Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Warhammer screens

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Other games discussions View previous topic
View next topic
Warhammer screens
Dys
Officer

Post Warhammer screens Reply with quote
For those that want to know what it looks like, I'll try to post some screens here. It's huge, so I can't show much.

This is the EULA, which you have to accept every time you log into the game. Oh, and you can't accept til you scroll to the bottom.

Character select, featuring my highest level character... Rory. Full name Rory McBastard, but I doubt that would have been allowed. He's a Witch Hunter, which is essentially a rogue with some interesting twists.

This is troll country. One of the mid level zones. Doesn't it look inviting...

And this is a troll. Hateful stomping things.

The castle in Troll Country, the main RvR objective of the zone. It's under Destruction control. Like most things. Taking it would need many people to kill a load of mobs and capture several lesser objectives, and buy siege weapons and bring them here to batter the walls... not sure exactly how it works.

If I see anything worth screening I'll add more, might post some info on classes and professions if anyone's interested.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 am View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Combat is nice? Because all movies on youtube are looking so bad... is like you dance or ballet or 3 seconds wep speed fight:)
Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:54 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
It's pretty slow compared to wow I guess. I appreciate that in RvR, it gives you time to think.

Combat on my Witch Hunter is damn near identical to rogue, you build combo with one ability and use them on others. Main difference is that you build combo on yourself, so they don't disappear when things die, you can build to 5 on one mob and use them all on another.

A lot of the classes are pretty strange, the Bright Wizard for example builds Conflagration every time he casts a spell. The higher your Conflag gets, the more damage you do, the higher your crit chance. But it also increases the chances your spells will also hit you. Seen a friend of mine blow himself up many times.

The RvR is quite tactical compared to wow, you often get both sides facing off, unwilling to engage, as the whole group needs to move together and the guy at the front usually dies.
(bearing in mind my experience of pvp in WAR is probably already greater than in wow)

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Vid of me healing in the first Empire scenario.

http://files.filefront.com/Nordenwatch+Crommwmv/;11872724;/fileinfo.html

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Strange event tonight, found myself in the middle of the largest RvR battle I've seen so far. It's a good demonstration of how large fights play out in WAR.

http://files.filefront.com/TrollCountryWarwmv/;11902891;/fileinfo.html

Must have been at least 20 players on each side and at the height of it probably 30+

In essence, each army groups up, facing one another. Then the ranged classes do their best to kill people as the healers try to stop them. The tank melee stand around at the front, occasionally skirmishing along the battle line, and sometimes an idiot charges into the middle of the enemy and gets cut down in seconds.

We faced off like that, trading fire and moving slowly back and forth for maybe an hour.
Then I got bored and left.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:29 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » Other games discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: