Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Upcoming retarded changes

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions View previous topic
View next topic
Upcoming retarded changes
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Upcoming retarded changes Reply with quote
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1851-Battle-net-Update-Upcoming-Changes-to-the-Official-Forums#new_comment

So whenever you post on the forums it will display ur real name to everyone. :p
what a bullshit

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
sucks idd, im not gonna post under my real name.

Good way to make those few ppl posting stop doing it

Hunter
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
avasile

Post Reply with quote
Bah, now Tik can not start flame wars anymore...too bad Razz
Although, I think he has 2 or 3 WOW accounts and he may be able to do it still Smile
A.
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Noiros

Post Reply with quote
Mixed feelings. This will surely cut back on the amount on trolling done on the forums, which is just way too much these days, but I fear it'll stop some normal people from posting as well. I can totally imagine when you don't want it to be in the top search results when your potential new employer does a Google search on your name or something.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cowgoesblub

Post Reply with quote
yeah...

I dont want my boss to google my name and find out i spend way waaaaay to much time on the forum Razz

A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.
=========
i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet
=========
"Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."
Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
yep, thats why it sucks.

They could make ppl to post on 1 char only, or allow others to see whos alt is what char. But showing real name is plain stupid. Its a game, not a corporate network.

Hunter
Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
tbh, I dunno how much info it takes to register on blizzard forum, but rly, make up a name and attach it to an e-mail address. How are they going to know?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
You dont register to bluzz forum, you just use your wow login and pass atm. They are goi g to merge it with battle.net data so you will be forced to post under your real, battle.net registered name.

Hunter
Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
And, what, the forum account expires with your subscription?
Seriously, can't be that hard to make a dummy account, if you want to.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
bielan
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Yes, forum access expires with subscription:) you can only post if you paid monthly subscription. You log to forum same way you log into game (without authenticator)

Hunter
Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
True I can't post anymore on WoW forums in the future in this conditions from a lot of reasons....
... not that I have what to flame anymore lately Smile realm forum is a LFGuild spam system.
Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:38 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anarki
Guild Master

Post Reply with quote
good thing is, when i registered, didnt use full name, only initials, so guess that would be fine, can be alot of ppl then. but still, i think with all the massive complains they will get about this, is a good chance this gets changed.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:49 am View user's profile Send private message
Noiros

Post No full names on forums Reply with quote
Important stuff in bold. source

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to take some time to speak with all of you regarding our desire to make the Blizzard forums a better place for players to discuss our games. We've been constantly monitoring the feedback you've given us, as well as internally discussing your concerns about the use of real names on our forums. As a result of those discussions, we've decided at this time that real names will not be required for posting on official Blizzard forums.

It's important to note that we still remain committed to improving our forums. Our efforts are driven 100% by the desire to find ways to make our community areas more welcoming for players and encourage more constructive conversations about our games. We will still move forward with new forum features such as conversation threading, the ability to rate posts up or down, improved search functionality, and more. However, when we launch the new StarCraft II forums that include these new features, you will be posting by your StarCraft II Battle.net character name + character code, not your real name. The upgraded World of Warcraft forums with these new features will launch close to the release of Cataclysm, and also will not require your real name.

I want to make sure it's clear that our plans for the forums are completely separate from our plans for the optional in-game Real ID system now live with World of Warcraft and launching soon with StarCraft II. We believe that the powerful communications functionality enabled by Real ID, such as cross-game and cross-realm chat, make Battle.net a great place for players to stay connected to real-life friends and family while playing Blizzard games. And of course, you'll still be able to keep your relationships at the anonymous, character level if you so choose when you communicate with other players in game. Over time, we will continue to evolve Real ID on Battle.net to add new and exciting functionality within our games for players who decide to use the feature.

In closing, I want to point out that our connection with our community has always been and will always be extremely important to us. We strongly believe that Every Voice Matters, ( http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html ) and we feel fortunate to have a community that cares so passionately about our games. We will always appreciate the feedback and support of our players, which has been a key to Blizzard's success from the beginning.

Mike Morhaime
CEO & Cofounder
Blizzard Entertainment

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: