Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions View previous topic
View next topic
Crud
Officer

Post Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th Reply with quote

Apparently, if you didn't merge your WoW account to a Battle.net account you won't be able to play the game after November 12th. The good news is, you get a free penguin!
Quote from Blizzard staff

Q: What happens if I don’t merge my World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account?
A: After November 12, 2009, you won’t be able to log in to the game unless you merge your account with a Battle.net account. You will need to log in using your Battle.net account username (your email address) and password.

Q: How can I obtain the penguin pet?
A: Once you’ve successfully merged a World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account, the penguin pet will be sent via in-game mail to all existing characters on the merged World of Warcraft account, along with all future characters on that World of Warcraft account. Players who merged previously will also receive the pet this way.

Q: Do I need to merge by a certain date in order to receive the penguin?
A: We plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future, we haven’t determined exactly when just yet.

Q: If I create a new World of Warcraft account, will I receive the pet?
A: Only existing World of Warcraft accounts that merge with a Battle.net account are eligible to receive the penguin pet. If you create a new Battle.net account after November 11 and merge an existing World of Warcraft account with it you will still be able to receive the pet. However, please note that we plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future.
Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:53 am View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
What?
What a waste of time.
It'd better be a simple process, I have no patience for obtuse websites.

Battle.net says * US / Oceanic accounts only.
I guess that means the asian operators are exempt.

"Have you ever...
* Created a Blizzard Account from the Blizzard Account homepage?

* Purchased an item from or simply created an account at the Blizzard Store website?

* Registered with the Blizzard Store to purchase BlizzCon 2008 tickets?

* Registered game keys for classic Blizzard games such as Diablo II or StarCraft to a Blizzard Account?"

How the fuck am I meant to remember any of that? They think I keep fucking detailed records of every online account I ever make?

" By clicking the check box below, you agree that Blizzard (or one of Blizzard’s affiliates) has the right to monitor and review personal messages you send or receive on the Battle.net Service, or through any game that is playable through the Battle.net Service. "

Big Brother is watching you.

Blizzard respects your privacy.
By clicking this you agree to allow blizzard to share your name, address, e-mail, purchasing history, game history and any and all in game chat with whoever we damn well please.
Oh, and we'll be sending you spam e-mails too. Have a nice day.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:55 am View user's profile Send private message
Crud
Officer

Post Reply with quote
i its easy to do when u make your battlenet acc it takes like 2 clicks to merge wow acc with it
Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
The merge might be simple, not done that yet.
The battle.net account makes me ill.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
Crud
Officer

Post Reply with quote
i dont like it eather far to meay ppl seem to bee hacked though it but we have no choice now bliz did say it would happen a few months ago and the time have come
Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
I dont see on wow-europe but like Dys said: is crap. I purchased WoW, i dont buy anything else and i dont care about the other services.

If they wanted to be PRO, they should make an account for me and send me an email. Which I will report as SPAM:)
Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: