Dragons Guild Forum Index
ProgressDKPRegisterSearchMemberlistGames OnlineUsergroupsLog in
Lich pre-patch

Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions View previous topic
View next topic
Lich pre-patch
Tik
Officer

Post Lich pre-patch Reply with quote
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9236465192&sid=1

With the release of Wrath of the Lich King approaching, we wanted to provide you with some important information. In preparation for the expansion, we will be issuing a new content patch in the coming weeks. Much like the patch made available shortly before The Burning Crusade's release, this content patch is designed to bridge current game content with that of the expansion and will contain some exciting changes and additions.

We have outlined some of the larger features scheduled to release with the patch below:

New class spells and talents
Stormwind Harbor
Barbershops in capital cities
Zeppelin towers outside of Orgrimmar and Tirisfal Glades
Two brand-new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles
Guild calendar
Hunter pet skill revamp
New profession: Inscription

As mentioned above, this is not a comprehensive list, just some of the major highlights. We’ll post the full patch notes as soon as they’re available. Regarding Inscription, please note that all Burning Crusade players will be able to select Inscription as one of their two professions and level up to a skill level of 375 with it. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, players who purchase and install the expansion will be able to continue leveling in Inscription and the other professions beyond 375.
Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Niax

Post Reply with quote
The release of the WotLK in my opinion is quite far ahead in spite of what they promise, so don't put too much hope. Northrend is still terribly bugged - messed up quests, game graphics, mobs - simply forget about official release as it is atm.

And the Death Knight class is still under active development, tweaking and ballanceing. With last patch for example they turned it like upside down - changed skills, abilities, reformed, etc. And rumor within the beta goes that they will do it again soon and, eventually, nerf it before release which won't suprise me much - it's a bit unreal atm to play one.

Oh btw hi Smile.
Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Hi, but there is no release date:)
Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Niax

Post Reply with quote
No official date but rumors Smile. Still the game looks like there is a lot more to be worked on.

If you are interested in anything in particular I could try and leech some info.
Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Homika

Post Reply with quote
omg Niax Smile

Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Dys
Officer

Post Reply with quote
omg Homika! Razz

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
Actually is made the content, but they add step by step to beta servers to test, otherwise probably people will go directly to ice crown and logout. You can't tell me that the last 600mb patch was made in 1-2 weeks.

So, considering how beta went until now you can expect anytime an announce. I really doubt they will put raiding content in beta and so on. And allready level 80 stuff is there.
Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Niax

Post Reply with quote
Homi Smile

I also doubt there will be raiding stuff in the beta. And ofc there is lvl 80 stuff already. There are many lvl 80 ppl in the beta now. Funny enough some of them got like 3-4 lvls by repeating a single bugged quest Smile. Ppl said it was one of those bombing quests where you fly a griffin and drop bombs. The bug was that ppl got full XP for every single bombed mob down and the spawn rate was almost immediate. So all day bombing = lvl 80 Smile. And ofc the whole area was closed in no time Wink.

The testing of the new content isn't that easy, no matter how fast or slow they input it. The main reason is the server stability which as of now corresponds somewhat close to zero (speaking about Northrend). There are about 2 hours in the morning and 2 more late during night when you can really do something meaningful and test. Rest of the time it's lag, disconnects, rolling restarts, rollbacks, world server down, etc. Actually the beta servers you are talking about is a beta SERVER (yes, just one, PvE) for whole Europe, called Coldarra.

Anyway the most interesting testing area at the moment in my opinion isn't Northrend (because of the reasons mentioned above) but... Outlands. Stable, well known and at the same time still offering some amusement, that's the stage swarmed like plague by the new hero class - the Death Knight. As I mentioned in previous post the testing goes in 2 parallel main directions - testing Northrend and testing the death knight class (testing death knight IN Northrend is bonus Wink).

P.S. You should see 5 death knights rapeing some Outlands instance Smile. Priceless.
Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
The crashes are not so bad like you say.
Yes is not 100% free-lag or whatever, but I did Utgarde Keep without problems for example. And DK area start is the same lag free and was able to make few levels in 4-5 hours without any lag or disconnects.
Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tik
Officer

Post Reply with quote
"None of the classes are done. They are still being iterated on. 3.0 will be on the PTR's soon. There is still a lot of testing before 3.0 would go live to public servers. If you look back at past patches, we've had patches on the PTR for over 2 months before."

So, dec/jan is probably a good date to consider...
Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Niax

Post Reply with quote
Disagree. Crashes ARE that bad. For example tonight the auth server is completely dead. Earlier when could authenticate was dropping in max 15 mins. Utgarde Keep is an instance and usually lag (and not only) inside and outside of the instances isn't the same - remember Razorgore in BWL? Smile. Other than that the DK start area is relatively lag-free indeed. But as I said before - it all matters when you play too. In the rush evening hours you can simply forget doing anything in Northrend out of an instance.

How do you like DKs btw? Smile
Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Dragons Guild Forum Index » WoW Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: