, you slacker:-)
He is a very good in game friend of mine, and he would fit in nicely. I have no doubt about that.
I wish you the best of luck m8.

/Angry

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
xildurin
Officer

Post Reply with quote
if you are still an officer on another guild it will be hard to even be accepted.
you will have to be certain you even want to give up being an officer and discuss it with
the other officers i guess that you are planning on leaving.

Nice apply for the rest to and we will discus if we need another trial SP

Xildurin
Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Koryz

Post Reply with quote
I think you misunderstood - my shadow priest Koryz is currently guildless as I have left Outbreak earlier today.

My shadow priest was an officer some time back and whilst my alt is still an officer - as I said my shadow priest is my priority. So this would not be an issue as I only play on alt occasionally.
Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Koryz

Post ? Reply with quote
Is this a decline on the basis you don't have a spot for shadow at the moment?
Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Qatara

Post Reply with quote
I'm no officer but I need to express what I see...
We're currently progressing on LK hc and we expecting that you're the best, You need to know your class.
Therefore I'm going to point out a few things that could be better:

1. Meta is way off, not even close to what it should be.

2. Spirit is a bit of a wasted stat...
Spell coefficient:
Int = 0.22
Spi = 0.59
SP = 1.00 (obviously as values are normalized to SP)
Hit = 1.88
Crit = 0.76
Haste = 0.98
You got way to many SP/Spirit Gems

3. You're 80 hit over cap...(trying to do anything about it?)

4. Where the heck is you 4-set bonus... This is the biggest dps upgrade you can do.
Seriously It's not a Gearscore or Item level race...

5. Weapon is way off aswell... Heroic Niblung is 17th on the BiS list. (And you have normal)
There are so many options instead of that one. Even ToC 25 weapon are better.

As I said you really need to know your class and Shadow priest have one of the best grounds to check if you're doing it right with Shadowpriest.com which most classes don't have.

I'm no priest... and this took me about 10 min to figure out.
Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:51 am View user's profile Send private message
Koryz

Post Reply with quote
Qatara

Thanks for your comments - I'm not do arrogant as to not take criticism but I feel I just took a slating and would like to just justify my decisions.

I'm well aware that for dps the crit meta gem is the best. However even with omen I was finding threat management quite challenging balanced with maximising. So to counter the need to stop and start dps as threat built up (which for a shadow priest majorly reduces dps as we build up dps very slowly compared to other classes). I opted to choose a threat management gem - yes I know that has an implication on dps but for my personal experience and play style that gem works for me. So while someone on shadowpriest.com can advise you the best meta - it's not always as simple what someone says is the best. I will however say shadowpriest.com has been instrumental in getting to know my class better.

I am also aware how useless spirit is when compared to spellpower but geming blue sometimes isn't bad when it unlocks socket spellpower (my limit is 7.. you won't find me using a blue gem for a socket bonus of 4 spellpower for instance) - some fights are very mana intensive and having a spirit gem only makes a 2dps co-efficient diff when it unlocks a 7+ spellpower socket bonus. Despite spirit not being high on the co-efficient list.. it does still count as dps boosters. At present I can use Shadowfiend first thing in a fight and a second time towards the end. Whereas I would need to send it out mid-fight as mana restoration and saves being able to use disperse as a good damage mitigation (which in occasions helps healers) rather than simply as mana restoration.

I'm also aware I'm over hit cap but it's not easy to shake off hit sometimes. Yes I'm trying but it's hard to justify why your rolling on lower gear against someone who has a 232 or 245 item and it's a major upgrade.

I do have the 251 4th set bonus for the chest - but if I'm being honest I upgraded it so the 264 vendor item - which in hindsight maybe wasn't the wisest idea - so I guess I should thank you for pointing that out.

Again I'm aware that's it's not the best weapon but as I said it's hard to justify why you are rolling on lower level gear when you have a higher level item. The weapons I highlighted in my application is an improvement - and I hope that shows that I'm aware that I don't have the best weapon. I will however put my hands up and admit I could be more proactive with how hard I'm trying to get rid of it.
Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:40 am View user's profile Send private message
Qatara

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for responding and not taking offence.
Even tho I might not agree with all your decision, I respect them because you're willing to defend them. Very Happy

P.S That was exactly what I wanted out from writeing the previous post.
Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Koryz

Post Reply with quote
Take offence?
... from someone who is likely one of the best players on our realm?

Hmmm. Simply put.. if you aren't going to learn from the best - who are you going to learn from?
Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:28 am View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
qatara sucks, there is only 1 best ally player on server

Hunter
Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 am View user's profile Send private message
xildurin
Officer

Post Reply with quote
thx Biel

Xildurin
Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
After considering our app, we figured out we have enough shadow priests atm, maybe in the future, another time...
Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Koryz

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for letting me know.
Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: